PDA

View Full Version : The Bills have a long way to go

BF_in_Indiana
01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
The Bills have a long way to go before they are on the same level as the New England Patriots. Was there any doubt today that New England is leaps and bounds above the Bills? They are just so sound. Brady is the modern day Joe Montana.

We are making progress but we are a long way off.

don137
01-16-2005, 08:58 PM
It does help if they can lose Crennel and Weis

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 08:59 PM
We have a defense that can hang with them. Our weakness is our ***cough***cough*** offense.

finsrclowns
01-16-2005, 09:01 PM
We have a defense that can hang with them. Our weakness is our ***cough***cough*** offense.

Yeah, if only we had the league MVP at QB, 3 1000+ receivers, the #3 rushing attack, an all-pro line, then we could....score 3 points. :funny:

G. Host
01-16-2005, 09:03 PM

Yeah that same defense which could not stop Pittsburgh's 4th stringers.

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah that same defense which could not stop Pittsburgh's 4th stringers.

Nor could they score against them. ;)

TigerJ
01-16-2005, 09:13 PM
The offence needs some more work, I agree, but I think it's mostly a case of the team needing to become more mentally tough. Buffalo executed when they faced teams with reputations as losers, but fell appart when facing touogh teams lilke NE and the Steelers. Part of that is the talent on those teamse, but I think more of it was due to the fact that Buffalo simply let themselves be intimidated. No matter who they play, New England always executes well and plays consistently. That's what Mularkey has to strive for.

Michael82
01-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Nor could they score against them. ;)
Nor could the number 1 offensive team in the league against the Patriots D. :;

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Nor could the number 1 offensive team in the league against the Patriots D. :;

Were we playing today?

Yeah...I thought not. Your point is?

BF_in_Indiana
01-16-2005, 09:46 PM
That is the biggest thing about New England. They play the same way every week. They don't look ahead or behind and they come out each week ready to play their best ball. Pittsburgh is going to get beat pretty badly I believe.

colin
01-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Brady did not have a good game, and he was up against a bad D while his running game was on point. He had an efficient game (and not in the PER way, but in reality). Bledsoe has put up many games like that this year, and so has big ben, it is a function of a team executing on O and dominating on D. A better QB would be nice, but the requirements for a great team are D, O line, coaching, and some running, you need to be able to pass and score but it is not always there.

Brady is a modern day brady, with his 180 yards, not Montanna.

jmb1099
01-17-2005, 06:46 AM
NE running game is what won the game. Shades of Buffalo vs giants concerning time management as the key. I can't stand NE and Billy B but I have to give props...he found a way to beat Manning and as much as I can't stand it I have to respect it.

justasportsfan
01-17-2005, 07:48 AM
Brady did not have a good game, and he was up against a bad D while his running game was on point. He had an efficient game (and not in the PER way, but in reality). Bledsoe has put up many games like that this year, and so has big ben, it is a function of a team executing on O and dominating on D. A better QB would be nice, but the requirements for a great team are D, O line, coaching, and some running, you need to be able to pass and score but it is not always there.

Brady is a modern day brady, with his 180 yards, not Montanna.all he had to do was not screw up and he did a good job at it. I wish we had a qb like that.

jamze132
01-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Maybe if we had an O line, QB, kicker, etc., things would have panned out better for us.

BF_in_Indiana
01-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Brady does what is asked within the system better than any other quarterback in the league could do it. Manning wouldn't win Super Bowls in that system in New England. Tom Brady has "it". We've just got "it" with the sh in front of it.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-17-2005, 12:30 PM
I will go ahead and say that I think the Steelers got a wake up call last week and they will roll the Patriots this weekend. The Steelers defense is a lot better than the Colts.

mybills
01-17-2005, 01:39 PM
The Bills have a long way to go before they are on the same level as the New England Patriots. .
Well, if we had 4 leaf clovers, rabbits feet, and could purchase a herd of zebras, we wouldn't have that far to go.

Michael82
01-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Well, if we had 4 leaf clovers, rabbits feet, and could purchase a herd of zebras, we wouldn't have that far to go.
Don't forget about paying off the referees. :lol:

mybills
01-17-2005, 02:18 PM
like I said, "purchase a herd of zebras"

Charlieguide
01-17-2005, 08:56 PM
TigerJ touched on an interesting point reagarding intimidation. The Bills (Bledsoe included, but not exclusively) did seem to fall victim to mental errors more often in "big" games. Coaching can -- and we have to hope will -- fix that.

The Patriots, on the other hand, have reached an envious position: they intimidate other teams. How often did we see competitive, even strong, teams make error after error against them? Belichick is an outstanding coach, and they have some pretty good players. But now that everyone knows how good BB is, and how perfectly they execute, I think more teams make more errors, and become more frustrated against the Pats. It's easy to lose hope after one mistake, if most teams lost to the Pats due to the same single error. And every team that does it adds fuel to the fire for the next team.

Personally, I'm sick of them. Bruschi had WAY too much attitude after the game. Perhaps their eventual downfall is hubris?

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 09:01 PM
The Patriots are doing something that only happens once every decade or two.

They are not the average top notch team. They are doing somethoing of a historic nature. If they win it all again this year, put them up there with the 1960's Packers, 70's Steelers, and 80's 49ers.