PDA

View Full Version : Free agents

The_Philster
01-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Unrestricted Free Agents
T Jonas Jennings---I think we'll try to keep him if we can do it without breaking the bank
DT Pat Williams---he'll be sticking around, I'm sure :up:
OT Marcus Price----ditto...could be starting if Jennings bolts
TE Ryan Neufeld---he's been pretty solid the last few years for us but I wonder how much other teams will notice?:idunno: I think he'll stay
FS Izell Reese---with Vincent at FS and Baker learning, why keep him? :bigwave:
QB Shane Matthews---unless we pick up another veteran, I don't see the Bills not keeping him....he knows the system at least
WR Drew Haddad---might be offered the minimum to stay
LS Bradord Banta---an option to keep at least in case Dorenbos isn't fully recovered from his injury

Restricted Free Agents
CB Kevin Thomas--keep him...he's been a decent, if not spectacular nickel back
RB Joe Burns---experienced depth at RB a must
OG Mike Pucillo---why is he even here after the 2003 season is the question I have :bigwave:

Exclusive Rights Free Agents
LB Josh Stamer---we lost Polk and Stevensen out of a solid ST crew last year...no way does such a dynamic special teamer get away this year
LS Jon Dorenbos---he'll be back unless his injury prevents it

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Unrestricted Free Agents
T Jonas Jennings---I think we'll try to keep him if we can do it without breaking the bank
TE Ryan Neufeld---he's been pretty solid the last few years for us but I wonder how much other teams will notice?:idunno: I think he'll stay
QB Shane Matthews---unless we pick up another veteran, I don't see the Bills not keeping him....he knows the system at least
LS Bradord Banta---an option to keep at least in case Dorenbos isn't fully recovered from his injury

Restricted Free Agents
OG Mike Pucillo---why is he even here after the 2003 season is the question I have :bigwave:

LB Josh Stamer---we lost Polk and Stevensen out of a solid ST crew last year...no way does such a dynamic special teamer get away this year

Good Post I agree with most everything. Not sure about Neufeld... what does he bring to the team that we can't get out of a rookie? Otherwise a Top notch blocking TE would be a nice additon.. there area TOn of good TE's in FA this year.

My Order of Importance to sign is Williams, Price the Jennings... only because Price will be far cheaper and is a bargain.

DraftBoy
01-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Unrestricted Free Agents

Restricted Free Agents

Jennings, Haddad, Dorenbos, Pucillo, Reese (thank god), Neufeld, Matthews all gone the rest will be resigned

G. Host
01-18-2005, 07:39 PM
I think Burns gets cut for a younger and cheaper RB (need to save money somewhere).

Marcus Price may not want to stay since he came for a shot at starting LT and may feel he was not given that shot; if he gets another offer, even equal, he is gone.

I truly hope Pat stays but the Bills drafted his replacement (Anderson) and unless they can trade Edwards to someone.

QB Shane Matthews? Why? He did not show much and it would be better to develop a younger player. Yes they have tried in past but they have a decent QB coach now. Travis was supposed to be that development project (why I have no idea) but they can look for a lower round (not UDFA) gem now.

Other than that I agree.

And as a final gesture before draft I think Donahoe will resign Mike Pucillo, pay him to change his name to "Drew Bledsoe" and cut him so he can have his cake and eat it too! ;)

P.S. My compliation of who is signed and until when as well as key Bills FA's.
http://members.cox.net/billswatch/players.html

BillsFever21
01-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Jennings won't be back. He will want more money then he's worth and what Donahoe would pay him.

Williams will be back for a two year contract worth an average of around 3 million per season.

Price will be back with a cheap 2 or 3 year contract.

Neufeld will be gone. He's a dime a dozen and Donahoe will replace him with a cheaper late round draft pick.

No chance in hell Reese will be back.

Matthews will be back for the vet minimum.

Haddad won't be back.

Banta is 50/50 depending on Dorenbos.

Kevin Thomas will recieve the lowest RFA tender and be back for another year.

Joe Burns will recieve the lowest RFA tender and be back for another year.

Pucillo is a sitting duck.

Stamer will be back for at least another year. Could even possibly sign a cheap 3 year deal.

Dorenbos will be back if his injury isn't serious.

SABURZFAN
01-19-2005, 06:08 AM
i hope we keep PW,k.thomas,stamer,price,and matthews.if dorenbos if healthy,i hope we get him back as well.i think jennings has his heart set on atlanta and i wouldn't go out of my way to break the bank for him.we definitely need price back though.the OL is thin enough.

Jeff1220
01-19-2005, 06:58 AM
What is Atlanta's FA situation? Could they even afford to sign Jonas? PP, Dunn, and MV must eat up a pretty good amount of cap space.

Tatonka
01-19-2005, 07:15 AM
izelle reese :snicker:

juice
01-19-2005, 07:20 AM
I wonder if Coy Wire will be cut? Did he even earn a roster spot as a STer? I'd rather use his spot on Peters.. at least he made a difference on special teams.

Dr. Lecter
01-19-2005, 07:24 AM
Jennings, Haddad, Dorenbos, Pucillo, Reese (thank god), Neufeld, Matthews all gone the rest will be resigned
If Dorenbos is not hurt too bad, he needs to stay. His snaps are great and give Moorman extra time to get the punts off while mantaining his accuracy, height and length.

Iehoshua
01-19-2005, 08:02 AM
I'd hate to have to sell my Izell Reese Authentic jersey! :ill:

:rofl:

dannyek71
01-19-2005, 08:42 AM
Coy will be back. Hes a pretty good sp teams play. Joe D gets down the field alot on punts and makes decent tackles a large amount of the time. If hes not hurt too bad bring him back.

Josh Stamer is a good player for the buck......

No way Izell will be back. He recently hurt his leg pretty bad in africa running away from a lion with the rest of the herd of gazelles.....