PDA

View Full Version : A 3rd rounder and Donald Lee?

The King
01-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Would you guys consider this an acceptable trade for Travis or do you think it would take more? Right now we have 3 TE's who all share the same abilities I think it would be a plus to bring someone like Lee in to diversify the group. An athletic TE who will go out and get the ball.

:feedback:

Jayhawk
01-18-2005, 11:49 AM
3rd and Ruddy

and I will discuss it with them

Tatonka
01-18-2005, 11:56 AM
no.. euhus is a pass catching TE.. campbell is a blocking te who is a goal line threat.. peters can be used as an additional blocker.

we dont need another te..

and henry doesnt need to be in this division... ship him to the nfc.

NJFINSFAN1
01-18-2005, 12:10 PM
3rd and Ruddy

and I will discuss it with them
You can have Ruddy for free!

NJFINSFAN1
01-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Would you guys consider this an acceptable trade for Travis or do you think it would take more? Right now we have 3 TE's who all share the same abilities I think it would be a plus to bring someone like Lee in to diversify the group. An athletic TE who will go out and get the ball.

:feedback:

Donald Lee has all the Talent in the world, but never uses it! he drops every other pass and the ones he catches he fumbles when hit1 If he ever gets a head on his shoulders he could be very good.

We will not trade away draft picks, when need new young blood from the draft.

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2005, 12:14 PM
:bf1:

Rumor has it that if Seattle can't keep Shaun Alexander, they'd be interested in Henry as well.

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2005, 12:18 PM
NO NO NO.....

The ONLY way Henry goes to Miami had better have one of the names/phrases "1st round" or "Jason Taylor".

I read today that the teams that are interested are Oakland, Zona, Miami, Carolina, and Tampa.... i should mention this is Henry's list, and he only is looking at warm weather teams.... sot here could be more (or less really).

I am still holding out hope that we can squeeze a second rounder out of him. But TD has tor eally sell the "we might just keep him" angle. In fact he shoudl be telling travis "if you start acting like a cancer and screaming about how you will not be here next season and lower your value, I WILL make your ass sit on the bench a whole nother year."

Anyway... if we get 2 2nds, we could a- trade up into the 1st round (more fun for me to specualte on a pick) or b- look for value at the Oline, TE, K (a bit high but ugh Lindell) S, LB, DT... the positions we need are positions you can find value inthe 2nd round... option b is probably smarter even if it is less fun.

mysticsoto
01-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Agreed. I doubt if we ended up with 2 2nd rounders, that we'd trade up for a 1st. No real reason to. Makes more sense to stay put and draft best quality player available for the spots you mentioned (OL, DL, K, S, CB, TE) probably in that order. I place TE last b'cse I'm being confident that Euhus and Campbell will recover fine from their injuries. Of course Tom & company will know better where they stand and with the advice that their doctors give them, can know whether we should be worried about the TE position. In either case, I think Jason Peters needs to be worked on more. Mularkey should work with him directly and teach him some tricks of the trade. Peters could be a menace for years to come if he were to develop to full capacity!!!

The King
01-18-2005, 01:24 PM
:bf1:

Rumor has it that if Seattle can't keep Shaun Alexander, they'd be interested in Henry as well.

Doesnt Seatle have Maurice Morris.... I think he would take over if shaun left.

jamze132
01-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Doesnt Seatle have Maurice Morris.... I think he would take over if shaun left.
I live 20 miles from Seattle and no one here really has faith in Morris to shoulder the weight of a full time back. Besides, it took me 3 seasons in Madden 05' to get his rating to 95. It only took 1 1/2 with Willis.

The King
01-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Well in that case we should Probably trade for Seneca Wallace.... :rofl:

justasportsfan
01-18-2005, 02:13 PM
We will not trade away draft picks, when need new young blood from the draft.

"For the 2nd pick in the 2005 Draft, The Miami Dolphins pick Maurice Clarett"

ShadowHawk7
01-18-2005, 02:44 PM
no.. euhus is a pass catching TE.. campbell is a blocking te who is a goal line threat.. peters can be used as an additional blocker.

we dont need another te..

Seriously, I want to see TD trick Dennis Green into giving up his early 2nd rounder for him straight up. That would be sweet.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-18-2005, 02:44 PM
I can't wait to see what ol' Tommy squeezes out of a deal for Henry. Myself, at this point for the Bills franchise, I don't want draft picks. I am not confident in draft picks becoming productive immdiately. I would prefer to trade for a player. Senaca Wallace sounds good to me! Really.....two young QBs on the roster would be a nice thing!

I've been thinking of the Houston Texans too....I wonder if there is ANY chance we might be able to get a deal done trading Henry for Domanik Davis. That would be a good deal for the Bills, in my opinion.

Also, I could see a trade with Oakland...Henry for Zereoue or Wheatley.
How about a package of Henry and Reed to Oakland for one of above and Doug Jolley?

mysticsoto
01-18-2005, 03:39 PM
I can't wait to see what ol' Tommy squeezes out of a deal for Henry. Myself, at this point for the Bills franchise, I don't want draft picks. I am not confident in draft picks becoming productive immdiately. I would prefer to trade for a player. Senaca Wallace sounds good to me! Really.....two young QBs on the roster would be a nice thing!

I've been thinking of the Houston Texans too....I wonder if there is ANY chance we might be able to get a deal done trading Henry for Domanik Davis. That would be a good deal for the Bills, in my opinion.

Also, I could see a trade with Oakland...Henry for Zereoue or Wheatley.
How about a package of Henry and Reed to Oakland for one of above and Doug Jolley?

Zereoue or Wheatly? No way! Why would we want any of those losers? If we trade Henry over, we trade for a 3rd draft pick and a O-lineman (since they have many) or at best maybe Jolley, an O-lineman and a 4/5th rounder or something like that. But we definitely don't want a has been RB. I like Shaud and Burns has always been dependable as a backup. We could pickup a low pick RB for the practice Squad although, isn't Jonathan Smith (Aka Fast Freddie also listed as a WR/RB) ? If so, we are probably covered with depth in that area and need to concentrate on other areas...especially that O-line!!!

weettt
01-18-2005, 03:45 PM
what the hell is wrong with u people? henry for another rb? henry for Donald Lee? did someone really say Donald Lee when we already have two starting caliber tight ends? trading for draft picks and then picking up depth and future starters would be the best option without a doubt. who in they're right mind would trade a pro bowl caliber running back for some reserves? that doesn't really sound smart.... does it?

nuklz2594
01-18-2005, 04:16 PM
trade travis henry for o-line depth. we are deep at wr, rb. our te will be fine by training camp. we need a center. mike flynn would be nice but he is coming off injury. we need to find a spot for peters. make him an h-back or a fullback. imagine him lead blocking for willis or coming out of the backfield for a screen. in the draft we will need to do ur homework and draft o-line and will we ever get a real defensive end? david pollack of georgia would be awesome. i can dream.

Buffatexas
01-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Ideal situation time: Edge leaves the colts ( I believe he is an FA and maybe he wont get taggged), trade Henry to the Colts for Vanderjagt and their 2nd or third rounder.

TigerJ
01-18-2005, 05:09 PM
I think the Colts would probably want Henry and a second round pick forVanderjagt. But they don't really need a running back so we can forget it.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 05:14 PM
I think the Colts would probably want Henry and a second round pick forVanderjagt. But they don't really need a running back so we can forget it.

Wait are you telling me that you think that the Colts would want Henry AND a second round pick from us for a Kicker?? A kicker who has pissed off his team twice now and is 32 years old?? If Edge leaves they need a running back for sure. Although I would just resign Dominic Rhodes if I were them.

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2005, 05:19 PM
a first rounder for Henry ......put down the crack pipe (NEG REP)

so fast to hit the neg button... now... let's read what i actually said again... i did NOT say we;d get a 1st for TH... i said a SECOND.. and possily trade our 2 2nd's for a 1st. OK... try treading the WHOLE post.

unless you meant my 1st from Miami which I know isn'thappeneing but i was using an example on how much a divion rival would have to overpay to get him.

NO NO NO.....

The ONLY way Henry goes to Miami had better have one of the names/phrases "1st round" or "Jason Taylor".

I read today that the teams that are interested are Oakland, Zona, Miami, Carolina, and Tampa.... i should mention this is Henry's list, and he only is looking at warm weather teams.... sot here could be more (or less really).

I am still holding out hope that we can squeeze a second rounder out of him. But TD has tor eally sell the "we might just keep him" angle. In fact he shoudl be telling travis "if you start acting like a cancer and screaming about how you will not be here next season and lower your value, I WILL make your ass sit on the bench a whole nother year."

Anyway... if we get 2 2nds, we could a- trade up into the 1st round (more fun for me to specualte on a pick) or b- look for value at the Oline, TE, K (a bit high but ugh Lindell) S, LB, DT... the positions we need are positions you can find value inthe 2nd round... option b is probably smarter even if it is less fun.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Who are you talking to?

jamze132
01-18-2005, 05:48 PM
what the hell is wrong with u people? henry for another rb? henry for Donald Lee? did someone really say Donald Lee when we already have two starting caliber tight ends? trading for draft picks and then picking up depth and future starters would be the best option without a doubt. who in they're right mind would trade a pro bowl caliber running back for some reserves? that doesn't really sound smart.... does it?
You make some sense. If I knew how to give pos rep, I would.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Zereoue or Wheatly? No way! Why would we want any of those losers? If we trade Henry over, we trade for a 3rd draft pick and a O-lineman (since they have many) or at best maybe Jolley, an O-lineman and a 4/5th rounder or something like that. But we definitely don't want a has been RB. I like Shaud and Burns has always been dependable as a backup. We could pickup a low pick RB for the practice Squad although, isn't Jonathan Smith (Aka Fast Freddie also listed as a WR/RB) ? If so, we are probably covered with depth in that area and need to concentrate on other areas...especially that O-line!!!

Wheatly and Zereoue are washed up? Just because you "like" Shaud doesn't mean that he is a quality NFL back. I have in the past and will continue to GUARANTEE that neither Shaud-a-stuck with baseball Williams nor Joe Burns will be the #2 back on this roster come August. Neither are anything more than 3rd string/special teamers.

How big of a window for a playoff run do you think this team has? Just because we have stunk up the league recently does not mean we have a big window in front of us. TD narrowed the window considerably by hiring Greg Williams. Very soon we will be losing many significant players whose backups have not yet matured into starting caliber players. Very average draft results will not allow long term success. So we need to make our run this coming season. A 3rd round RB is not likely to help your team win this year. A savvy veteran like Wheatley is not only a solid backup to Willis, but a positive force in the lockerroom too. UNFORTUNATELY--and I love Travis Henry but this is the truth...he is not marketable as a "pro bowl caliber running back" at this point.