PDA

View Full Version : Modrak/Henry Fish Bait

juice
01-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Henry says he would love to be in MIA next season.. Modrak is maybe a frontrunner for the GM position for the Phins.

If Modrak gets the position in Personell for the Dolphins would he Break the Bank for Henry "The Warrior" since he knows what kind of Rushing totals he can put up?

Would Modrak being familiar with Henry help or harm Negotiations with the Bills compensating for not having a #1 pick next draft.. Modrak has inside knowledge of how much of a Team distraction the Henry/Willis saga was within the organization and how desperate the Bills are to deal Travis.

Market value looks like a 3rd, Should TD look for a deal that maximizes Henry's value from the Phins?

I dont think MIA has a second rd pick in the draft but would a 3rd and a conditional pick get this trade done?

What would be an acceptable trade for the Bills to make within the AFC-E?
www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/01/18/a1c_fins_0118.html?tbda1c_fins_0118.html (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/01/18/a1c_fins_0118.html?tbda1c_fins_0118.html)

NJFINSFAN1
01-18-2005, 09:25 AM
We won't trade our third (The bears), we already traded our third for Gordon. I don't see us going after Henry. Saban is a great talent finder and I belive if anything we will be trading for more picks, not giving them up. If he decides he wants a Rb, he will draft one, or sign a FA like L. Jordon or Anthony Thomas.

juice
01-18-2005, 09:39 AM
We won't trade our third (The bears), we already traded our third for Gordon. I don't see us going after Henry. Saban is a great talent finder and I belive if anything we will be trading for more picks, not giving them up. If he decides he wants a Rb, he will draft one, or sign a FA like L. Jordon or Anthony Thomas.Saban would have to develope a Rookie and behind your offensive line that wont be easy.. Jordan and Thomas aren't proven 1300 yard backs and might also struggle behind that O-Line. Henry is used to running behind Sub-Par lines and putting up huge #s.

The Window of opporitunity is closing on that Defensive Unit.. JT and ZT aren't getting any younger and your DBs will be hard to hold onto after this year.

The Phins need a proven difference maker next season at RB or that "D" might need to be revamped to bring in some youth.

NJFINSFAN1
01-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Saban would have to develope a Rookie and behind your offensive line that wont be easy.. Jordan and Thomas aren't proven 1300 yard backs and might also struggle behind that O-Line. Henry is used to running behind Sub-Par lines and putting up huge #s.

The Window of opporitunity is closing on that Defensive Unit.. JT and ZT aren't getting any younger and your DBs will be hard to hold onto after this year.

The Phins need a proven difference maker next season at RB or that "D" might need to be revamped to bring in some youth.

I agree to a point, Jordon is a future ALL-Pro, Thomas had a 1000 yard season with the Bears.

Saban will want to build thru the draft and add picks, not trade them away.

Gunzlingr
01-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Saban will be the next Erickson or Spurrier. All hype, no results.

Michael82
01-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Saban will be the next Erickson or Spurrier. All hype, no results.
Butch Davis. :snicker:

jamze132
01-18-2005, 12:10 PM
When starting over, you have to get some proven veterans. You can't just go to the draft and expect to win. It would make sense for Saban to keep his 1st rounder and maybe trade an aging veteran for another 1st or 2nd. But Henry would be a great fit. They just don't have anyting to offer us unless ya want us to take Jason Taylor off your hands. But thats rediculous.

juice
01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
I agree to a point, Jordon is a future ALL-Pro, Thomas had a 1000 yard season with the Bears.

Saban will want to build thru the draft and add picks, not trade them away.Saban wont call all the shots like that, they are still looking to hire a GM.. Modrak or anyone else that is brought in will realize that Father Time is working against them and look to bring in a back of Alexander or Henry's caliber.

The interest shown by the Phins is at least working in favor of Travis' trade value.