PDA

View Full Version : Fish fans propsed trade for Henry!!!

Kolbiss
01-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I was just checking a fish fan forum, and some moron thinks we would take Lamar Gordon and a 4th rounder for Henry!!! Someone needs to tell this guy that trades dont work the same way in Madden as they do in real life :winkpunch

Mudflap1
01-17-2005, 04:17 PM
What did they give up for Ricky Williams? Just curious. Not saying TH is RW, but RW didn't have his best seasons until he went to Miami. Would be some sort of barometer to gauge against at least.

They're gonna have to beat the reported 2nd rounder from AZ at least.

Jon

FTG
01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Guys here do the same thing. How many times have we read trade Drew or Reed or Henry for a #1. Some fans always think thier teams **** is worth something

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Guys here do the same thing. How many times have we read trade Drew or Reed or Henry for a #1. Some fans always think thier teams **** is worth something
Si. :mex:

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2005, 04:25 PM

I have seen quite a bit of that lately.

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 04:36 PM
I'd seriously consider that trade.

They gave up a 3rd rounder for Gordon to the Rams. He's not that bad - not that expensive vs the cap, and the 4th round pick is just 3-4 spots away from the 3rd round....what everyone thinks Henry is going to fetch.

He's a bigger guy than Henry and could be that battering ram change-up back similar to Lamont Jordan on the Jets. Plus hewill have a better understanding of the back-up role- he was behind Faulk in St Louis.

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 04:39 PM

They gave up a 3rd rounder for Gordon to the Rams. He's not that bad - not that expensive vs the cap, and the 4th round pick is just 3-4 spots away from the 3rd round....what everyone thinks Henry is going to fetch.

He's a bigger guy than Henry and could be that battering ram change-up back similar to Lamont Jordan on the Jets. Plus hewill have a better understanding of the back-up role- he was behind Faulk in St Louis.

Let's see what the Cardinals would offer.

I'd love to have Marcel Shipp and their 4th- or even a 5th (Shipp is that good when healthy)

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2005, 04:43 PM
I would rather get a 2nd if possible, but if the market for Henry dries up a 4th and Gordon really isn't horrible. We will need to get a backup for Willis. shaud Williams isn't going to cut it. I really don't want to trade Henry to the Phins though.

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2005, 04:44 PM

I'd love to have Marcel Shipp and their 4th- or even a 5th (Shipp is that good when healthy)

Again I would rather have just the second rounder, but maybe that is all just speculation.

justasportsfan
01-17-2005, 04:46 PM

I would too but for a 3rd.

Mudflap1
01-17-2005, 04:48 PM
I'd rather have the 2nd too.

Jon

mypoorfriendme
01-17-2005, 06:00 PM
I second the 2nd

...god im cool

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I think Gordon and a pick in the 80-100 range (late 3rd early 4th) is fair.

They don't have a 2nd or 3rd to give you for Henry (traded those away for Feely and Gordon)

I Think they did get Chicago's 3rd in the Booker trade for Oguneyle (not sure).

But in any case, I'd rather get this year's low 4th instead of a 2006 3rd round pick from Miami.

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Of course I's grab a #2 if someone was foolish enough to part with one, but in the RB market currently no one will pay it for him.

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Would you want to give Henry to the Phins though? I say NO WAY.

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Would you want to give Henry to the Phins though? I say NO WAY.
I would trade with anyone if the deal improved the Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't want Henry coming back to haunt us twice a year. If Miami's deal is by far the best though I will be ok with it though.

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 06:23 PM
The Fins are a deeply messed up organization.

Not a lot of draft picks, not a lot of cap space. By the time they get any good (3-4 years from now) Henry will be pretty used up.

Dr. Lecter
01-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Henry looked pretty used up at the start of the season. He was hitting the holes really slow. Some RB's have a real short shelf life.

YardRat
01-17-2005, 07:30 PM
I'd seriously consider that trade.They gave up a 3rd rounder for Gordon to the Rams. He's not that bad - not that expensive vs the cap, and the 4th round pick is just 3-4 spots away from the 3rd round....what everyone thinks Henry is going to fetch. He's a bigger guy than Henry and could be that battering ram change-up back similar to Lamont Jordan on the Jets. Plus hewill have a better understanding of the back-up role- he was behind Faulk in St Louis.
Let's see what the Cardinals would offer.I'd love to have Marcel Shipp and their 4th- or even a 5th (Shipp is that good when healthy)
I'm with Dozer on this one...I'd take either one of those deals.

Drive 4 Five
01-17-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't want Henry coming back to haunt us twice a year. If Miami's deal is by far the best though I will be ok with it though.

The way that Antowain Smith used to hammer us after he went to the Patriots? Man that was brutal. Smith would play like a man possessed. I am really not looking forward to that crap again and you know Henry will do the same.

justasportsfan
01-17-2005, 10:01 PM
The way that Antowain Smith used to hammer us after he went to the Patriots? Man that was brutal. Smith would play like a man possessed. I am really not looking forward to that crap again and you know Henry will do the same.
I'd rather face him than Alexander or James . Henry's been injured quite a bit and has no break away speed.

clumping platelets
01-17-2005, 10:15 PM

Hmmmm......

clumping platelets
01-17-2005, 10:17 PM
What did they give up for Ricky Williams? Just curious. Not saying TH is RW, but RW didn't have his best seasons until he went to Miami. Would be some sort of barometer to gauge against at least.

They're gonna have to beat the reported 2nd rounder from AZ at least.

Jon

Miami gave up a #1 in 2002, swapped 4th rd picks in 2002 (NO moved up in the 4th), and a cond 2003 that could be a #1 if RW ran for more than 1,500 yds. He ran for over 1,800.

Kolbiss
01-18-2005, 12:19 AM
samyy morris looked 10 times as good as gordon.......crappy trade, no way I take it. I take any teams 2nd rounder over that.

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Miami has no OL to open running lanes for Henry. I wouldn't worry about him haunting us as long as our :sumo::sumo: Pat and Sam are around.

Gordon and a 4th sounds a bit low for Henry. Throw in another 6th rounder and I'd deal. Gordon is capable backup for Willis.

Samphin1
01-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Well, first off, I would be surprised if we did trade for a starting running back. The market for them in FA and the draft is so deep. Personally, I would rather sign Lamont Jordan and pair him up with Lamar Gordon with Sammy Morris as the third option. Did you guys know that Sammy average four yards per carry last year? I was surprised as well. It is too bad that certain coaches practically demanded that Minor be fed the ball as well. Anyhow, I think if the phins pick up a cheaper option in Jordan ( cheaper than say Edge and Alexander, who both have expressed interest in Miami ) and used the extra money saved on a RB to beef up the o-line, I would be happy.

Getting someone like Tra Thomas, Walter Jones, Mike Wahle, or even Jonas Jennings, to a lesser extent, would go a long way towards helping our line. Seeing how D'Brickshaw Ferguson is staying in school, we are almost certain to improve the o-line through FA. Plus, the rumors are that Hudson Houck, considered by many to be the best o-line coach in the game, ( I know your guy has a say in that as well, don;t flame ) will be coming to Miami from San Diego next year. That will be an improvement over Tony Wise anyday.

So, new coach, most likely new LT and C and a starting caliber running back should set this offense straight. Our receiving corps is deep and Feeley improved greatly once Wannstedt left. With Scott Linehan's new offense needing a QB who can throw the longball, I think Feeley should improve even more.

Thank you.

djjimkelly
01-22-2005, 11:02 AM
i think one thing people dont consider when looking at trading henry is what is he gonna be willing to sign for elsewhere. consider this he extended with us for next to nothing. now im not saying this happens again however a team like the cards for example might decide were not drafting a RB and paying him large for being unproven. and henry might make a deal with them for roughly 4 mil a year which in todays nfl would be a deal for a legit starting RB. thus giving us a #2

Captain gameboy
01-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Did you guys know that Sammy average four yards per carry last year? I was surprised as well. It is too bad that certain coaches practically demanded that Minor be fed the ball as well.

I really hope that the new administration in Miami makes a big deal out of this stat, and the fact that his per carry average was better than Ricky's the year before.

I hope Miami puts it's hopes and a bit of cap on Morris.
I doubt they're that stupid though.

finsrclowns
01-22-2005, 11:53 AM
First off I discount all the reports coming out of the Henry camp on what teams are interested in him. I'm interested in a Porsche, if someone wants to sell me one for $100 a month. By the time we know who's really interested and for what, a deal will have already been made. Not that I'm opposed to idle speculation- after all it beats another QB thread.

My take? Dozer is right about the fairness of a Gordon plus a 4th for Henry. But....I'd be much more inclined to make a deal out of the division if a value proposal can be found. Let Henry take out his frustrations on someone else. But I think what people are missing on the fins side is how attractive Henry is from a financial standpoint; not only is he signed for next year at short money, he may, as he did here, be receptive to a low ball offer to extend. The fins would be hard pressed to afford an Alexander or Edge. Even a Benson draft selection would be an expensive proposition for a team with a number of holes. So I'm not surprised if the fins interest in Henry is genuine. I'd just rather see Henry somewhere else.

Samphin1
01-22-2005, 03:02 PM
First off I discount all the reports coming out of the Henry camp on what teams are interested in him. I'm interested in a Porsche, if someone wants to sell me one for $100 a month. By the time we know who's really interested and for what, a deal will have already been made. Not that I'm opposed to idle speculation- after all it beats another QB thread.

My take? Dozer is right about the fairness of a Gordon plus a 4th for Henry. But....I'd be much more inclined to make a deal out of the division if a value proposal can be found. Let Henry take out his frustrations on someone else. But I think what people are missing on the fins side is how attractive Henry is from a financial standpoint; not only is he signed for next year at short money, he may, as he did here, be receptive to a low ball offer to extend. The fins would be hard pressed to afford an Alexander or Edge. Even a Benson draft selection would be an expensive proposition for a team with a number of holes. So I'm not surprised if the fins interest in Henry is genuine. I'd just rather see Henry somewhere else.

Do you guys think that Buffalo would outright cut him if no trade is to be found? Henry clearly doesn't want to stay in Buffalo and an unhappy backup probably doesn't fit into management's plans. So, assuming no one coughs up anything for him, don't you think Buffalo would end up releasing him?

Crisis
01-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Do you guys think that Buffalo would outright cut him if no trade is to be found? Henry clearly doesn't want to stay in Buffalo and an unhappy backup probably doesn't fit into management's plans. So, assuming no one coughs up anything for him, don't you think Buffalo would end up releasing him?

No way in hell.

We'd eat his salary and play him as a back-up before we did that.

SABURZFAN
01-22-2005, 03:10 PM
I was just checking a fish fan forum, and some moron thinks we would take Lamar Gordon and a 4th rounder for Henry!!

that would only happen IF henry had a high cap figure.

SABURZFAN
01-22-2005, 03:16 PM
shaud Williams isn't going to cut it.

this guy may stick around for a while though.this kid plays with excitement.he's not gonna get 1000 yards seasons but there are other areas to this football team that he can help contribute.

SABURZFAN
01-22-2005, 03:21 PM
The Fins are a deeply messed up organization.

Not a lot of draft picks, not a lot of cap space. By the time they get any good (3-4 years from now) Henry will be pretty used up.

:lolpoint: FISH fans

lordofgun
01-22-2005, 04:09 PM
If we can't get a 2nd rounder for Henry, I say we keep him.

finsrclowns
01-22-2005, 05:53 PM

1300 yard backs ain't growing on trees. How'd you fish make out last year without your lead back? It truly makes me LOL to read the comments on FH which make it sound like getting a feature back is as easy as pie. Unless you use your 1st rounder, you're either talking a 3rd, which will hardly be a sure thing, or a FA, which will be pricey. Henry is neither an unknown nor is he pricey. You don't release guys like that so forgetaboutit. There WILL be a market for Henry's services and don't be surprised to see TD get his 2nd rounder- he's a tough negotiator.

Samphin1
01-23-2005, 07:19 PM
1300 yard backs ain't growing on trees. How'd you fish make out last year without your lead back? It truly makes me LOL to read the comments on FH which make it sound like getting a feature back is as easy as pie. Unless you use your 1st rounder, you're either talking a 3rd, which will hardly be a sure thing, or a FA, which will be pricey. Henry is neither an unknown nor is he pricey. You don't release guys like that so forgetaboutit. There WILL be a market for Henry's services and don't be surprised to see TD get his 2nd rounder- he's a tough negotiator.

I don't doubt that Henry will garner interest and get you guys at least a third rounder ( although I pray Miami doesn't go anywhere near that ). It is funny that you say it isn't easy to get a feature back when in this offseason, it will be. Lamont Jordan ( my personal fav. ) , Edge, Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson and others are all free agents. Granted some may get tagged, but the market is there and chalk full of quality backs. Also, in the draft, Benson, Brown, Arrington, Williams, and about 10 others are coming out that are really talente dbacks. A few could drop to the third, although, I doubt we wait that long to address arguably the biggest hole on our team. I was merely asking a question because if Henry, for some reason does not get traded, he could start causing waves in the lockerroom and in the press and he may become too much of a headache for a team in which he is a backup.

Like I said, I am sure a team like the Raiders or Arizona will probably cough up a pick to your liking, I just hope Miami doesn't offer anything better than a seventh rounder. Too many other options that are available to us other than trading within the division. I think you guys would agree with that as well.

Samphin1
01-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Besides, Henry wasn't a 1300 yard rusher last year. He wasn't even a 400 yard rusher. I know what you mean, but still his leatest year's production will help drive his price down. Last year, you all were assuming he would net a first rounder. Now, most are settling for a third.

Dozerdog
01-23-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't doubt that Henry will garner interest and get you guys at least a third rounder ( although I pray Miami doesn't go anywhere near that ). It is funny that you say it isn't easy to get a feature back when in this offseason, it will be. Lamont Jordan ( my personal fav. ) , Edge, Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson and others are all free agents. Granted some may get tagged, but the market is there and chalk full of quality backs. Also, in the draft, Benson, Brown, Arrington, Williams, and about 10 others are coming out that are really talente dbacks. A few could drop to the third, although, I doubt we wait that long to address arguably the biggest hole on our team. I was merely asking a question because if Henry, for some reason does not get traded, he could start causing waves in the lockerroom and in the press and he may become too much of a headache for a team in which he is a backup.

Like I said, I am sure a team like the Raiders or Arizona will probably cough up a pick to your liking, I just hope Miami doesn't offer anything better than a seventh rounder. Too many other options that are available to us other than trading within the division. I think you guys would agree with that as well.

There are a lot of good backs outr there, but most will command $3-$5 Million in cap space.

Henry offers you a proven 1,000 yard back on a cheap contract. The contract is what makes him desireable.

Samphin1
01-24-2005, 01:23 PM
There are a lot of good backs outr there, but most will command $3-$5 Million in cap space.

Henry offers you a proven 1,000 yard back on a cheap contract. The contract is what makes him desireable.

Agreed but giving up another draft pick and within the division outwieghs the ocntract in my opinion. If we are going to use a draft pick on a running back, we might as well get one with less mileage on him right? Plus, I think if a trade is worked out, Henry will want a condition to be for him to get a new deal. Honestly, I like the idea of taking Lamont Jordan away from the Jets. Plug him back there with Lamar Gordon and I think that is a nice little combo. Edge or Shaun Alexander would be nice, but I think Jordan could do very well and for probably cheaper than either of those two.