PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Interested in Henry?

justasportsfan
01-19-2005, 08:25 AM
http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBZLEYW44E.html

TAMPA - The Bucs are trying to make Travis Henry part of a revamped rushing attack. At least, that is what Henry has been told.
Henry, who has been given permission to seek a trade from the Buffalo Bills, told The Palm Beach Post on Monday that he has learned the Bucs are one of five teams expressing interest in trading for him.

Cool, who do we want from their team? Is Rob still w/ them I'd trade TH for him in a heartbeat :puke:

Patrick76777
01-19-2005, 08:33 AM

TAMPA - The Bucs are trying to make Travis Henry part of a revamped rushing attack. At least, that is what Henry has been told.
Henry, who has been given permission to seek a trade from the Buffalo Bills, told The Palm Beach Post on Monday that he has learned the Bucs are one of five teams expressing interest in trading for him.

Cool, who do we want from their team? Is Rob still w/ them I'd trade TH for him in a heartbeat :puke:

Wow! This could be good! I know some people are fixated on Miami for some odd reason but this is like the 5th or 6th team to show interest. We may be able to start a bidding war and get something really nice out of this.

I know there are a ton of FA’s out there but all of those FA’s, Alexander, James et al. are going to be demanding crazy contracts. Big time bucks. Travis can be had for his current salary which by NFL standards is Chicken Scratch! I could see a team giving up a early 2nd rounder to get a bone fide NFL starting running back at a discount price for a season.

And you say the draft is loaded with backs. That’s a crap shoot. Those guys could suck just as easily as they could be great. With Travis, these teams know they’re getting a proven commodity who is angry. Nothing better than an Angry running back!

This is really starting to look good for the Bills. I say we start offering Henry and a mid to late rounder for another teams 1st!

dannyek71
01-19-2005, 08:58 AM

Rob hasnt been with them for 2 years, hes not even in the league anymore. Im just glad i got to see him play for the skins last year. When he got sacked the place totally erupted....was amazing.....

justasportsfan
01-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Rob hasnt been with them for 2 years, hes not even in the league anymore. Im just glad i got to see him play for the skins last year. When he got sacked the place totally erupted....was amazing.....I knew that. His older brother was our QB last year.:D.

FTG
01-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Sounds like Travis' agent is telling him to run his mouth in the paper of every city that has shown any interest at all in him to try and drive up the price. Oakland paper will prolly have a Henry article tomorrow.

Iehoshua
01-19-2005, 09:04 AM
I knew that. His older brother was our QB last year.:D.

:chuckle:

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Tampa also has like four picks in the top 100.

tampabay25690
01-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Yea I can see Travis with Tampa next year, they have a lot of picks this year!!!!!!

And Travis would make a great fit here in Tampa, and it would make me happy to be able to watch him here!!!

jamze132
01-19-2005, 05:19 PM
If we can't get Tampa's 2nd round #5, than I say no.

DraftBoy
01-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Can anybody actually break down Tampa's picks?

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 06:16 PM

Bledsoe and RJ are brothers??? Holy S I never knew that.

TigerJ
01-19-2005, 10:00 PM
At least they have some value to make the trade.

tampabay25690
01-19-2005, 11:22 PM
This is very serious down here now. I have heard rumors all day on the radio down here that the Bucs will be willing to give up a 2nd rounder for Henry......

doug45
01-20-2005, 07:42 AM

:roflmao:

SABURZFAN
01-20-2005, 04:09 PM
The Palm Beach Post on Monday that he has learned the Bucs are one of five teams expressing interest in trading for him.

i like that. :up:

i figured arizona,oakland,and miami.i wonder who the other two are.

tbone2005orbust
01-21-2005, 10:24 AM
carolina and tampa bay.

Jayhawk
01-21-2005, 10:36 AM
next seattle will report looking at him, and indy will.