PDA

View Full Version : Can this guy play LT if we lose Jennings?

justasportsfan
01-19-2005, 12:51 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_19483598.shtml

Guard Mike Wahle almost certainly will be cut by the Packers before the March 2 deadline and allowed to become an unrestricted free agent. While Wahle is one of the Packers’ most valuable commodities, he will carry a salary cap number for next season that is far too high for the team to keep him

Na, we can't afford him anyways.

McGee
01-19-2005, 12:57 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I heard Marco Rivera could be cut/FA as well.

Ebenezer
01-19-2005, 01:07 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I heard Marco Rivera could be cut/FA as well.
they would both be welcomed additions to this line.

Mudflap1
01-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Get him, or Rivera. Who cares if it's expensive, OL is THE biggest priority for this team right now...

Yes, Drew is a big liability, and we need another 3rd receiver and kicker, etc etc., but at least Losman has a shot to take the job, they can still get a 3rd receiver who won't be super expensive, and a kicker.

Tom Donahoe: UPGRADE THE LINE PLEASE!

Jon

ryven
01-19-2005, 01:14 PM
I dont think we would have enough money to sign both but one or the other would be great.

McGee
01-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Jan. 19 - The Packers offensive line could take a serious hit this off-season. OG Mike Wahle will likely be cut before the March 2 deadline because as the second highest-paid player behind QB Brett Favre, he'd count $11.375 million against next year's cap. Three-time Pro Bowl G Marco Rivera will become a free agent.

"I can't imagine going out there and not seeing Marco or Wally," coach Mike Sherman said in the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "That's a possibility, but hopefully we can work through those issues. I visited with both of them before they left and just tried to make sure that we had an open line of communication."

Wahle hopes to remain with the Packers but not if Favre retires and the team has to muddle through a rebuilding process.

"That will make a difference," Wahle told the newspaper. "I want to be on a team that will be able to contend for a Super Bowl.Source = ESPN IN Rumor Central.

dannyek71
01-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Both are better than what we have. However, Id like to see us get someone younger if possible

jamze132
01-19-2005, 05:36 PM
I would be glad to pick up either of those two. Yeah, age is a factor, but they will put in a couple good seasons while we have a chance to draft and play some younger guys to takeover in 07'-08'. Maybe later.