X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffBills333
    • Jan 2005

Bledsoe must take paycut or is cut

This was stickied on the Buffalo Bills . com message boards.
    Chris Mortonsen reports that if Drew Bledsoe doesnt restructure his contract before the March 1st deadline, the Bills will be ready to cut the vetern QB and go forward with last years 1st round draft pick JP Losman
  • ArcticWildMan

Comment

• Billz_fan
      • Jan 2003

AWM, your neg rep is going the wrong direction. At this rate you will be in the positive on Feb 2nd
      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Billz_fan
        AWM, your neg rep is going the wrong direction. At this rate you will be in the positive on Feb 2nd

I know!!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

From an independent viewpoint (not affiliated with either the amigos or the DLC) this only makes sense for the Bills. Drew has not earned a big time salary. From a fiscal standpoint, if Drew were to stay with the team, the team needs to fortify it's talent in other areas to compensate for Drew's lack of production. That takes bucks. If Drew leaves, then for better or worse, the future is now. At least we'll have a pretty good idea by October whether Losman has what it takes to QB in the NFL.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

When has anyone been right guessing what TD will do...

Comment

• clumping platelets

So, we are giving up on 2005 season

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by clumping platelets

Only if Drew is still here.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  Please inform all of us what he did to "save" the 2004 season.

Comment

• Section 130 Row 26
                    • Jan 2005

That was never said by Mort....I watched his segment today...Bledsoe will start in 05 and start in the pro bowl....hahahahaha oh wait, today isnt opposite day

JG

View the Rest of My List!

Bledsoe and Lindell are smelly

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Starting Drew in 2005 means the Bills are happy with the status quo. Is that what you want?
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                        • Oct 2002

Im no Bledsoe supporter, but if Bledsoe was willing to take a big paycut and a backup role then, id be ok with that.. I wouldnt be happy though.. We all know Bledsoe wont do both, so Cya Bledsoe..

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Fantastic news if true.

Comment

• colin
                            Drew's my hero!
                            • Jul 2002

the best possible thing for the bills is that drew comes back at a cut.

1. we keep 2 qbs on our roster and one vet, drew will prolly start the beginning of the season or force jp to work harder

2. we get cap money out of thin air, a couple extra mill might get us that o line help we need

3. if bledsoe takes an out and out cut, guys like moulds and pat williams will not be looking for the biggest money, so we might get a positive domino effect, then we might REALLY be able to get some o line upgrades and perhaps even a kick ass LDE (that dude from the jets would look good on blue)

if we play hardball and drew walks, we get a big cap hit on nothing, and might look to some guys like we are giving up on the season, will make it harder to attract some talent.

drew taking the cut = best chace for our team.

Comment

• jmb1099
                              • Sep 2004

Keeping Drew around will create an unnecessary controversy in the locker room. A pay cut is not the answer he really needs to either play for another team or retire with what little dignity he has left. Also the coaching staff could then give proper amount of time for creating a game plan around Lossman.

Comment

Working...
                              X