PDA

View Full Version : How about a completely new topic

ryjam282
01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Enough of the Bledsoe is gone ( :pray: ) talk, and Henry to another team stuff. How bout this situation...

Free Safety, what do you think the Bills do next year? We have Rashaad Baker, who did increasingly better as the year went on last year and he is learning from a great SS in Milloy. Then, we bring in Troy Vincent. Vincent did OK at the position as well. What do you think happens there? I believe that we try Vincent back at corner this year and see what happens with Nate in the offseason, whether he stays or goes. Discuss please....And enough with the speculation as to what happens with Drew and Travis....I think we have successfully gotten everyone's angle on the situations.

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2005, 01:21 PM
It doesn't matter who plays FS. As long as Drew is on the team, we'll still lose.

:brace:

jamze132
01-18-2005, 01:25 PM
I would like to keep Vincent at safety next year. Lets keep the same lineup we finished with this year. No one can predict what will happen when Clement's contract draws to a near, but he's going to want big bucks. Milloy too. We may have a better chance of keeping Milloy, just because he doesn't have a big as head as Clements. We seem to have some reliable depth at CB/S as long as they keep playing a little hear and there. I think Gray is doing a good job of getting the newbies some experience. As far as Vincent goes at safety. I think he will turn into a ballhawk! He won't be a big hitter but he will create turnovers.

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Enough of the Bledsoe is gone ( :pray: ) talk, and Henry to another team stuff. How bout this situation...

Free Safety, what do you think the Bills do next year? We have Rashaad Baker, who did increasingly better as the year went on last year and he is learning from a great SS in Milloy. Then, we bring in Troy Vincent. Vincent did OK at the position as well. What do you think happens there? I believe that we try Vincent back at corner this year and see what happens with Nate in the offseason, whether he stays or goes. Discuss please....And enough with the speculation as to what happens with Drew and Travis....I think we have successfully gotten everyone's angle on the situations.

????

What happens with nate? he's under contract for next season so, unless you think he's being cut, I am nto sure what you mean. I am about 98% sure our starting defensive backfield is going to be Nate-Milloy-Vincent-McGee.

not much to discuss really.

jamze132
01-18-2005, 01:26 PM
And Drew sucks.

Tatonka
01-18-2005, 01:46 PM
our secondary should stay the same.. nate and mcgee, milloy and vicent.. baker and thomas are the nickle and dime guys.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2005, 01:47 PM
I like that T.

ShadowHawk7
01-18-2005, 02:43 PM
our secondary should stay the same.. nate and mcgee, milloy and vicent.. baker and thomas are the nickle and dime guys.
And Greer.

The_Philster
01-18-2005, 04:15 PM

couldn't agree more :up:

ryjam282
01-18-2005, 04:54 PM
????

What happens with nate? he's under contract for next season so, unless you think he's being cut, I am nto sure what you mean. I am about 98% sure our starting defensive backfield is going to be Nate-Milloy-Vincent-McGee.

not much to discuss really.

Nate's contract is up after next season. He will want some big cash.

TigerJ
01-18-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm generally in agreement with the notion that the secondary should stay the same, in that, I don't think the Bills should go out and draft a guy in round 2, or sign a name player to plug in as a starter next year. If the opportunity comes along to upgrade depth at a reasonable price, however, you do it.

DaBills
01-18-2005, 06:07 PM
If I had to choose? Keep Clements and lose McGee. Out of that group above, McGee is hurting our D more than anyone. Great returner. Average at best cover guy. If that corp group from this year stays the same next year, coupled with no change in Gray's playcalling, our secondary will continue to be torn up.

Mudflap1
01-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I think McGee improved a lot at corner. I like the starting four as it stands right now. I'd like to see an upgrade over Greer though, he seemed to always get burnt.

Jon

DaBills
01-18-2005, 06:35 PM
I think McGee improved a lot at corner..

Mudflap1
01-18-2005, 06:39 PM
LOL. Touche. He was a lot better at the end of the season when he had a free safety who could actually play football back there.

Jon

DaBills
01-18-2005, 06:46 PM
LOL. Touche. He was a lot better at the end of the season when he had a free safety who could actually play football back there.

Jon

:funny:

I mean, I know the thought out there is that he's still learning the position. But the concern is legit if we change no one out there and we play the corners 5-7 yards off the WRs the majority of times. NE disrupted Manning's timing by bumping their guys and not letting them run rampant.

Mudflap1
01-18-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm not saying he's All-World at corner by any means, just that he went from pretty bad and inexperienced to a lot better by the end of the season.

Jon