PDA

View Full Version : Leinert

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 08:33 AM
I was listening to the radio to Colin Cowherd. He was talking about Leinerts decision to stay in school. He said that he had spoke to some NFL executives that said that by staying it has really hurt his draft stock. The reason they give was that he seems to be indifferent towards the NFL. Talk about being hypocritical. They go to court over guys coming out after Freshman or Sophmore year, but if the player is eligible and doesn't come out they get penalized for that too????

Patrick76777
01-19-2005, 08:35 AM
I was listening to the radio to Colin Cowherd. He was talking about Leinerts decision to stay in school. He said that he had spoke to some NFL executives that said that by staying it has really hurt his draft stock. The reason they give was that he seems to be indifferent towards the NFL. Talk about being hypocritical. They go to court over guys coming out after Freshman or Sophmore year, but if the player is eligible and doesn't come out they get penalized for that too????

Hey what's the over/Under on USC chicks this dude is going to be banging this year????

Earthquake Enyart
01-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Hey what's the over/Under on USC chicks this dude is going to be banging this year????
I was just going to say that he stayed in school for one reason...... punani.

And Colin Cowherd is an idiot.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 08:38 AM

I hear you, but how many chicks do you think he is banging as the first pick of the NFL and as a Millionaire.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 08:39 AM

And Colin Cowherd is an idiot.

He is decent. At least his show is mostly football.

nuklz2594
01-19-2005, 08:41 AM
draft stock for someone like him means nothing. let's say he has to end his career at usc in a full body cast--he will still be drafted in the first round or early second. look at willis mahgee. wait til his contract needs to be re-negotiated--ouch babe!

Patrick76777
01-19-2005, 08:45 AM
I hear you, but how many chicks do you think he is banging as the first pick of the NFL and as a Millionaire.

Yeah, but I'm talking USC College chicks. Not San Francisco bar hags!

Earthquake Enyart
01-19-2005, 08:49 AM
A couple of those cheerleaders could go a long way.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 08:49 AM
It would be a tough choice for sure.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 08:51 AM
draft stock for someone like him means nothing. let's say he has to end his career at usc in a full body cast--he will still be drafted in the first round or early second. look at willis mahgee. wait til his contract needs to be re-negotiated--ouch babe!

There is a HUGE monetary difference between going first overall and even 15th overall.

Gunzlingr
01-19-2005, 09:00 AM
In SF, they have a 75% chance of being dudes in drag :ill:

Patrick76777
01-19-2005, 09:07 AM
A couple of those cheerleaders could go a long way.

those USC Cheerleaders in those little Sweaters! OMG!!!!!! They make the Cans look so big!

Earthquake Enyart
01-19-2005, 09:08 AM
And their tans....:drool:

justasportsfan
01-19-2005, 09:10 AM
.Yup, they gave him a suite w/ mirrors , jacuzzi, and vibrating bed located at the ladies dorm.

Patrick76777
01-19-2005, 09:14 AM

Yep, So Hot!

Iehoshua
01-19-2005, 09:16 AM
He is decent. At least his show is mostly football.

I like Colin because he's the only ESPN employee I know of who isn't a Yankee hater...

Patrick76777
01-19-2005, 09:19 AM

Nice

Typ0
01-19-2005, 11:26 AM

I think it was very boneheaded to not go into the NFL...college will always be there for him. Once he was drafted and signed a contract he also could have gotten better insurance on his career and assured in one form or another he and his family were going to be very well off. The risk of career ending injury alone should push anyone into the NFL that has the opprotunity not to mention being a number one pick. Additionally, his career earnings will be tied to his initial contract...and he was going to go number one this year. There is a huge difference in salary from a number one to a low first or second if he suffers an injury. Yeah, those cheerleaders are quite hot...but I categorize this decision as blatant stupidity.

finsrclowns
01-19-2005, 11:57 AM
I think it was very boneheaded to not go into the NFL...college will always be there for him. Once he was drafted and signed a contract he also could have gotten better insurance on his career and assured in one form or another he and his family were going to be very well off. The risk of career ending injury alone should push anyone into the NFL that has the opprotunity not to mention being a number one pick. Additionally, his career earnings will be tied to his initial contract...and he was going to go number one this year. There is a huge difference in salary from a number one to a low first or second if he suffers an injury. Yeah, those cheerleaders are quite hot...but I categorize this decision as blatant stupidity.

I disagree. Leinart has a chance to do something at USC that's never been done before- win three national championships in a row. And he also has a great chance to become only the second college player in history to win two straight Heisman's. If he does, he has a chance to be considered the greatest college player ever. That's something money can't buy and who's to say he's wrong for wanting a piece of immortality? The risk of a career ending injury is pretty small. He is having the time of his life and going back later to college is certainly not the same. The money and pro football will be there for him next year, and he is not even that worried about the money in any case. To me that's not stupid, it's refreshing. I say good for you Matt, gutsy move! :clap:

Typ0
01-19-2005, 12:35 PM
A chance for this or a chance for that....and all you have to do is forgo millions in the bank just to get the chance....hmm...tough decision.

SoCalBillsFan
01-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Like I said in the other thread...if money is the most important thing, he made the wrong decision. If him being happy is what's important, he made the right one.

I can't count that high

and the cheerleaders (we call them "song girls") are awesome...

Typ0
01-19-2005, 12:45 PM
He could go to the NFL and keep banging the cheerleaders.

finsrclowns
01-19-2005, 12:45 PM
A chance for this or a chance for that....and all you have to do is forgo millions in the bank just to get the chance....hmm...tough decision.

All I'll add is.....bookmark this thread for a year from now....we'll see how stupid Leinart turns out to be. :wave:

Typ0
01-19-2005, 12:47 PM
yeah we will...he's got to win the heisman and a national championship this year to get back to where he is right now. That's a tall order. Personally, I don't think he will be that great of an NFL QB anyway.

Shasta McNasty
01-19-2005, 12:54 PM
It would be a tough choice for sure.

Thurm, seriously though, whose hands would you prefer to be snapping into, Brady or Leinert?

Tatonka
01-19-2005, 01:11 PM
i am horny now

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 01:27 PM
All I'll add is.....bookmark this thread for a year from now....we'll see how stupid Leinart turns out to be. :wave:

On the financial side Leinart is stupid for doing this no matter what happens. He most likely will be lucky and not get hurt but that doesn't take away from him taking this huge risk.

However as SoCalBillsFan has said that Leinart may not be interested in the money(I find that hard to believe) so on this side his decision is always right.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Thurm, seriously though, whose hands would you prefer to be snapping into, Brady or Leinert?

Yours.

TedMock
01-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Thurm, where'd you get that picture? It's awesome. :roflmao:

Mudflap1
01-19-2005, 02:15 PM
I could be wrong, but I think that Leinart already comes from a family that is in pretty good financial shape as it is. Of course, the NFL would bring mega-millions, but I just don't think he's in any hurry. I agree, I thought the same thing a week or two ago, "how could he NOT go pro?" But he seems like a guy who has different priorities. Football is one of them, but PRO football over COLLEGE football right now isn't one of them. He's enjoying the college experience, college games, college parties, college girls, and he figures why not have one more year of it if he most certainly can? I'm sure he figures he'll have a good year, possibly an immortal one, and he'll still go pro next year, still be a very high pick, still get mega-millions, and so on. Think about it, USC was pretty mediocre for years. His freshman year, Carson Palmer and USC finish #3, and the team is brought back to national prominence. His sophomore year, he leads the team to the National Championship. His junior year, he leads the team to the National Championship and wins the Heisman. So far, so good. In fact, it doesn't really get any better than that, does it? Next year, USC is almost a lock to be #1 again pre-season, and who the heck would bet against them to rampage through everybody and win it all again? He's the ULTIMATE "Big Man On Campus." If he's having fun, why not I guess? To each their own. This all from a Bruins fan...

Plus, you don't think the alumni already set up an insurance fund or trust fund for this guy so that if he came back one more year and got hurt, he'd still make a ton of money? Pleeeeeeeeease.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Thurm, where'd you get that picture? It's awesome. :roflmao:

My buddy at work emailed it to me!

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2005, 02:35 PM
I could be wrong, but I think that Leinart already comes from a family that is in pretty good financial shape as it is. Of course, the NFL would bring mega-millions, but I just don't think he's in any hurry. I agree, I thought the same thing a week or two ago, "how could he NOT go pro?" But he seems like a guy who has different priorities. Football is one of them, but PRO football over COLLEGE football right now isn't one of them. He's enjoying the college experience, college games, college parties, college girls, and he figures why not have one more year of it if he most certainly can? I'm sure he figures he'll have a good year, possibly an immortal one, and he'll still go pro next year, still be a very high pick, still get mega-millions, and so on. Think about it, USC was pretty mediocre for years. His freshman year, Carson Palmer and USC finish #3, and the team is brought back to national prominence. His sophomore year, he leads the team to the National Championship. His junior year, he leads the team to the National Championship and wins the Heisman. So far, so good. In fact, it doesn't really get any better than that, does it? Next year, USC is almost a lock to be #1 again pre-season, and who the heck would bet against them to rampage through everybody and win it all again? He's the ULTIMATE "Big Man On Campus." If he's having fun, why not I guess? To each their own. This all from a Bruins fan...

Plus, you don't think the alumni already set up an insurance fund or trust fund for this guy so that if he came back one more year and got hurt, he'd still make a ton of money? Pleeeeeeeeease.

Jon
Good points.

ShadowHawk7
01-19-2005, 03:16 PM
mmmmmmmm, cheerleaders

TheBrownBear
01-20-2005, 11:29 AM
those USC Cheerleaders in those little Sweaters! OMG!!!!!! They make the Cans look so big!
As a UCLA grad, TheBrownBear can verify that their cans don't just "look big"! USC might be a craphole in the ghetto, but it has the finest women I've ever seen.

SoCalBillsFan
01-20-2005, 02:44 PM
As a UCLA grad,

suddenly everything about thebrownbear has been explained...

:D :jk: