PDA

View Full Version : Henry wants to be a Fish

finsrclowns
01-18-2005, 12:22 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/01/18/a1c_fins_0118.html

First of all, if Henry had played like a top 20 back in the first 5 games, never mind the top 5 he fantasies about being, Buffalo would have made the playoffs. 2nd, he's not a free agent, so who cares what he wants. 3rd, if Miami wants him, they should have to pay a premium to get him.

Here's how I would assess the requirements for a trade with the fins:

Henry is worth a late 2nd rounder. His age, track record and modest current salary demand that IMO. Miami's early 3rd plus their 5th would normally be fair compensation, but I'd press for a conditional pick that could go as high as a 3rd in next year's draft depending on Henry's performance as a kicker for trading inside the division.

NJFINSFAN1
01-18-2005, 12:31 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/images/smilies/rofl2.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=2#)

We want to add picks, not give them away!
Henry is not coming to Miami!

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 12:48 PM
What are you laughing at? You need a runningback.

RedEyE
01-18-2005, 12:53 PM

:rofl:

Must be feeling the effects of Ricky's chronic.

NJFINSFAN1
01-18-2005, 12:54 PM
It's a Rb deep draft, plus some decent FA Rb's (Jordon, thomas etc..) Can't see giving up all those picks for a guy who may very well be on the decline, he did not look good early and seems to be getting hurt lately.

Much rather keep the pick (Notice pick, not picks)

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Fair enough but I wasn't sure what you were giggling about.

mysticsoto
01-18-2005, 01:05 PM
If he wants to go, we should let him go. But in my opinion, Donahue and Travis are seeing eye to eye. I think Donahue had a good talk with Travis and told him that he has no problems trading him as long as he gets something decent (like he did with Peerless). And so, Travis is working the Dolphins so that other teams (Arizona, Oakland, etc) can realize that they will have to pay something decent if they want him. Teams can have Travis, but he is not going to be cheap. Nor should he be. I disagree with others that say that he might be in the decline or that he is hurt often. Travis was a warrior in the short time he was with us. Let's not forget that. And with no O-line at all, and no good coach (McNally just started working his magic) he still got well over 1000 yards. Let's not forget also what Zach Thomas said about him - he hates tackling him b'cse he knows he's going to take a licking when he does. Travis will make some good team out there proud. But we should get something in return for him. In my opinion, Travis has been explained this, and he is just working the teams so they can give Donahue what he wants.

jamze132
01-18-2005, 01:35 PM
If he wants to go, we should let him go. But in my opinion, Donahue and Travis are seeing eye to eye. I think Donahue had a good talk with Travis and told him that he has no problems trading him as long as he gets something decent (like he did with Peerless). And so, Travis is working the Dolphins so that other teams (Arizona, Oakland, etc) can realize that they will have to pay something decent if they want him. Teams can have Travis, but he is not going to be cheap. Nor should he be. I disagree with others that say that he might be in the decline or that he is hurt often. Travis was a warrior in the short time he was with us. Let's not forget that. And with no O-line at all, and no good coach (McNally just started working his magic) he still got well over 1000 yards. Let's not forget also what Zach Thomas said about him - he hates tackling him b'cse he knows he's going to take a licking when he does. Travis will make some good team out there proud. But we should get something in return for him. In my opinion, Travis has been explained this, and he is just working the teams so they can give Donahue what he wants.
Who's this Donahue guy you refer to?

finsrclowns
01-18-2005, 03:11 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/images/smilies/rofl2.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=2#)

We want to add picks, not give them away!
Henry is not coming to Miami!

Right. You gave up a 3rd for Lamar Gordon who averaged under 2 yards a carry and then got hurt, but trading for Henry is giving picks away? :funny: Typical fin logic. Henry is a proven NFL lead back whose 2002 and 2003 #'s compare pretty closely to Ricky's. If Miami doesn't want him, it's fine with me. I hope they draft a bust. But you can bet all the scales on your back we will NOT give Henry away, and most definetely not to the sea urchins.

mysticsoto
01-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Who's this Donahue guy you refer to?

Okay, it's Donahoe. Hey, I have to type quickly. Some of us got work to do, ya know! ;P

Brad528
01-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Right. You gave up a 3rd for Lamar Gordon who averaged under 2 yards a carry and then got hurt, but trading for Henry is giving picks away? :funny: Typical fin logic. Henry is a proven NFL lead back whose 2002 and 2003 #'s compare pretty closely to Ricky's. If Miami doesn't want him, it's fine with me. I hope they draft a bust. But you can bet all the scales on your back we will NOT give Henry away, and most definetely not to the sea urchins.The difference is then we were desperate and had to try to get someone in to help us out. Now we have the draft and a whole offseason as well as FA. We know how deep the Free Agents our this year at RB. Plus i have heard three of them say they would like to play for miami. Edge,Alexander,Rudy all said they wouldnt mind playing for the phins. I know that it is unlikely we will get any of those three but we could land a play like Lamont Jordan or just use are second pick to draft Benson or another good college back.

Mudflap1
01-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Yes, it's a RB deep draft, and some good ones are in free agency. However, if you use recent Miami logic, a 2nd rounder for A.J. Feeley, and a 3rd rounder for Lamont Gordon, a 2nd rounder for Henry is certainly not out of the question, and borderline pretty realistic. He's definitely better than both of those players IMO.

Jon

BillsFever21
01-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Donahoe will get 2nd RD. value for Travis Henry. Miami doesn't have a 2nd round pick or anyone they would be willing to trade for that value. I don't see Henry going to Miami. A 2nd round pick for Feely and a 3rd for Gordon is just moronic. This orginization have just wasted draft picks away like crazy over the last 3 years on nothing.

I'm sure it's already been posted but I heard on the radio that Miami, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Carolina and Arizona are all interested in Henry.

In a perfect world we would trade Henry to Oakland for their high 2nd rounder. Henry isn't worth that much but Oakland may be willing to budge for it.

Henry will net 2nd round value because of his two good years. A high 2nd is too much but we may be able to squeeze it out of Oakland. Most likely Carolina's or Tampa's middle round pick would be more realistic and I would settle for that.

If all we can get is a 3rd then scratch Miami out of the question. It wouldn't be a good decision to trade him to Miami for a 3rd when 4 other teams would.

If Miami wants Travis bad enough I'd demand their 3rd round draft pick this year and their 2nd next season or tell them to look elsewhere.

Mudflap1
01-18-2005, 06:19 PM
I agree Fever.

I forgot Miami doesn't have their 2nd this year.

Jon

jamze132
01-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Okay, it's Donahoe. Hey, I have to type quickly. Some of us got work to do, ya know! ;P
I hear ya. Just messin' with ya.

qcsabresfan84
01-18-2005, 07:10 PM
I would doubt that Carolina is very interested in him. Not with Stephen Davis, Deshaun Foster, and Nick Goings all already under contract for next year. I bet they're trying to get rid of a back just like us.

BillsFever21
01-18-2005, 07:27 PM
I would doubt that Carolina is very interested in him. Not with Stephen Davis, Deshaun Foster, and Nick Goings all already under contract for next year. I bet they're trying to get rid of a back just like us.
That's what I heard on the radio. I'm just the messenger.

It's not that far from reality though. Davis is very old for a RB and Foster gets hurt a lot.

Nighthawk
01-18-2005, 09:08 PM
The difference is then we were desperate and had to try to get someone in to help us out. Now we have the draft and a whole offseason as well as FA. We know how deep the Free Agents our this year at RB. Plus i have heard three of them say they would like to play for miami. Edge,Alexander,Rudy all said they wouldnt mind playing for the phins. I know that it is unlikely we will get any of those three but we could land a play like Lamont Jordan or just use are second pick to draft Benson or another good college back.

Dude, your team needs much more than just a RB. OL, QB, defense...and special teams. Good luck with your picks...see you in the basement again!

Samphin1
01-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Dude, your team needs much more than just a RB. OL, QB, defense...and special teams. Good luck with your picks...see you in the basement again!

Uhm, Special teams was fine this year. Wes Welker returned Miami's first kickoff for a TD since the 80's and constantly put Miami in good field position. Mare was hurt so his stats look low but Turk did very well considering he had to punt every fourth offensive play. I am surprised his leg didn't fall off. OOur coverage teams have been excellent for the past couple of years. I think we had the hiccup against you guys this year where we allowed a return, but overall, I was pleased with what I saw from the special teamers. Brendan Ayanbadejo was named a Pro Bowl alternate this year as well for special teams. I think it shows we did well in that area at least.

I would agree with you on the others though, the o-line was terrible and the only backs worth keeping in my opinion are Sammy Morris ( thank you for him ) and Jamar Martin ( big blocking FB ). Feeley needs to play better next year and our DT's were depleted quickly with some devastating injuries. Assuming Chester and Bowens come back next year, we should be ok on defense, at least for another year or two, although I would like some younger DT's myself.

JUST DON"T KNOCK THE SPECIAL TEAMERS! :lol:

jmb1099
01-20-2005, 04:37 AM
Miami doesn't deserve Travis and Travis deserves to play for a much better organization than the Dolphins! IMHO