PDA

View Full Version : Belichick or Brady???

Patrick76777
01-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Belichick before Tom Brady, 52-58

Belichick after Tom Brady, 45-14

Is Brady really Joe Montana Jr.?

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 08:31 AM
He might just be Patrick. The guy is the real deal if you ask me.

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2005, 09:08 AM
No, but he could be Mrs. Joe Montana.

OpIv37
01-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Well, Belicheck's QB before Brady was... Drew Bledsoe. Which means Brady is either a much better QB or fits into Belicheck's system better (or both).

But I don't want to hear one more Joe Montana comparison until Brady breaks ONE record. He wins, that's great and it helps his team, but a lot of crappy QB's have won Superbowls. You have to do more than just win to be in the same league as the Marinos and Montanas.

The King
01-18-2005, 09:25 AM
Brady is the best at what he does. However what he does is nothing like what the elite QB's do. Brady cannot win games on his own which the Marinos and Montanas could do. Even Drew could early on in his career. Brady is the best QB in the league at managing an offense.

BSXIII
01-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Belicheck by far. Don't get me wrong, Brady has played well, but hasn't really done anything spectacular. He's given a lot of time to throw and it seems like half the time he has a receiver wide open. He deserves credit for finding them and hitting them, but most of the credit should go to the Pats coaches and scouts, which starts with Belicheck. Sunday's coahing performance may be the best ever. The Pats held the unstoppable Colts offense to 3 points with Gay, Earthwind, and Troy Brown in the secondary. Two walkons and an over the hill possession receiver. They were also missing Richard Seymour, their best D-lineman.

This isn't the first time he's done this either. They destroyed the Colts in the playoffs last year, and nearly shutdown the Greatest Show on Turf in the Super Bowl 3 years back. The offense scored only 1 touchdown in that Super Bowl win, but that was all they needed against the feard Rams offense.

Michael82
01-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Brady is sitting on the bench somewhere without Bill Belichek, and that coaching staff.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 09:59 AM
What records does Montana have other than winning?

tbone2005orbust
01-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Bill Belichick is the best coach in the league by far. I don't think anybody will doubt that but his comments early in the week showed that he believes in his system rather than his players. I mean look they figured last year that they didn't need Milloy, a Pro-Bowler, and ditched him, yet they still ended up winning the Super Bowl. Ealy this week, a reporter asked him what he thought about his "depleted" secondary going against the vaunted Indy offense and his reply, "Well. Let's think about this for a second. We have been missing Poole for 9 weeks now and Law for 8 and we still ended up 14-2. I really don't know how we do this every week."

HAMMER
01-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Well, Belicheck's QB before Brady was... Drew Bledsoe. Which means Brady is either a much better QB or fits into Belicheck's system better (or both).

But I don't want to hear one more Joe Montana comparison until Brady breaks ONE record. He wins, that's great and it helps his team, but a lot of crappy QB's have won Superbowls. You have to do more than just win to be in the same league as the Marinos and Montanas.

Funny, but we always seem to use the exact opposite argument with the Dolphin fans about Marino's legacy. The bottom line in football is winning championships, not individual records. Brady is a big time winner, never lost in the playoffs, 2 SB's, 2 SB MVP's. That is more than enough for me to call him one of the best. If he wins a third, hmmmmm.

Many Bills fans need to stop hating this guy and the Pats organization. They play as a team, they play tough, hard nosed football, and they do it with class.

Ickybaluky
01-18-2005, 11:03 AM
I don't think either one is as good without the other. I think both would still be great on their own, but together they are much better.

Belichick is the consumate prepared coach who always prepares his team to do the right thing in the right situation.

Brady is the consumate prepared QB who always knows what needs to be accomplished for situations that come up in the game.

Match made in heaven. I think both guys would be winners without each other, but they win a lot more together.

I'm sorry, the argument that Brady wouldn't put up big numbers in another system is hogwash. The guy would be great anywhere. His ability to maintain poise in pressure situations and deliver the ball accurately to the right guy quickly is what makes him great, and that translates anywhere.

You don't think he would put up huge numbers in the St. Louis scheme, like Trent Green, Kurt Warner or Marc Bulger? If so, then you are allowing your hatred of him and the Patriots to cloud your judgement.

Michael82
01-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Funny, but we always seem to use the exact opposite argument with the Dolphin fans about Marino's legacy. The bottom line in football is winning championships, not individual records. Brady is a big time winner, never lost in the playoffs, 2 SB's, 2 SB MVP's. That is more than enough for me to call him one of the best. If he wins a third, hmmmmm.

Many Bills fans need to stop hating this guy and the Pats organization. They play as a team, they play tough, hard nosed football, and they do it with class.
I think that we should be allowed to HATE whoever the hell we want to. I can't stand Belichek, Brady, or the New England Patriots. I want them to get creamed on Sunday badly.

imbondz
01-18-2005, 01:27 PM
What records does Montana have other than winning?
he's won more SB's than any other QB. or is that what you meant?

The_Philster
01-18-2005, 03:58 PM
They were asking on WGR last week which you'd take if you had the choice...I think it was Howard Simon asking...most people I heard said they'd take Belichek

HAMMER
01-18-2005, 07:30 PM
I think that we should be allowed to HATE whoever the hell we want to. I can't stand Belichek, Brady, or the New England Patriots. I want them to get creamed on Sunday badly.

You can hate whoever you want, hate away!

Mr. Cynical
01-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Belicheck. While Brady is very good, the Pats are winning because of BB's brilliant gameplanning and talent evaluation/motivation (both players and coaches).

Jeff1220
01-19-2005, 07:09 AM
Belicheck. While Brady is very good, the Pats are winning because of BB's brilliant gameplanning and talent evaluation/motivation (both players and coaches).

Agreed. Belicheck is the mastermind. He gets all the troops ready to play, not just Brady.
And NE, I really don't think TB would do very well in a air-it-out type attack. His long ball just isn't accurate enough and he'd see waaaay more pressure from the D than he does in his current quick-release/dump-off system. He might survive in it, but he would by no means be the QB he is today.

Ickybaluky
01-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Agreed. Belicheck is the mastermind. He gets all the troops ready to play, not just Brady.
And NE, I really don't think TB would do very well in a air-it-out type attack. His long ball just isn't accurate enough and he'd see waaaay more pressure from the D than he does in his current quick-release/dump-off system. He might survive in it, but he would by no means be the QB he is today.

Brady isn't a dump-off QB this year. This year the Patriots can run the ball, which has allowed them to use play action and throw the ball down the field. Because they have Dillon, they no longer use as many dump passes and screens, instead they throw downfield. This is shown in Brady's 7.79 yds/att, which is by far his career high. He has thrown the ball down the field, and done it well.

Brady can make all the throws, he has a quick release and is accurate. He would be good in any system.

Mr. Cynical
01-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Brady isn't a dump-off QB this year. This year the Patriots can run the ball, which has allowed them to use play action and throw the ball down the field. Because they have Dillon, they no longer use as many dump passes and screens, instead they throw downfield. This is shown in Brady's 7.79 yds/att, which is by far his career high. He has thrown the ball down the field, and done it well.

Brady can make all the throws, he has a quick release and is accurate. He would be good in any system.I agree - Brady would be good in any system. But I don't think there is any question if you had to choose Brady or BB you keep BB. BB is the reason you guys are winning. Brady is a part of it but he's not having to carry the team on his shoulders like Vick. BTW - I'm not saying Vick is better than Brady. I'm just pointing out the main reason for the Falcons success is Vick and the main reason for the Pats success is BB.

FTG
01-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Belichick before Tom Brady, 52-58

Belichick after Tom Brady, 45-14

I think WGR 55 is stealing ideas from this site. Patrick posts this last Tues. I talked to my dad this weekend and he said WGR had this same Belichick or Brady
subject on thier morning show Thursday and quoted these same #'s.

Iehoshua
01-24-2005, 12:34 PM
I think that we should be allowed to HATE whoever the hell we want to.
Except Bledsoe, right?
;) ;)

FTG
01-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Except Bledsoe, right?
;) ;)

:snicker:

Dozerdog
01-24-2005, 12:55 PM
:rofl:

And yet you will complain about "Bledsoe haters"

That cinches it. Mikey wants the Pats to get crushed, so they will steamroll to their 3rd title.

I want to be there when your head explodes

Earthquake Enyart
01-24-2005, 01:01 PM
:rofl:

And yet you will complain about "Bledsoe haters"

That cinches it. Mikey wants the Pats to get crushed, so they will steamroll to their 3rd title.

I want to be there when your head explodes
I don't. Imagine what kind of giant toxic mess there would be.

jamze132
01-24-2005, 01:03 PM
I think if there were a decision to be made as to whether they kept Brady or Belichick, they would ultimately choose the latter.

Dozerdog
01-24-2005, 02:29 PM
I don't. Imagine what kind of giant toxic mess there would be.
You're right- I don't want partially digested Honey's fudge all over my shoes