• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

ESPN and EA team up for all NFL games

EA finally sealed the deal and bought out the ESPN NFL games... so this basically means next year unless you buy Madden, you'll be buying a game w/o real players. But now EA can use ESPN personalities... I can't wait to hear Stuart Scott on this game... not.
  • Bill Brasky
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by buffalofan19
    I think that since EA bought out those rights, they should incorporate the ESPN broadcast AND presentation into it. I really like that in the ESPN games. It is alot more realistic.
    I liked the halftime presentation where they did recaps and highlights. Madden's nasty 2-bit cheerleaders are lame. I also like ESPN's graphics... but Madden's game play is far superior and it is very well produced.

Comment

• buffalofan19
      God's gift to the Zone
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by jfreeman
      I liked the halftime presentation where they did recaps and highlights. Madden's nasty 2-bit cheerleaders are lame. I also like ESPN's graphics... but Madden's game play is far superior and it is very well produced.
      I agree. I hate ESPN's game play in football. Hockey is a different story, but why not combine the best of both worlds?
      Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
      Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
      Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
      Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
      Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
      Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
      Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
      Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
      Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
      Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by buffalofan19
        I agree. I hate ESPN's game play in football. Hockey is a different story, but why not combine the best of both worlds?
        Same as me cuz I hated the EA hockey game so I bought 2K5. Much better.. but as far as football goes Madden can't be beat. They may not have some of the better features, but i'll take gameplay over those things everytime.

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
          Same as me cuz I hated the EA hockey game so I bought 2K5. Much better.. but as far as football goes Madden can't be beat. They may not have some of the better features, but i'll take gameplay over those things everytime.
          Couldn't agree more. Madden by far. And NHL 2K5 by a long shot too.
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• dogg
            • Oct 2004

Not sure how true this is, but i heard its gonna be called something else also. Not Madden anymore. Something about eA paying Madden to take his name off or buying him out??

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Tiburon is still going to make the game so I am sure the engine wont change. I think the whole deal is BS. I liked ESPN way better the only thing I liked better about madden was the 'hit stick' and the Off Season. Its really a shame this happened but I think if Sega Sports comes out with a legends kind of game I will pick that up. Its not that I dont like Madden but I disagree with the the 'buy out the competition method'.

What is to push Ea to make a better game now?
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DaBills
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by dogg
                Not sure how true this is, but i heard its gonna be called something else also. Not Madden anymore. Something about eA paying Madden to take his name off or buying him out??
                I'd be surprised if that happened. The Madden name is a strong selling point. Hard to believe he might give up his name. I could see something like "EA Sports presents John Madden's Longest Titled NFL game."

There's always NFL Street.

;-p
                “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

nfl street is not worth the 19$ they charge now.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DaBills
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    nfl street is not worth the 19$ they charge now.
                    Maybe. But you get to throw guys into brick walls.

I like that.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBills
                      Maybe. But you get to throw guys into brick walls.

I like that.

What does your sig say? I don't roll on smabbas? What's a smabbas?
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DaBills
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                        What does your sig say? I don't roll on smabbas? What's a smabbas?
                        Shabbos. The Sabbath man, the Sabbath. Rent The Big Lebowski, and the Dude will explain all.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I like Madden Better anyways. I don't care about halftime shows.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

There is no more Madden. Dogg was right in what he said, but EA has decided to drop the Madden name and to be honest it didnt make much sense at the time but it does now bc they get to use the ESPN license. It also makes alot of sense bc at th NFL Draft on ESPN the commercials and such are all for Madden not ESPN, so you could always see the affinity there. Personally im happy bc I loved the halftime thing they did on ESPN but the Madden gameplay and franchise mode was way better.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X