PDA

View Full Version : Any Bills fans rooting AGAINST the Bills???

lordofgun
11-25-2002, 10:21 PM
Honest question, give me an honest answer...

Obviously there are some coaches who need to be shown the door...

So my question is do you want the Bills to lose from here on out so those guys will be fired?

OR

Do you want us to win a few more, finish with a .500 or better record, and maybe even sneak into the playoffs, therefore assuring that these coaches will be around at least another year?

Pick your poison.

Sabre Ally
11-25-2002, 10:55 PM
I could never root against the team. For one thing, losing does NOT guarantee that the coaches would be gone. Winning does not guarantee that the coaches would be retained. Those kind of decisions are at the whim of ... um, whoever makes those decisions. LOL. Ralph?

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-25-2002, 11:02 PM
There's no way I could root for them to lose like that.

venis2k1
11-26-2002, 12:02 AM
I think the coaches are out anyways. But i would never root for the dolphins or the pats or the bungles or the chargers(after what happened last year). let alone against the bills.

WG
11-26-2002, 12:26 AM
Unless it meant the first pick in the draft, what true fan would root against them?

I have little hope that they'll win, but to root against them for no apparent reason is just wrong. Besides, if the coaches can turn things around over the last 5, then great. Fewer issues going into next season. Why have more issues to start out next year.

6-10 final.

We should be rooting for wins simply to keep the Pats from getting a top pick. 5-11 and they'd get a top 10 pick easily.

justasportsfan
11-26-2002, 01:30 AM
the question should be redirected to finfans. I'm sure half of them root against their own team.

northernbillfan
11-26-2002, 01:56 AM
Where's Absolutely NOT???

The coaching staff will defintely have some changes in the off season, regardless of our final record.

DIHARD2
11-26-2002, 02:32 AM
I don't know how you can use the word fan and rooting for your team lose in the same paragraph? If changes are needed in the coaching staff just like Sabre Ally says, it wouldn't matter if we have wins or losses. I believe that Donahoe is smart enough to recognize any lack of efficiency by any coach including G. W..

So to answer your question!! NO TRUE FAN can ever root for their team to lose.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

shelby
11-26-2002, 03:47 AM
no way could i ever root against the Bills. i may :angry: about them, but i want them to win.
Hopefully RW and TD will make the necessary adjustments in the offseason.
in the meantime.......
:gobills:

The_Philster
11-26-2002, 04:47 AM
I see we have one vote rooting against them. That's what you get when you have Fish Fans here. No Bills fan worth his/her salt would ever root against them.

don137
11-26-2002, 05:25 AM
I do not want New England to get a top 10 pick. Plus, it's in my blood to root for the Bills.
I do have to admit though, last year a small part of me was hoping we lost to Carolina so we could draft Peppers which we would of got if we lost that game but when we won and I was happy.

lunatic_bills_fan
11-26-2002, 06:07 AM
If anyone here roots agaisnt the bills then Im gonna hunt you down AND!!!!!!!!!!! :stick:

I just want to see what the team (including coaches) play like, when we are mathematically out of it. With no pressure, sometimes you find out some different things about your team.

:gobills:

SABURZFAN
11-26-2002, 06:08 AM
i may criticize the coaches or the play of certain players but there's no way in hell that i'd root against the BILLS.i'm going to overlook that one vote that would and assume that it was someone who trolled in here and didn't have the balls to admit that they would.a true BILLS fan would never root against the BILLS unless the team skipped town like a thief in the night.

fabolouspaul
11-26-2002, 09:53 AM
i bet wcoastfin was the one that voted no.

THATHURMANATOR
11-26-2002, 11:30 AM
I could never root against the Bills no matter what.

The Natrix
11-26-2002, 11:45 AM
no way would I ever root against the Bills even if us and cinnci were 0-15 and the #1 pick in the draft was the highest rated prospect ever.

WG
11-26-2002, 11:49 AM
BTW, rooting against them and hoping they lose are two different things. No one here would "root against them", but hoping that we lose a game, like last season when we were long out of it anyway, is different. That's hoping for something for the long-term betterment of the team.

Kind of like hoping you lose the last game of the season so that you don't have to go play in G.B. but Tampa instead or something like that. It's the overall concern for that team that's important.

TigerJ
11-26-2002, 08:58 PM
If the Bills win, I have no particular axe to grind against the coaches. In the case the Bills start to win, shouldn't the coaching staff get some credit for turning things around in the manner of Herman Edwards in NY. My nature is that I want people to succeed. That's why I rooted for Rob Johnson. If he had succeeded, then the Bills whould have been better for it. He didn't and that's water over the dam, but as long as Gregg Williams is the coach, I will hope he succeeds and with him the Bills. It doesn't bother me that some are speculating about his successor already. I have thought about that too, but I really hope that people don't write GW off just because he turned them off a year and a half ago and they just don't like him now. People can change and grow, and coaches can learn to coach better.

WG
11-26-2002, 09:04 PM
Excellent points there Tiger!!!

I agree completely. Especially on the RJ thing. I had not personal liking for him, but just felt he could play. Obviously I was incorrect about his ability to correct the "errors of his ways."

:tugatshirtcollarnervously:

If the Bills do improve, and against that schedule, then you are correct, they should be given credit. Consider also, that Gilbride has been handed the keys to a Cadillac here. So if the improvement were to come solely as what would be an extremely bizarre turn of events, the improvement of the D, yet the O still continued to put up only 13, 16, or 17 points, then I would attribute all of that improvement to the D.

If the O starts lighting it up as it should b/c we start focusing our O on Henry and the strength of his rushing, then that will take the heat off of Gilbride. While everyone is down on Gray, as am I, I do wonder in the back of my head how much the lack of talent has to do w/ the Bills' overall defensive ineffectiveness? Obviously it's a factor. Then again, our D is playing worse than it did last season, even w/ a year of "understanding" under the players' belts, a year of general experience and 'improvement.'

It's definitely a head-scratcher.

Novacane
11-26-2002, 09:10 PM
I could never root against them either and especailly against the fish!

German
11-26-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by DIHARD2
I don't know how you can use the word fan and rooting for your team lose in the same paragraph? If changes are needed in the coaching staff just like Sabre Ally says, it wouldn't matter if we have wins or losses. I believe that Donahoe is smart enough to recognize any lack of efficiency by any coach including G. W..

So to answer your question!! NO TRUE FAN can ever root for their team to lose.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

:10: Couldn't have said it better myself.

Andrea1234
11-26-2002, 11:30 PM
i would never go anyother team but the bills GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!