• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

A 3rd rounder and Donald Lee?

Would you guys consider this an acceptable trade for Travis or do you think it would take more? Right now we have 3 TE's who all share the same abilities I think it would be a plus to bring someone like Lee in to diversify the group. An athletic TE who will go out and get the ball.

Last edited by The King; 01-18-2005, 11:52 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

3rd and Ruddy

and I will discuss it with them
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

no.. euhus is a pass catching TE.. campbell is a blocking te who is a goal line threat.. peters can be used as an additional blocker.

we dont need another te..

and henry doesnt need to be in this division... ship him to the nfc.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
        NJ In The House
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
        3rd and Ruddy

and I will discuss it with them
        You can have Ruddy for free!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
          NJ In The House
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
          Would you guys consider this an acceptable trade for Travis or do you think it would take more? Right now we have 3 TE's who all share the same abilities I think it would be a plus to bring someone like Lee in to diversify the group. An athletic TE who will go out and get the ball.

Donald Lee has all the Talent in the world, but never uses it! he drops every other pass and the ones he catches he fumbles when hit1 If he ever gets a head on his shoulders he could be very good.

We will not trade away draft picks, when need new young blood from the draft.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

Rumor has it that if Seattle can't keep Shaun Alexander, they'd be interested in Henry as well.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

NO NO NO.....

The ONLY way Henry goes to Miami had better have one of the names/phrases "1st round" or "Jason Taylor".

I read today that the teams that are interested are Oakland, Zona, Miami, Carolina, and Tampa.... i should mention this is Henry's list, and he only is looking at warm weather teams.... sot here could be more (or less really).

I am still holding out hope that we can squeeze a second rounder out of him. But TD has tor eally sell the "we might just keep him" angle. In fact he shoudl be telling travis "if you start acting like a cancer and screaming about how you will not be here next season and lower your value, I WILL make your ass sit on the bench a whole nother year."

Anyway... if we get 2 2nds, we could a- trade up into the 1st round (more fun for me to specualte on a pick) or b- look for value at the Oline, TE, K (a bit high but ugh Lindell) S, LB, DT... the positions we need are positions you can find value inthe 2nd round... option b is probably smarter even if it is less fun.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Agreed. I doubt if we ended up with 2 2nd rounders, that we'd trade up for a 1st. No real reason to. Makes more sense to stay put and draft best quality player available for the spots you mentioned (OL, DL, K, S, CB, TE) probably in that order. I place TE last b'cse I'm being confident that Euhus and Campbell will recover fine from their injuries. Of course Tom & company will know better where they stand and with the advice that their doctors give them, can know whether we should be worried about the TE position. In either case, I think Jason Peters needs to be worked on more. Mularkey should work with him directly and teach him some tricks of the trade. Peters could be a menace for years to come if he were to develop to full capacity!!!

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Rumor has it that if Seattle can't keep Shaun Alexander, they'd be interested in Henry as well.
                  Doesnt Seatle have Maurice Morris.... I think he would take over if shaun left.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                    Doesnt Seatle have Maurice Morris.... I think he would take over if shaun left.
                    I live 20 miles from Seattle and no one here really has faith in Morris to shoulder the weight of a full time back. Besides, it took me 3 seasons in Madden 05' to get his rating to 95. It only took 1 1/2 with Willis.

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Well in that case we should Probably trade for Seneca Wallace....
                      It was all

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NJFINSFAN1
                        We will not trade away draft picks, when need new young blood from the draft.
                        "For the 2nd pick in the 2005 Draft, The Miami Dolphins pick Maurice Clarett"
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          no.. euhus is a pass catching TE.. campbell is a blocking te who is a goal line threat.. peters can be used as an additional blocker.

we dont need another te..

Seriously, I want to see TD trick Dennis Green into giving up his early 2nd rounder for him straight up. That would be sweet.
                          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                            • May 2004

I can't wait to see what ol' Tommy squeezes out of a deal for Henry. Myself, at this point for the Bills franchise, I don't want draft picks. I am not confident in draft picks becoming productive immdiately. I would prefer to trade for a player. Senaca Wallace sounds good to me! Really.....two young QBs on the roster would be a nice thing!

I've been thinking of the Houston Texans too....I wonder if there is ANY chance we might be able to get a deal done trading Henry for Domanik Davis. That would be a good deal for the Bills, in my opinion.

Also, I could see a trade with Oakland...Henry for Zereoue or Wheatley.
                            How about a package of Henry and Reed to Oakland for one of above and Doug Jolley?
                            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                              I can't wait to see what ol' Tommy squeezes out of a deal for Henry. Myself, at this point for the Bills franchise, I don't want draft picks. I am not confident in draft picks becoming productive immdiately. I would prefer to trade for a player. Senaca Wallace sounds good to me! Really.....two young QBs on the roster would be a nice thing!

I've been thinking of the Houston Texans too....I wonder if there is ANY chance we might be able to get a deal done trading Henry for Domanik Davis. That would be a good deal for the Bills, in my opinion.

Also, I could see a trade with Oakland...Henry for Zereoue or Wheatley.
                              How about a package of Henry and Reed to Oakland for one of above and Doug Jolley?
                              Zereoue or Wheatly? No way! Why would we want any of those losers? If we trade Henry over, we trade for a 3rd draft pick and a O-lineman (since they have many) or at best maybe Jolley, an O-lineman and a 4/5th rounder or something like that. But we definitely don't want a has been RB. I like Shaud and Burns has always been dependable as a backup. We could pickup a low pick RB for the practice Squad although, isn't Jonathan Smith (Aka Fast Freddie also listed as a WR/RB) ? If so, we are probably covered with depth in that area and need to concentrate on other areas...especially that O-line!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X