PDA

View Full Version : I know this may sound crazy but....

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2005, 02:43 PM
I appreciate the New England Patriots. How they win with total team effort and not many stars. I hope they win it all and represent our division.

Crisis
01-17-2005, 02:46 PM
I respect how they win, but I hate them.

I never want them to win again.

Typ0
01-17-2005, 02:46 PM
I appreciate them too. They have a good program there right now anyone that denies that is just plain wrong...plus if they win it will be nice beating up on them next season if we can get rid of bledsoe.

The Natrix
01-17-2005, 02:48 PM
I agree. I don't understand where all the hatred comes from. I only hate the Fins and cowgirls.

Pride
01-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Jealousy = Hatred

Typ0
01-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Jealousy = Hatred

that can be so true...we have seen this so much. Once a team starts winning really consistenly there are plenty who jump on the hatred bandwagon.

BAM
01-17-2005, 02:50 PM
I've hated the Jets, Dolphins, Pats, and COlts ever since I've known what football was. Screw the Pats.

The Natrix
01-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Jealousy = Hatred

yep. Kinda childish.

BAM
01-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Guess that means there are a ****load of people jealous of Drew Bledsoe.

imbondz
01-17-2005, 02:55 PM
I've hated the Jets, Dolphins, Pats, and COlts ever since I've known what football was. Screw the Pats.
Amen!

Philagape
01-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Jealousy = Hatred

I don't think too many people here are jealous of the Fins :snicker: but we still hate them

justasportsfan
01-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Success breeds envy. It was the same thing for the bills in the 90's.

PIZ
01-17-2005, 03:04 PM
I always wonder why people say they don't have stars on their team:

Brady is a perennial Pro Bowler.
Harrison
Dillon
Seymour
Ty Law
Vinatierri
Belechik
Crennel
Weis
Pioli

They have a lot of talented guys.

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2005, 03:21 PM
I always wonder why people say they don't have stars on their team:

Brady is a perennial Pro Bowler.
Harrison
Dillon
Seymour
Ty Law
Vinatierri
Belechik
Crennel
Weis
Pioli

They have a lot of talented guys.

Out of that list(which includes Coaches???) I would only classify Brady and Law as stars. Dillon is probably there too but the rest are just very solid players.

BAM
01-17-2005, 04:51 PM
I would throw Bruschi in there.

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah he is very good but still doesn't get star recognition.

BAM
01-17-2005, 05:10 PM
He does from me. As much as I dislike him. The guy is a playmaker... on offense too even.

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Great thread, Thurm!

Pos rep coming.

I've lived here and seen them build from the ground up. I laughed when they pretty much gave back the picks they received from the Jets when they lost Parcells for Belichick- but he's been worth his weight in gold.

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2005, 06:52 PM
I respect how they win, but I hate them.

I never want them to win again.
:10:

Michael82
01-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Guess that means there are a ****load of people jealous of Drew Bledsoe.
They are jealous because they wish they were making the kind of money that he is. :duh:

OpIv37
01-18-2005, 09:42 AM
How many embarrassing losses have the Pats handed us during this streak? We got the better of them ONCE since the Bledsoe deal. Did you read Belicheck's comments on Buffalo in that Patriot's book (I think NE39 posted some excerpts)? Yes, the Pats are good, but they have gotten their share of lucky breaks during this run. I've always hated the Pats because they're a division rival, and that hatred has been increasing ever since "Just give it to 'em".

And every time I try to watch football, all I hear about is how good the Patriots are, Brady Brady Brady, blah blah blah. Yes, he's won two Super Bowls, but I don't want to hear one more Montana comparison until he breaks ONE record.

F the Pats. If they make it to the SB, I may not even watch it. I can't stand to see them hoisting that trophy above their heads one more time. It's been a year and I still feel nauseus every time I hear "Defending Champion New England Patriots". The Pats can burn in Hell with Hitler and Stalin.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 09:51 AM
And every time I try to watch football, all I hear about is how good the Patriots are, Brady Brady Brady, blah blah blah. Yes, he's won two Super Bowls, but I don't want to hear one more Montana comparison until he breaks ONE record.

They are good. What do you want people to say about them? Brady is the real deal man. We have to live with that. BTW what records does Montana have?

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 09:54 AM
And thanks for the neg too!

Michael82
01-18-2005, 10:00 AM
How many embarrassing losses have the Pats handed us during this streak? We got the better of them ONCE since the Bledsoe deal. Did you read Belicheck's comments on Buffalo in that Patriot's book (I think NE39 posted some excerpts)? Yes, the Pats are good, but they have gotten their share of lucky breaks during this run. I've always hated the Pats because they're a division rival, and that hatred has been increasing ever since "Just give it to 'em".

F the Pats. If they make it to the SB, I may not even watch it. I can't stand to see them hoisting that trophy above their heads one more time. It's been a year and I still feel nauseus every time I hear "Defending Champion New England Patriots". The Pats can burn in Hell with Hitler and Stalin.
:roflmao:

I feel exactly the same way. I would be sooo happy if the Patriots plane crashed and burned on it's way to Pittsburgh this weekend. I HATE THEM! I despise them! **** THE PATS!!! :curse:

OpIv37
01-18-2005, 10:13 AM
And thanks for the neg too!

no prob- I pos'd you about 2 min before I read that post so I had to spread rep to do it.

They are good, but so are a lot of other players on a lot of other teams. I can't stand it when I'm watching a game where the Pats aren't even playing and the announcers start going on and on about how good they are. After a while, the whole "Pats are good" story just gets old. Talk about rookies making an impact, talk about teams like Buffalo and Carolina that came out of nowhere after bad starts, talk about the success of rookie coaches, key injuries, new offensive/defensive techniques, etc. There's plenty of news in the NFL that's a lot more interesting than the "Pats are Good" story over and over again.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 10:18 AM
I do hate them Op. It can be annoying.

Michael82
01-18-2005, 10:20 AM
I do hate them Op. It can be annoying.
If you hate them...you wouldn't be appreciating them and hoping they win another ****ing Super Bowl. They don't need anymore rings. :ill: :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 10:37 AM
I can hate them but still appreciate how good they are. It would be ignorant not too. I am not saying you need to root for them or anything, just give them their due. I really hate both teams this sunday. I want the patriots to win only because I have many friends from college who are stiller fans and I will never hear the end of it if they win.

jamze132
01-18-2005, 11:48 AM
NO Bills fan likes the Patsys! No Bills fan wants them to win the superbowl AGAIN!!!! But hoping they die in a plane crash is messed up. As much as I dread watching the playoffs, I don't hope they all die and meet Stalin and Hitler. The Patsys where put together very well and yes, they have had there share of luck over the past 3 years. But they are still the best team in the NFL and you have to respect their game. They knew what they were doing when they traded us Drew for a 1st round pick! They are smart, they don't make stupid mistakes. Maybe the Bills should try to copy them as an organation. Their methods seem to work. Lets hope JP doesn't get nervous before the Patsys games next year.

imbondz
01-18-2005, 12:20 PM

:rofl:

Ickybaluky
01-18-2005, 01:28 PM
BTW what records does Montana have?

He started the most conference championship games (7, 6 in the NFC, 1 in the AFC), and tied for the most winning Super Bowls (4).

He was a 3-time Super Bowl MVP.

He made 8 Pro Bowls.

He won over 70% of his career games.

In the playoffs, he was 460-for-734 (62.7%), 5772 Yds (7.9 Yds/Att), 45 TD, 21 Int, 95.3 QB Rating.

He authored the greatest postseason run ever by a QB when the 49ers won the Super Bowl in 1989. He was 65-for-83 (78.3%), 800 Yds (9.6 Yds/Att), 11 TD, 0 Int, 146.4 QB Rating in the playoffs that year.

Marvelous
01-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Put me down for the hate NE club. The arrogant fans are the worst. I don't wish
plane crashes on them but wouldn't be upset if anything bad happens :star:

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 01:46 PM
He started the most conference championship games (7, 6 in the NFC, 1 in the AFC), and tied for the most winning Super Bowls (4).

He was a 3-time Super Bowl MVP.

He made 8 Pro Bowls.

He won over 70% of his career games.

In the playoffs, he was 460-for-734 (62.7%), 5772 Yds (7.9 Yds/Att), 45 TD, 21 Int, 95.3 QB Rating.

He authored the greatest postseason run ever by a QB when the 49ers won the Super Bowl in 1989. He was 65-for-83 (78.3%), 800 Yds (9.6 Yds/Att), 11 TD, 0 Int, 146.4 QB Rating in the playoffs that year.
Looks like Brady is well on his way.