PDA

View Full Version : PFW about the Bills' future

Jeff1220
01-19-2005, 11:50 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/Features/2004/holbrook011805.htm

The team’s unprecedented run in franchise history from Week 11 to Week 16, when the Bills scored 33 or more points in every game and totaled 228 points with 26 takeaways, was incredible. To see the offensive line finally jell, to see RB Willis McGahee and WR Lee Evans emerge as dependable, productive offensive threats, to see QB Drew Bledsoe run the offense efficiently, to see reverses and flea-flickers and direct snaps to backs proved that Mularkey and offensive coordinator Tom Clements have the wherewithal to build a productive offense.

G. Host
01-19-2005, 12:22 PM
And the emergence of a honest-to-goodness return threat in the kicking game was something Bills fans hadn’t seen in years. In fact, the special teams can be credited with turning around Buffalo’s season and keeping things going in the right direction until the offense and defense hit their stride.

That was the key IMO. Both offense and defense had serious letdowns during year but special teams were steady if not special. What was the worse special teams we saw other than missed FGs? I do not recall and returns for TDs.

jamze132
01-19-2005, 05:16 PM
I don't know about the "Drew running the offense" part. I would say he sort of was just out there as the extra guy on the field since ya gotta have 11. Funny...#11 ha... ha... I wonder if thats why he picked that number.