PDA

View Full Version : I still cannot believe the Jets went conservative

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-17-2005, 10:30 AM
What the heck was Herm Edwards thinking. His kicker just missed a field goal, he gets an interception. He has like two minutes on the clock and two time-outs. What does he do, he runs, throws a screen and basically lets the clock run down. I can't figure out why he didn't try to get down the field to set up a game winning, I don't know, 25 yard field goal.

Michael82
01-17-2005, 10:44 AM
What the heck was Herm Edwards thinking. His kicker just missed a field goal, he gets an interception. He has like two minutes on the clock and two time-outs. What does he do, he runs, throws a screen and basically lets the clock run down. I can't figure out why he didn't try to get down the field to set up a game winning, I don't know, 25 yard field goal.
And the ironic thing is that he faced a team who did the exact same thing the week before. Doesn't he learn from his opponents mistakes? What the hell was up with the knee? That was a waste of a 3rd down.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-17-2005, 10:45 AM
yep, I agree...poor coaching under pressure....

Playing NOT TO LOSE instead of playing to WIN.

It'll kill you in tight playoff games.

eyedog
01-17-2005, 01:44 PM
yep, I agree...poor coaching under pressure....

Playing NOT TO LOSE instead of playing to WIN.

It'll kill you in tight playoff games.

The Colts did the same thing. That wasn't the same Indy game plan I watched all season.
Buff/Pitt MM pulled the same thing. Why???? Some of these coaches just freeze up.

DaBills
01-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Mondays usually suck, but today was GREAT listening to all the call-in shows and whiny Jets fans. EVERYONE was tearing Herm a new one, even giving Brein and Hackett a pass for that loss.

YOU PLAY TO NOT LOSE THE GAME! lol.

How do you not even fire one into the endzone and try and get 6? Worst case, they intercept or it's an inc. Maybe they run an INT back for a TD? But depending on your kicker a few minutes later in almost the same circumstances that he just missed one. Yikes. Kick me in the nuts one more time why don't ya.

:crazy:

Drive 4 Five
01-17-2005, 09:18 PM
In that situation, you go for the touchdown. The Jets were aggressive in their attack and easily marched down the field and then got conservative after a screen pass that netted about 15 yards. After a huge play like that, you don't get conservative. You have to play it safe, but you still try and score the touchdown. You go until you are out of downs and a fieldgoal is your only option. Had the Jets not gone conservative, they would have won that game. No doubt.