• Jul 2002

Belichick or Brady???

Belichick before Tom Brady, 52-58

Belichick after Tom Brady, 45-14

Is Brady really Joe Montana Jr.?
    Resign our own guys!
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

He might just be Patrick. The guy is the real deal if you ask me.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
      Is Brady really Joe Montana Jr.?
      No, but he could be Mrs. Joe Montana.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Well, Belicheck's QB before Brady was... Drew Bledsoe. Which means Brady is either a much better QB or fits into Belicheck's system better (or both).

But I don't want to hear one more Joe Montana comparison until Brady breaks ONE record. He wins, that's great and it helps his team, but a lot of crappy QB's have won Superbowls. You have to do more than just win to be in the same league as the Marinos and Montanas.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Brady is the best at what he does. However what he does is nothing like what the elite QB's do. Brady cannot win games on his own which the Marinos and Montanas could do. Even Drew could early on in his career. Brady is the best QB in the league at managing an offense.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BSXIII
            Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
            • Apr 2004

Belicheck by far. Don't get me wrong, Brady has played well, but hasn't really done anything spectacular. He's given a lot of time to throw and it seems like half the time he has a receiver wide open. He deserves credit for finding them and hitting them, but most of the credit should go to the Pats coaches and scouts, which starts with Belicheck. Sunday's coahing performance may be the best ever. The Pats held the unstoppable Colts offense to 3 points with Gay, Earthwind, and Troy Brown in the secondary. Two walkons and an over the hill possession receiver. They were also missing Richard Seymour, their best D-lineman.

This isn't the first time he's done this either. They destroyed the Colts in the playoffs last year, and nearly shutdown the Greatest Show on Turf in the Super Bowl 3 years back. The offense scored only 1 touchdown in that Super Bowl win, but that was all they needed against the feard Rams offense.
            I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Brady is sitting on the bench somewhere without Bill Belichek, and that coaching staff.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

What records does Montana have other than winning?

Comment

• tbone2005orbust
                  • Jan 2005

Bill Belichick is the best coach in the league by far. I don't think anybody will doubt that but his comments early in the week showed that he believes in his system rather than his players. I mean look they figured last year that they didn't need Milloy, a Pro-Bowler, and ditched him, yet they still ended up winning the Super Bowl. Ealy this week, a reporter asked him what he thought about his "depleted" secondary going against the vaunted Indy offense and his reply, "Well. Let's think about this for a second. We have been missing Poole for 9 weeks now and Law for 8 and we still ended up 14-2. I really don't know how we do this every week."

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Well, Belicheck's QB before Brady was... Drew Bledsoe. Which means Brady is either a much better QB or fits into Belicheck's system better (or both).

But I don't want to hear one more Joe Montana comparison until Brady breaks ONE record. He wins, that's great and it helps his team, but a lot of crappy QB's have won Superbowls. You have to do more than just win to be in the same league as the Marinos and Montanas.
                    Funny, but we always seem to use the exact opposite argument with the Dolphin fans about Marino's legacy. The bottom line in football is winning championships, not individual records. Brady is a big time winner, never lost in the playoffs, 2 SB's, 2 SB MVP's. That is more than enough for me to call him one of the best. If he wins a third, hmmmmm.

Many Bills fans need to stop hating this guy and the Pats organization. They play as a team, they play tough, hard nosed football, and they do it with class.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

I don't think either one is as good without the other. I think both would still be great on their own, but together they are much better.

Belichick is the consumate prepared coach who always prepares his team to do the right thing in the right situation.

Brady is the consumate prepared QB who always knows what needs to be accomplished for situations that come up in the game.

Match made in heaven. I think both guys would be winners without each other, but they win a lot more together.

I'm sorry, the argument that Brady wouldn't put up big numbers in another system is hogwash. The guy would be great anywhere. His ability to maintain poise in pressure situations and deliver the ball accurately to the right guy quickly is what makes him great, and that translates anywhere.

You don't think he would put up huge numbers in the St. Louis scheme, like Trent Green, Kurt Warner or Marc Bulger? If so, then you are allowing your hatred of him and the Patriots to cloud your judgement.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                        Funny, but we always seem to use the exact opposite argument with the Dolphin fans about Marino's legacy. The bottom line in football is winning championships, not individual records. Brady is a big time winner, never lost in the playoffs, 2 SB's, 2 SB MVP's. That is more than enough for me to call him one of the best. If he wins a third, hmmmmm.

Many Bills fans need to stop hating this guy and the Pats organization. They play as a team, they play tough, hard nosed football, and they do it with class.
                        I think that we should be allowed to HATE whoever the hell we want to. I can't stand Belichek, Brady, or the New England Patriots. I want them to get creamed on Sunday badly.

Comment

• imbondz
                          Democrats are people too
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          What records does Montana have other than winning?
                          he's won more SB's than any other QB. or is that what you meant?
                          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

They were asking on WGR last week which you'd take if you had the choice...I think it was Howard Simon asking...most people I heard said they'd take Belichek
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              I think that we should be allowed to HATE whoever the hell we want to. I can't stand Belichek, Brady, or the New England Patriots. I want them to get creamed on Sunday badly.
                              You can hate whoever you want, hate away!

Comment

Working...
                              X