PDA

View Full Version : If we were in any other division....

The King
01-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Well I figured I would give it a few hours to set in before I posted this because I am sure this is going to bring on debate. So FYI I am going to post this then walk away.

Manning Vs Bellicheck 0-7
Bledsoe Vs Bellicheck 1-5

The best QB in football cant beat Bellicheck 0-2 this season and winless in his career... who the hell are we to think Drew Bledsoe should be able too?

Not only is Drew Bledsoe not Peyton Manning but Bellicheck used to coach him so he knows even more about him than Manning. Bledsoe played very well against NE in week 4 with a new system, I think Drew is our best chance to beat NE next year, but we need to create a balance which we didnt do when played NE the second time and Indy didnt do it last night.

I am a firm Billiever that the system really started to take shape for this team late into last season and I really feel we are moving foward. I think we can grab 10 wins and a playoff spot next year no question. But we do have to face the best team in football twice. A team that gameplans heavily and would swallow Losman whole.

It isnt about the DLC and it isnt about the amigos. Our best chance to win in this division IS NOT with an inexperienced QB. If we were in any other division I would wear me an amigos hat, but not in the AFC East and not next season.

FTG
01-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Our best chance to win in this division IS NOT with an inexperienced QB. .

Well if it's true TD is telling Drew to take a paycut or get cut I can only assume he disagrees with you

buffalofan19
01-17-2005, 03:08 PM
That's an interesting scenario... but I don't know what to think anymore. I may be eating the words in my signature... I have no idea. If Bledsoe takes the cut (which I don't see why he would not), then I think he starts because he shines in practice, always has. It's games that have been the problem with him. I don't think the Bills beat NE regardless of who is at QB. Yesterday showed me that they are just two damn good and leagues above everyone else except maybe Pittsburgh when in games that really matter.

Oh and BTW... prepare to be negged, and not by me either.

BillsFever21
01-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Neither of them can beat Belichek but that doesn't mean you can compare Bledsoe to Manning. Damn, why are all these DLC's keep comparing Manning to a long time loser like Bledsoe?

Manning can't beat Belichek but at least he can beat just about everyone else. Bledsoe couldn't beat a bunch of backups Week 17.

All the DLC's cried all year that you just can't blame the QB for a loss and that it's a team game. Now that Manning loses to the Pats all of a sudden "He can't beat Belichek" and try to compare the two QB's?

Face it, Bledsoe sucks. Quit trying to spin things around to make yourself feel better.

One minute QB's don't lose game by themselves and the next minute Peyton Manning has lost 7 games by himself against Belichek.

I guess whatever makes the DLC's argument sound better....

BillsFever21
01-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Let me also add...

QB's don't lose games by themselves but they can sure affect the outcome.

When a QB foolishly turns the ball over and doesn't see wide open WR's he is hurting the team.

Bledsoe hasn't lost every single game by himself but he sure the hell doesn't do very much to help us win either.

BSXIII
01-17-2005, 03:13 PM
I agree. Bledsoe has had some bad games the past few years, but the choker thing really gets blown out of proportion. He is one of 4 QB's to beat the Pats over the past 2 years, and is 2-0 in AFC championship games. Sure he didn't look good against the top teams, but neither did a lot of other supposedly elite QBs. To beat a great defense all 11 players need to play solid on every play. If not, the defense will win. It is clear watching the playoffs that QB's do not single handidly win games. If guys get open and they have time they hit them, if the defense can get to QB before anyone is open they are screwed.

Also, yeserday's game is a clear example that games are won in the trenches. The Pats defensive backs consisted of Troy Brown, Randell Gay, and Earthwind whatever his name is. And they shut down statistically the greatest passing offense ever. Meanwhile, on the other side Brady had all day to throw the ball once again and picked apart the Colts secondary.

FTG
01-17-2005, 03:14 PM
All the DLC's cried all year that you just can't blame the QB for a loss and that it's a team game. Now that Manning loses to the Pats all of a sudden "He can't beat Belichek" and try to compare the two QB's?

:up: They like to have it both ways. It's the only way to defend their god.

BillsFever21
01-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Also Manning didn't go 8-19 for 76 yards and give up 3 TO's like Bledsoe did earlier this year to the Pats.

When you go 8-19, 76 yards and 3 TO's you are seriously hurting the chances for your team to win the game.

FTG
01-17-2005, 03:18 PM
For all the *****ing about Bledsoe threads and :deadhorse: posts by the DLC I hope you all take notice this thread was started by a bledsoe supporter

BSXIII
01-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Neither of them can beat Belichek but that doesn't mean you can compare Bledsoe to Manning. Damn, why are all these DLC's keep comparing Manning to a long time loser like Bledsoe?

Manning can't beat Belichek but at least he can beat just about everyone else. Bledsoe couldn't beat a bunch of backups Week 17.

Face it, Bledsoe sucks. Quit trying to spin things around to make yourself feel better.

One minute QB's don't lose game by themselves and the next minute Peyton Manning has lost 7 games by himself against Belichek.

I guess whatever makes the DLC's argument sound better....

Well according to most of the haters Bledsoe is a guy who always pads his stats but can't beat the top teams. He is one of the all time passing leaders, so it is a valid coparison.

For the part about Bledsoe losing to a bunch of backups, the Pats were without their two starting CB's and Richard Seymore, their best defensive lineman. Yet the Colts couldn't even get a TD against the likes of Gay, Earthwind, and Troy Brown in the secondary. They are the backups backups.

And nobody is saying Manning lost the game by himself. But for a team spending 70% of the cap money on offense and nearly a quarter to him, is 3 points good enough to win a game?

BSXIII
01-17-2005, 03:25 PM
When you go 8-19, 76 yards and 3 TO's you are seriously hurting the chances for your team to win the game.

Agreed, but when you only score 3 points on an offense first team, you give your team no chance to win.

BillsFever21
01-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Agreed, but when you only score 3 points on an offense first team, you give your team no chance to win.It's not Manning's fault. It's a team game. There were 10 other players on the field.

BSXIII
01-17-2005, 03:42 PM
It's not Manning's fault. It's a team game. There were 10 other players on the field.

Agreed, just like it's not all Bledsoe's fault when the Bills offense isn't productive. How a QB plays against the good teams compared to the lesser teams is a reflection of how the pass protection holds up in each sceneraio. Yesterday we saw the Pats o-line held up like they always do and Brady played his usual game. Mannings protection was nothing like it usually is and he had a pathetic day.

Good QB's make the most of what is given to them. But they don't singlehandedly win games or make something out of nothing.

BillsFever21
01-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Agreed, just like it's not all Bledsoe's fault when the Bills offense isn't productive. How a QB plays against the good teams compared to the lesser teams is a reflection of how the pass protection holds up in each sceneraio. Yesterday we saw the Pats o-line held up like they always do and Brady played his usual game. Mannings protection was nothing like it usually is and he had a pathetic day.

Good QB's make the most of what is given to them. But they don't singlehandedly win games or make something out of nothing.
The difference is that Manning has great games throughout the season. How many good games did Bledsoe have?

I guess Fiedler and Feely are good QB's too. They just had a crappy team.

There's a difference between 3 bad games and 13 good ones instead of 13 bad games and 3 good games.

BillsFever21
01-17-2005, 03:45 PM

So what you're saying now is that the Bills just suck and that's the reason why Bledsoe always sucks?

Time to go out and replace them bums like Moulds, Evans and McGahee.

The_Philster
01-17-2005, 03:57 PM
It's not Manning's fault. It's a team game. There were 10 other players on the field.

agreed. The whole team stunk up the place against the Pats. With them playing the way they did, the Pats could've doubled the points on them with good weather. The Pats played hard through that weather. The Colts curled up into a ball and gave them the game..as a team.

helmetguy
01-17-2005, 04:03 PM
No, Phil. You have it backwards. The QB has to come up even bigger in the big games. He's the leader. It's all on him. Drops? Don't throw the ball so hard. Sacks? Held the ball too long. Pass defensed? Locked onto his receiver. Defense on the field too long? QB didn't keeps drives alive. Lose to NE? In the Playoffs? QB played small in a big game.

OOOOPS! Forget all of the above. That only holds true in Buffalo. Sorry! I'm so ashamed!

The_Philster
01-17-2005, 04:05 PM
OOOOPS! Forget all of the above. That only holds true in Buffalo. Sorry! I'm so ashamed!You should be :cynic:

BSXIII
01-17-2005, 04:07 PM
So what you're saying now is that the Bills just suck and that's the reason why Bledsoe always sucks?

Time to go out and replace them bums like Moulds, Evans and McGahee.

No I'm not saying they suck. It's not all black and white. Every player does not either suck or rule. There are gray areas. The Bills just don't have the o-line to beat the top teams. Big difference. The WR's need time to get open, just like the QB needs time to throw the ball. If a top defense can rush 4 or 5 and consistently get to the QB, the offense doesn't have a chance. As was displayed yesterday.

DaBills
01-17-2005, 05:38 PM
It isnt about the DLC and it isnt about the amigos. Our best chance to win in this division IS NOT with an inexperienced QB. If we were in any other division I would wear me an amigos hat, but not in the AFC East and not next season.

I don't know that we can go anywhere else theoretically.

What division gives a better shot at divisional success? Remember, when we went to a four team realignment, divisional wins became even more critical. Looking at the NFL, there's only one division I see where we have a reasonable shot, (based on our performance this year), to be better than the 3-3 we went: NFC West.

In the AFC east, we split with the Jets, arguably a 50-50 matchup we can usually count on splitting. NE just has our number. As for the others, every division has at LEAST one team we aren't beating, and most have a second team we lose to. At 1.5 - 2 teams better than us in terms of total wins, we're under .500 at best.

And it's not all about the Bledsoe factor either in our division. It's about being able to shut down Corey Dillon and Curtis Martin too.

I think Drew is our best chance to beat NE next year, but we need to create a balance which we didnt do when played NE the second time and Indy didnt do it last night.

I am a firm Billiever that the system really started to take shape for this team late into last season and I really feel we are moving foward. I think we can grab 10 wins and a playoff spot next year no question. But we do have to face the best team in football twice. A team that gameplans heavily and would swallow Losman whole.

The system took shape with a weak schedule to help it, but its weaknesses were exposed against good and great teams. And certainly against Pitt's scrubs. The test for any team and QB is playing against the league's best. If we can't even beat Pitt at home when the team should have been beyond pumped, who DO we deserve to play?

Besides, I don't want a QB who has to move to an easier division just so we only play .500 or worse teams.

:crazy:

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Well I figured I would give it a few hours to set in before I posted this because I am sure this is going to bring on debate. So FYI I am going to post this then walk away.

Manning Vs Bellicheck 0-7
Bledsoe Vs Bellicheck 1-5

The best QB in football cant beat Bellicheck 0-2 this season and winless in his career... who the hell are we to think Drew Bledsoe should be able too?

The perfect example - QBs don't beat the Patriots, Teams do.

Big Ben, Feeley, Bledsoe, and Ramsey are the only QBs who have been able to defeat them the past 44 games (including preseason).

None of them stand out as great QBs.

You want to beat the Pats? Create turnovers. Brady had what, a dozen interceptions in those 4 losses?

finsrclowns
01-17-2005, 06:07 PM
The perfect example - QBs don't beat the Patriots, Teams do.

I'm confused- I thought all we had to do was dump our albatross QB and the Lombardi was as good as ours. :shocked: