PDA

View Full Version : Have Playoffs Taught Us Anything About 2005 Bills?

G. Host
01-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Anything short of the playoffs in 2005 for the Bills, will be a major disappointment.

First, a rookie quarterback in the NFL eventually will play like a rookie quarterback in the NFL. Ben Roethlisberger was legendary stuff as the Steelers kept putting together win after win behind the big rookie from Miami of Ohio. more (WGRZ) (http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=25867)

I am not sure how I agree with everything (he knows more about football than me but he works at a station which does not show football :D) but this part I agree with:
One thing we learn from all this, other than the fact it’s risky to go with a rookie at quarterback, is the best way to get to the Super Bowl is build up some equity early.

Win early and earn a bye for at least one week, which means at least one home game. The Colts forfeited that chance by losing their season opener at New England, and look how dearly it cost them later.

A slow start, especially one determined by a self-serving bad play or a bad call by a Zebra will definitely hurt the Bills. They need to be out of the gate running. Players can not give any excuses like wanting to work with trainer at home and can not let offseason events or *****ing by fans or media distract them. The players have months off (one month too many unfortunately) to unwind before they need to become focused on one goal - winning home field advantage.

justasportsfan
01-18-2005, 11:36 AM
and he has experience in big games.Lest we forget, Bledsoe popped off the bench early when Tom Brady was hurt three years ago in the Pats AFC title game in Pittsburgh, and Drew led the Patriots to a 24-17 win and a trip to the Super Bowl.

And how did he do against Pitt's 3rd string ? That was a huge game for us. Does this guy even know what drew is like in big games? They should let him do the weather report and he might be more accurate.

G. Host
01-18-2005, 11:57 AM
He did as well as our defense did against their 3rd string. Entire team played terribly.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-19-2005, 09:57 PM
I cant expect Buffalo to make the playoffs in 05.. The possibility of starting a rookie QB is the only reason why.. Just becase Big Ben did this well, surely doesnt mean JP will.. I think JP will do great eventually after he gets a year under his belt..

jmb1099
01-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Lossman might be more ready than we think. He has had a year to study and that is something that neither BBof EM had an opportunity to do. He will still make some mistakes, but not the ones we see Eli making.

helmetguy
01-20-2005, 07:25 AM
Line play still needs to get better, receivers still need to make adjustments in blitz situations (as well as hold onto the ball) and the defense needs to get better on third/fourth down in critical situations.