PDA

View Full Version : Will the Vikings look to move Moss?

Gunzlingr
01-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Randy Moss' act in Minnesota is getting old and it's time for the Vikings to ship him out of town. At least that's the noise coming from both major papers in the Twin Cities.

Moss, who essentially missed five games this season with a hamstring injury, finished the year with 49 catches for 767 yards and 13 touchdowns. But his production was overshadowed by his controversial actions, like the well-documented "mooning" in Green Bay as well as his decision leave the game against Washington when there were still two seconds left on the clock.

Actions like those, as well as issues from his past in Minnesota, have opened up the rumor mill in the Twin Cities and have led many to wonder if Moss is worth all the trouble that follows him.

Leading up to, and then following, the Vikings' season-ending loss to the Eagles on Sunday, a game in which Moss had as many drops (three) as he did receptions, sports writers from the Star Tribune and the St. Paul Pioneer Press speculated how the Vikings might deal with Moss this off-season.

They also looked at possible ways the Vikings might be able to ship him out of town.

more (http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3331874)

Rumor in Viking country is that Arizona is the main team interested, since Denny Green drafted him. :idunno:

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2005, 10:00 AM
I also heard Oakland.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 10:00 AM
LETS GET HIM!!!!!!!!

clumping platelets
01-18-2005, 10:01 AM
He's NOT welcome here :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 10:02 AM
You are right. We couldn't use the best receiver in the league.

clumping platelets
01-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Best WR in league was invisible Sunday

Imagine what it would take to get him. Far too much

Gunzlingr
01-18-2005, 10:08 AM
It would cost $$$,$$$,$$$ to get him. He accounted for 40% of the Vikes salary cap a year or so ago.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Best WR in league was invisible Sunday

Imagine what it would take to get him. Far too much

He was playing on one leg. You let Moulds off for that why not Moss? Yes it would probably take too much to get him but if the deal was right why not?

jamze132
01-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Moss wouldn't fit in in Buffalo. He may have the most talent in the league at his position, but he doesn't always show up. He's even said that he plays when he wants to. What kind of chemistry would we have with him? Too much baggage.

The_Philster
01-18-2005, 03:42 PM
He's NOT welcome here :mad:
What he said!! :mad:

Moss wouldn't fit in in Buffalo. He may have the most talent in the league at his position, but he doesn't always show up. He's even said that he plays when he wants to. What kind of chemistry would we have with him? Too much baggage.Damn straight...the guy causes too many problems for his production.

Mudflap1
01-18-2005, 03:59 PM
It's hard to argue against his attitude. HOWEVER, to play Devil's Advocate, Terrell Owens was seen as somebody NOBODY wanted, and while he has trash-talked his usual self this past season, he's been nothing but wonders for the Eagles (until he got hurt, of course). Owens put up big numbers and helped Donovan McNabb have his best season by far. All while getting along well with his teammates and the fans (they worship him down there!).

Yes, Moss looks like a total problem child in Minnesota. But sometimes things change when you get a change of scenery. Not always, but sometimes.

That being said, it would be almost unthinkably hard to probably get him, but not impossible. He would sure be an upgrade over Josh Reed and Sam Aiken. Moss, Moulds, and Lee Evans would make more than a nice tandem.

Even Bledsoe couldn't screw that up.

Jon

Iehoshua
01-18-2005, 04:02 PM
The only place I see him going if anywhere is Baltimore. He'd fit right in there.

shotgun
01-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Is it me or is moss no were to be found in big games for minn. i find that intresting that he takes off big game.. i would not want him here e.moulds is a real class act allways try never takes plays off ..

bigal

The_Philster
01-18-2005, 04:43 PM
It's hard to argue against his attitude. HOWEVER, to play Devil's Advocate, Terrell Owens was seen as somebody NOBODY wanted, and while he has trash-talked his usual self this past season, he's been nothing but wonders for the Eagles (until he got hurt, of course). Owens put up big numbers and helped Donovan McNabb have his best season by far. All while getting along well with his teammates and the fans (they worship him down there!).

Yes, Moss looks like a total problem child in Minnesota. But sometimes things change when you get a change of scenery. Not always, but sometimes.

That being said, it would be almost unthinkably hard to probably get him, but not impossible. He would sure be an upgrade over Josh Reed and Sam Aiken. Moss, Moulds, and Lee Evans would make more than a nice tandem.

Even Bledsoe couldn't screw that up.

Jon

I can't stand TO either but I would have to say TO isn't quite as bad as Moss. TO is just an ass on the field...he's not out getting busted for drugs or running people over like that :loser: Randy

Mudflap1
01-18-2005, 04:56 PM
I agree Philster.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Is it me or is moss no were to be found in big games for minn. i find that intresting that he takes off big game.. i would not want him here e.moulds is a real class act allways try never takes plays off ..

bigal

Maybe you missed the Minnesota, Greenbay wildcard game. Moss had 2 td's on a bad ankle.

helmetguy
01-18-2005, 05:14 PM
There's a reason why a guy with the talent Mess has ends up at Marshall. Even Florida State felt he had too much baggage. And this from a school that never met a hot dog they didn't like. How much good would a change of scenery be for him, when, in Minnesota, he has Mike Tice chapping his lips on Mess' ass?

jamze132
01-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Let Moss go to the Dolphins. The Vikings will get a hell of a deal for him too!!! They could probably get Miami's 1st rounder and Jason Taylor. DO IT PHINS! It would benefit us. No More Taylor to deal with and Moss won't play anyway. It's a win-win situation for us!

Jeff1220
01-19-2005, 07:26 AM
If they do actually try to deal him, look for the Ravens to get involved. They've been searching for a marquee WR for years and still feel that the TO situation cost them a chance at a run this year. They'd love to keep Moss in purple.

OpIv37
01-19-2005, 07:48 AM
TO, for all his attitude, is a winner, and his mouth doesn't disrupt the locker room or have much effect his teammates.

Moss is not a winner- he's in it for the money and the glory (well, I guess most guys are, but they're at least subtle about it). He's a huge distraction and costs his team as many games as he wins them. Remember the option pass a few weeks ago, or the fake FG where he didn't know he was supposed to be on the field? These are not the kinds of plays that vets should make. Yes, Eric Moulds struggled this past year, but I didn't see him do anything as stupid as those two plays.

Let the Dolphins have him- they seem to have a thing for headcases recently.

HAMMER
01-19-2005, 03:31 PM
He was playing on one leg. You let Moulds off for that why not Moss? Yes it would probably take too much to get him but if the deal was right why not?

I'll tell you why not. He is a selfish, immature, me first jerk! No way Donahoe screws our cap for this cancer, it would also go against Donahoe's MO of wanting only high character guys. Moss is the biggest jerk in the NFL, period.

Bottom line, has he helped the Vikings over the top? NOPE!

jamze132
01-19-2005, 05:31 PM
He is a selfish, immature, me first jerk! NOPE!
WORD!

Can you see Moss not making very many receptions so he *****es about Drew? (I guess he would be an amigo then.) Of course then Drew would lock onto Moss and then Moulds gets pissed.

No way Moss ever plays for Buffalo.

Iehoshua
01-23-2005, 06:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1973713

Has Randy Moss played his last season in Minnesota?

A Vikings source has told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that there's a 60-40 chance the team will deal the controversial receiver in the offseason if it can find suitors willing to pay a handsome price.

Which teams might be willing to up the ante for Moss?

The Ravens are a possibility. Baltimore made an aborted play for Terrell Owens last offseason and coach Brian Billick used Moss' sensational season in 1998 when he caught 17 touchdown passes to propel himself to the Ravens job.