• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BF_in_Indiana
    FIRE JAURON NOW
    • Apr 2003

The Bills have a long way to go

The Bills have a long way to go before they are on the same level as the New England Patriots. Was there any doubt today that New England is leaps and bounds above the Bills? They are just so sound. Brady is the modern day Joe Montana.

We are making progress but we are a long way off.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

It does help if they can lose Crennel and Weis

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

We have a defense that can hang with them. Our weakness is our ***cough***cough*** offense.

Comment

• finsrclowns
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
        We have a defense that can hang with them. Our weakness is our ***cough***cough*** offense.
        Yeah, if only we had the league MVP at QB, 3 1000+ receivers, the #3 rushing attack, an all-pro line, then we could....score 3 points.
        finsrclowns

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Yeah that same defense which could not stop Pittsburgh's 4th stringers.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by G. Host
            Yeah that same defense which could not stop Pittsburgh's 4th stringers.

Nor could they score against them.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

The offence needs some more work, I agree, but I think it's mostly a case of the team needing to become more mentally tough. Buffalo executed when they faced teams with reputations as losers, but fell appart when facing touogh teams lilke NE and the Steelers. Part of that is the talent on those teamse, but I think more of it was due to the fact that Buffalo simply let themselves be intimidated. No matter who they play, New England always executes well and plays consistently. That's what Mularkey has to strive for.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Nor could they score against them.
                Nor could the number 1 offensive team in the league against the Patriots D.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  Nor could the number 1 offensive team in the league against the Patriots D.

Were we playing today?

Yeah...I thought not. Your point is?

Comment

• BF_in_Indiana
                    FIRE JAURON NOW
                    • Apr 2003

That is the biggest thing about New England. They play the same way every week. They don't look ahead or behind and they come out each week ready to play their best ball. Pittsburgh is going to get beat pretty badly I believe.

Comment

• colin
                      Drew's my hero!
                      • Jul 2002

Brady did not have a good game, and he was up against a bad D while his running game was on point. He had an efficient game (and not in the PER way, but in reality). Bledsoe has put up many games like that this year, and so has big ben, it is a function of a team executing on O and dominating on D. A better QB would be nice, but the requirements for a great team are D, O line, coaching, and some running, you need to be able to pass and score but it is not always there.

Brady is a modern day brady, with his 180 yards, not Montanna.

Comment

• jmb1099
                        • Sep 2004

NE running game is what won the game. Shades of Buffalo vs giants concerning time management as the key. I can't stand NE and Billy B but I have to give props...he found a way to beat Manning and as much as I can't stand it I have to respect it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin
                          Brady did not have a good game, and he was up against a bad D while his running game was on point. He had an efficient game (and not in the PER way, but in reality). Bledsoe has put up many games like that this year, and so has big ben, it is a function of a team executing on O and dominating on D. A better QB would be nice, but the requirements for a great team are D, O line, coaching, and some running, you need to be able to pass and score but it is not always there.

Brady is a modern day brady, with his 180 yards, not Montanna.
                          all he had to do was not screw up and he did a good job at it. I wish we had a qb like that.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Maybe if we had an O line, QB, kicker, etc., things would have panned out better for us.

Comment

• BF_in_Indiana
                              FIRE JAURON NOW
                              • Apr 2003

Brady does what is asked within the system better than any other quarterback in the league could do it. Manning wouldn't win Super Bowls in that system in New England. Tom Brady has "it". We've just got "it" with the sh in front of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X