PDA

View Full Version : I am rooting for Philly this weekend.

Gunzlingr
01-18-2005, 09:49 AM
I absolutely do not want Vick, aka the most overrated POS in the league, to be in the big game. If he gets to the superbowl, the announcers and media will crawl even further up his ass, and will be talking about the hall of fame for him. Whoever he has for a publicist is definitely earning his/her money. :puke:

Michael82
01-18-2005, 09:57 AM
I still want to know how the **** he got a vote for League MVP. That is ****ing ridiculous. :crazy:

Tatonka
01-18-2005, 12:05 PM
is he not fun to watch?

i dont care who wins .. i just want to see exciting football..

and he got a vote for mvp because without him, his team is 3-13.. with him, they are 11-5.. he is the best RB playing qb in the league right now.

Tatonka
01-18-2005, 12:06 PM
plus it would be funny to see philly lose 4 straight nfc championship games.

jamze132
01-18-2005, 12:13 PM

Yes I would like to see them lose 4 in a row. It brings back memories. Maybe people can finally get off our back. At least we won 4 AFC championships in a row!

OpIv37
01-18-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm rooting for Philly because my family's from that area- if I had to pick a second team behind Buffalo, it would be Philly. Vick is entertaining and he's a great athlete. He's not a great QB- he doesn't protect the ball and he misses open receivers. There are two reasons for the hype: 1. He puts asses in seats. 2. He helps his team win, which means more $. While he's clearly not the best player in the game, he is possibly the most entertaining. So the NFL latches on and he becomes their marketing tool.

The_Philster
01-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm rooting for Philly for the same reasons...Vick is just too overhyped :ill:...thing is, it disgusts me seeing TO getting a trophy

Section 130 Row 26
01-18-2005, 04:02 PM
I absolutely do not want Vick, aka the most overrated POS in the league, to be in the big game. If he gets to the superbowl, the announcers and media will crawl even further up his ass, and will be talking about the hall of fame for him. Whoever he has for a publicist is definitely earning his/her money. :puke:

Vick makes plays, Vick wins, Vick is very good. He deserves all the credit he recieves. Name one QB in the last 50 years that has been succesful the way he has. He can change a game entirely with one play. Atlanta was pitiful without him, and now their a game away from the superbowl with him. (all be it with a good defense.)

Let the media "crawl up his ass" all they want to, it's justified. He's a winnner, a rare athlete, and very entertaining to watch.....

Oh, and by the way JP seems to play the same way (run first, pass second) so are you gonna cry like a baby when he gets any media attention for being a playmaker? Is that unjustified? Didn't think so.

The point of the game is to make plays and win. Theres no "rule book" on how to do it. If Vick was on the Bills you'd be all over his jock.

JG

helmetguy
01-18-2005, 05:35 PM
They had the same woodies for Kordell Stewart, too.

ajsdx
01-18-2005, 08:22 PM
kordell coulda been a contendah...

if vick ever gets his QB skills set together (which won't be for at least another 3-5 years at least), he'll be a weapon. he has a strong arm, he just has to learn the decision-making part. make him even a decent passing QB, give him a decent power back, keep finneran and crumpler, and you won't be able to stop him. he's physically talented enough to beat any scheme.

EM Bills Fan 80
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM
I am too rooting for Philadelphia. Behind the Bills, they are my favorite NFL franchise. I root for them just about as much as I do for the Bills. Although the Bills are my number 1 team, I really hope Philly gets it done this year. McNabb deserves it. Hopefully the D can contain Vick and Mitchell comes up big again, with Westbrook making some more big plays as well.

Gunzlingr
01-19-2005, 08:48 AM
Vick makes plays, Vick wins, Vick is very good. He deserves all the credit he recieves. Name one QB in the last 50 years that has been succesful the way he has. He can change a game entirely with one play. Atlanta was pitiful without him, and now their a game away from the superbowl with him. (all be it with a good defense.)

Let the media "crawl up his ass" all they want to, it's justified. He's a winnner, a rare athlete, and very entertaining to watch.....

Oh, and by the way JP seems to play the same way (run first, pass second) so are you gonna cry like a baby when he gets any media attention for being a playmaker? Is that unjustified? Didn't think so.

The point of the game is to make plays and win. Theres no "rule book" on how to do it. If Vick was on the Bills you'd be all over his jock.

JG

21st in the league in passer rating (78.1), 26th in passing yards (2313), 14 TDs, 12 INTs is a good QB????? He did have 902 yards rushing (that is a lot, I will give him that). Pass what ever you are smoking to me, it must be good stuff.

I will be pissed if JP comes in an gets 80 yards passing, I sure as hell am not going to praise him and call him the greatest QB ever. OVERRATED.

mybills
01-19-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm rooting for Philly for the same reasons...Vick is just too overhyped :ill:...thing is, it disgusts me seeing TO getting a trophy
There's always a chance that Peerless Price will.

Stewie
01-19-2005, 12:32 PM

EXACTLY. Losing 4 NFC championship games may finally make people realize that early '90's Buffalo was a great team.

McGee
01-19-2005, 01:05 PM
plus it would be funny to see philly lose 4 straight nfc championship games.Have they lost 4 straight home NFC Championships, or is there an away game in there somewhere? I can't recall.

Valerie
01-19-2005, 01:12 PM
I'd like to see an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl. At this point I really don't care about any of the teams that are left, but I like it when two teams in the same state play against each other. I loved the Subway World Series! Too bad my Mets lost. :(

The_Philster
01-19-2005, 05:21 PM
There's always a chance that Peerless Price will.

Did you even read my post before you responded to it? :shakeno: