PDA

View Full Version : Who is NOT welcome in Buffalo?

OpIv37
01-19-2005, 07:52 AM
In another thread, Clump said that Randy Moss is NOT welcome here. What other players would you absolutely refuse to sign? I'll start-

Randy Moss (of course)
Ricky Williams
Joe Horn
Eli Manning

There are probably more, but that's all I have at the moment

Iehoshua
01-19-2005, 07:55 AM
Rob Johnson.

That other QB who currently wears #11.

That's it.

clumping platelets
01-19-2005, 08:04 AM
:bravo:

clumping platelets
01-19-2005, 08:06 AM
MeShawn
David Terrell (this guy is :coocoo: )
Warren Sapp

Jeff1220
01-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Barrett Robbins

Philagape
01-19-2005, 08:16 AM
Dre .... COUGH COUGH. Ahem. Never mind.

OpIv37
01-19-2005, 08:20 AM
MeShawn
David Terrell (this guy is :coocoo: )
Warren Sapp

Good picks- I can't believe I forgot MeShawn. He's got to be my least favorite player in the NFL.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 08:24 AM
No player is unwelcomed in my book. As long as they come at a good price and are good players.

nuklz2594
01-19-2005, 08:34 AM
wasn't james lofton convicted of sexual assault and was dropped from the packers?

dannyek71
01-19-2005, 08:37 AM
In another thread, Clump said that Randy Moss is NOT welcome here. What other players would you absolutely refuse to sign? I'll start-

Randy Moss (of course)
Ricky Williams
Joe Horn
Eli Manning

Eli Manning.....??? Why the heck would you not want him?
I'd take Eli on the team in a heartbeat, youd be crazy not to assuming you could get him for a good price.

OpIv37
01-19-2005, 08:58 AM
I'd take Eli on the team in a heartbeat, youd be crazy not to assuming you could get him for a good price.

Because he's a crybaby- that whole "I'm not playing in SD-call my daddy" thing really rubbed me the wrong way. Plus, in the late season game against philly, he was taking warm-up throws in the tunnel so he didn't have to get wet on the field. What a wuss.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 08:59 AM
wasn't james lofton convicted of sexual assault and was dropped from the packers?

Yep

OpIv37
01-19-2005, 09:00 AM
No player is unwelcomed in my book. As long as they come at a good price and are good players.

I disagree with this- I think some players like Moss and Keyshawn are poison- they create such a distraction and don't contribute nearly what they could to a team. In these situations, talent doesn't translate to wins and it's just not worth their salary.

Mr. Miyagi
Jay Fiedler

Mr. Miyagi
Kurt and Brenda Warner

THATHURMANATOR
Because he's a crybaby- that whole "I'm not playing in SD-call my daddy" thing really rubbed me the wrong way. Plus, in the late season game against philly, he was taking warm-up throws in the tunnel so he didn't have to get wet on the field. What a wuss.

John Elway did the same thing to the Colts.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Brian Cox

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 09:44 AM
I disagree with this- I think some players like Moss and Keyshawn are poison- they create such a distraction and don't contribute nearly what they could to a team. In these situations, talent doesn't translate to wins and it's just not worth their salary.

Why are they Poison. I remember Keyshawn winning a superbowl don't you?

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Brian Cox

Back in the day I would have agreed with you but lately Cox has changed his tune on pregame shows and even has had good things to say about Buffalo and the Bills.

OpIv37
01-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Why are they Poison. I remember Keyshawn winning a superbowl don't you?

remember "just give me the damn ball"? remember him holding out for a bigger salary when he wasn't even the best receiver on his team? remember him being cut in the middle of the season? That's the kind of garbage I'm glad the Bills don't have to deal with.

He's been on one winning team. The Jets sucked when he was there, the Bucs won the Super Bowl then sucked the following season and the Cowboys suck now.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 09:50 AM
Kurt and Brenda Warner

No kurt but I would certaintly take Brenda :naughty:

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 09:51 AM
remember "just give me the damn ball"? remember him holding out for a bigger salary when he wasn't even the best receiver on his team? remember him being cut in the middle of the season? That's the kind of garbage I'm glad the Bills don't have to deal with.

He's been on one winning team. The Jets sucked when he was there, the Bucs won the Super Bowl then sucked the following season and the Cowboys suck now.

I would trade anything to win just one Superbowl.....

OpIv37
01-19-2005, 09:59 AM
I would trade anything to win just one Superbowl.....

If it were a guarantee... I would agree with you. If we knew bringing Moss or Keyshawn in would give the offense the boost it needs to win the SB, I'd say go for it. We could deal with the BS for a season or two to get the big one.

But the problem is that it's not a guarantee. You never know when these guys are going to ruin team chemistry or take a few plays off, or in Moss' case get arrested. Look at the teams that are winning now- with the exception of TO in Philly, none of the four teams in the championship game have these headcase players.

Tatonka
01-19-2005, 10:09 AM
i dont care who he mooned or when he walked off the field.. moss wants to win.. and gets pissed when he doesnt.. i would take the best wr to ever play the game.. call me crazy.. is he an annoying ass showboat? yeah.. but i would take him, no doubt.

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Hell no, especially Brenda. :shakeno:

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 10:23 AM
If it were a guarantee... I would agree with you. If we knew bringing Moss or Keyshawn in would give the offense the boost it needs to win the SB, I'd say go for it. We could deal with the BS for a season or two to get the big one.

But the problem is that it's not a guarantee. You never know when these guys are going to ruin team chemistry or take a few plays off, or in Moss' case get arrested. Look at the teams that are winning now- with the exception of TO in Philly, none of the four teams in the championship game have these headcase players.

Moss is good enough that I would still take him with his baggage. Again I am saying this only if it was a good deal.

OpIv37
01-19-2005, 10:23 AM
i dont care who he mooned or when he walked off the field.. moss wants to win.. and gets pissed when he doesnt.. i would take the best wr to ever play the game.. call me crazy.. is he an annoying ass showboat? yeah.. but i would take him, no doubt.

I think the mooning thing was blown out of proportion, but the walking off the field thing and screwing up the fake FG- that's what bothers me. It shows a lack of commitment IMO.

BTW I think Jerry Rice is the best ever.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 10:24 AM

I agree 100%

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 10:24 AM
I think the mooning thing was blown out of proportion, but the walking off the field thing and screwing up the fake FG- that's what bothers me. It shows a lack of commitment IMO.

No one is saying that Moss is the best ever just the best right now.

Ickybaluky
01-19-2005, 10:48 AM
There was no bigger nutjob than Charles Haley, but the guy won 5 Super Bowls.

Duane Thomas, Lyle Alzado, Dexter Manley, Lawrence Taylor, John Riggins.

There have been a ton of guys with questionable character who still won, because they were talented football players.

A guy like Moss would help any team win. As for the off-field issues, you just need a head coach that can handle it and get the guy to buy into his program. If you have that, then you can take a headcase.

SABURZFAN
01-19-2005, 11:21 AM
ricky williams

we don't need quitters on this team.

SABURZFAN
01-19-2005, 11:23 AM

:ill:

:puke:

SABURZFAN
01-19-2005, 11:28 AM
There was no bigger nutjob than Charles Haley, but the guy won 5 Super Bowls.

Duane Thomas, Lyle Alzado, Dexter Manley, Lawrence Taylor, John Riggins.

There have been a ton of guys with questionable character who still won, because they were talented football players.

A guy like Moss would help any team win. As for the off-field issues, you just need a head coach that can handle it and get the guy to buy into his program. If you have that, then you can take a headcase.

you can throw john matuszak in there.hell,the Raiders of the 70's were a bunch of characters.madden was a sight to look at when he was walking up and down the sidelines.i was waiting for him to drop dead.

Typ0
01-19-2005, 11:33 AM

What distractions? Moss created a distraction for you and you assume it's a distraction for the team. Both the players and coaches know how Moss is and I'm sure they are used to it and take it with a grain of salt. If anything, Moss creates a distraction for the media and that takes pressure off the team. In the locker room, they are probably laughing their asses off about the whole situation and patting Moss on the back for taking some of the media pressure of the team as a whole.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Good point Typo.

Why are people so uptight?

The Natrix
01-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Other than players who just suck, David Boston is the only player with skills who I wouldn't want on the Bills. He's just so much of a douche. I would be embarrassed.

BAM
01-19-2005, 11:39 AM
I would take Moss in a heartbeat... let alone Terrell Owens, Joe Horn or Meshawn. All are damn good WR's and would only help our chances of winning a SB.

Typ0
01-19-2005, 11:41 AM
What we could use more than a high priced receiver...is a QB who could get the receivers we have the ball.

Ebenezer
01-19-2005, 11:42 AM
I would take Moss in a heartbeat... let alone Terrell Owens, Joe Horn or Meshawn. All are damn good WR's and would only help our chances of winning a SB.
grand total of SBs between them?? 1...and Keyshawn barely played a role in that...

BAM
01-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Yah I know. DIdn't say they've been there just said they could help us get there. IMO. All great players that have been on pretty ****ty teams most of their careers.

Ebenezer
01-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Yah I know. DIdn't say they've been there just said they could help us get there. IMO. All great players that have been on pretty ****ty teams most of their careers.
I agree but people want to use the argument that DB can never lead us to the "Big one" because he "can't win the big one" and all that crap...same hold here...these players have never helped get their team into a SB...no proof that they can...

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Don't agree. Moss helps this team.

dannyek71
01-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Brenda looks like a man!

wooow

Valerie
01-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Good picks- I can't believe I forgot MeShawn. He's got to be my least favorite player in the NFL.
I've got MeShawn on my other team. :wail: I never liked him. I also have Vinnie Testaverde. :wail: :wail: It's no wonder the Cowboys suck! :down:

Tatonka
01-19-2005, 01:36 PM

the mooning thing was blown way out of proportion.. but so was the rest of it.. he started walking to the locker room after his team was embarrassed again with basically no time left.. i am sure if they got an onside kick, he would have been back immediately..

and the fake field goal.. he was on the field.. he was lined up.. and his TEAM waved him off the field.. the announcers on the radio interviewed chris carter after the game, who was right there on the sidelines talking to moss and tice.. moss sat on the bench pissed off because his team called him off the field.. so he came off and it screwed teh play up..

first off.. it was a horrible ****ing call.. typical by tice.. but horrible none the less.. if your going to throw a jump ball to moss, let cpep do it.. second.. how is it his fault that his team told him to line up then called him off the field?

as far as moss being the best ever.. rice is currently the best wr in nfl history.. but look at mosses numbers.. he is destroying most of rices records along the way and when he is all said and done.. he will own pretty much ever record and will retire as the best ever..

shame moss doesnt have the class rice DID.. rice is nothing more than a record hungry, embarrassing, guttless tird now.. throwing temper tantrums when he doesnt catch the ball.. trying to hang on to a few more paychecks and his highly diminished skills like the last few strands of hair on his ancient head.. imho, he is tarnishing his legacy.. stunts like calling steve largent and putting him on the spot to give up his number 80 that had been retired and all that ****.. rice is a ***** now..

as a matter of fact.. you can put rice on my list of *****es that cant play on this team.

:up:

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Brenda looks like a man!

wooow

Heres my girl.

dannyek71
01-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Heres my girl.
Nice Haircut....I see she was just discharged from the Marines....

Tatonka
01-19-2005, 02:06 PM
are you sure she has a vagina?

Ebenezer
01-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Nice Haircut....I see she was just discharged from the Marines....
the marines are less of a man than she is...

Ebenezer
01-19-2005, 02:08 PM
are you sure she has a vagina?
natural or surgically constructed??? better to karyotype the chromosomes...

Tatonka
01-19-2005, 02:11 PM
surgical and vagina dont belong in the same thread..

never mind.. i am not horny from the usc cheerleaders anymore.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 02:12 PM
surgical and vagina dont belong in the same thread..

never mind.. i am not horny from the usc cheerleaders anymore.

DAMMIT EB!

Ebenezer
01-19-2005, 02:19 PM
DAMMIT EB!
:D

dannyek71
01-19-2005, 02:37 PM
the marines are less of a man than she is...
lol good point....

Anyone else she looks like John Parella
http://www.sandiegomag.com/issues/february01/images/parella.jpg

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 02:38 PM
no.

jamze132
01-19-2005, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't want Drew Bledsoe or Ryan Lindell. Those guys are cancers to a team.

Dozerdog
01-19-2005, 05:11 PM

If you signed your star WR to a $75 million contract, and then 4 weeks later he tells the press "I'll play when I want to play" ...what would your reaction be?

jamze132
01-19-2005, 05:29 PM
If you signed your star WR to a $75 million contract, and then 4 weeks later he tells the press "I'll play when I want to play" ...what would your reaction be?

My reaction would be to tell Drew to leave.

Dozerdog
01-19-2005, 05:34 PM
That made absolutely no sense whatsoever

The Natrix
01-19-2005, 05:45 PM

:rofl:

jamze132
01-19-2005, 05:47 PM
That made absolutely no sense whatsoever

It wasn't supposed to.

Ickybaluky
01-19-2005, 06:20 PM

If he has a coach that can handle him, he plays every play. You can take a guy who is a bit of a headcase if the coach (and for that matter, the other players on the team) can get him to buy into his program.

Look at Corey Dillon. He was viewed as one of the most selfish guys in the NFL in Cincinnati for his entire career. After being traded to NE, he has become the offensive MVP of the Pats, and a consumate team guy.

Moss has matured a lot since first entering the league, and he still is the most physically dominant WR in the NFL (although he was slowed by injury this year). Granted, he is stil prone to occasional immaturity, but it isn't like he is getting caught taking drugs or raping women.

I'd take Moss on the Pats in a heartbeat. With team leaders the Patriots have he would get with the program.

The_Philster
01-19-2005, 06:21 PM
:puke: I thought you had better taste than that, man

:lolpoint:

I've got MeShawn on my other team. :wail: I never liked him. I also have Vinnie Testaverde. :wail: :wail: It's no wonder the Cowboys suck! :down:

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I do!

JD
01-19-2005, 09:26 PM

Randy Moss (of course)
Ricky Williams
Joe Horn
Eli Manning

Norwood.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-19-2005, 10:02 PM
I cant believe no said Micheal Irvin.. At least I didnt see it.. This guy has to be the biggest mouth that doesnt play football..

The_Philster
01-20-2005, 04:52 AM
Norwood.

Scotty was a pretty good kicker...just no long distance ability

SABURZFAN
01-20-2005, 06:39 AM
If he has a coach that can handle him, he plays every play. You can take a guy who is a bit of a headcase if the coach (and for that matter, the other players on the team) can get him to buy into his program.

Look at Corey Dillon. He was viewed as one of the most selfish guys in the NFL in Cincinnati for his entire career. After being traded to NE, he has become the offensive MVP of the Pats, and a consumate team guy.

the cincy organization isn't the greatest either.i honestly think that you and i could do a better job than that bunch they have in the front office.dillon wasn't getting the vote of confidence with the emerging r.johnson.it doesn't surprise me that dillon has performed as well as he has.he just wanted a chance to go someplace to start,not be caught up in a Training Camp battle.new england got the steal of the century in that trade.he still has about 3-4 years of production left.

OpIv37
01-20-2005, 07:43 AM
Cincy's definitely on the way up, but they were in the middle of a 15 year losing trend when Dillon was there. In that situation, I can't blame a star player for being selfish- he knows he's not going to win with the crap around him- all he can hope for is good individual stats that will eventually lead to a big paycheck or a chance to win somewhere else.

Tatonka
01-20-2005, 07:45 AM

i would say randy.. i am glad your a bill.. and i appreciate the 1700 yards and 24 tds you contributed in your first year as a bill.

:D

Michael82
01-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Rob Johnson
Keyshawn Johnson
Ryan Leaf
Ricky Williams
Deion Sanders
Randy Moss...not worth the trouble

dannyek71
01-20-2005, 02:38 PM
The vaseline TD uses when thinking of how great Drew is....thats not welcome....

imbondz
01-20-2005, 08:51 PM
i'm with Thurm, I don't care who it is as long as he helps the Bills win.

PUCKER
01-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Warren Sapp
Tom Brady
Meshawn Johnson

BADTHINGSMAN
01-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Jay Fiedler
David Boston

Iehoshua
01-20-2005, 11:04 PM
The vaseline TD uses when thinking of how great Drew is....thats not welcome....

:rofl:

With today's statements, perhaps TD is throwing it away...

:pray:

:mex:

tampabay25690
01-21-2005, 12:09 AM

Y not Joe Horn he is a great WR, just becasue he uses his cell phone!!!! :posrep:

rtconner
01-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Marsha Brady is not ever welcome here. I resign as a Bills fan if we sign him.