PDA

View Full Version : Henry: Bucs Express Interest

The_Philster
01-19-2005, 06:41 PM
The Bucs are trying to make Travis Henry part of a revamped rushing attack. At least, that is what Henry has been told.
Henry, who has been given permission to seek a trade from the Buffalo Bills, told The Palm Beach Post on Monday that he has learned the Bucs are one of five teams expressing interest in trading for him...more (http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBZLEYW44E.html)

jdenning
01-19-2005, 06:57 PM
I just heard Chris Mortenson reports that the Bills are interested in SDG QB Drew Brees

cordog
01-19-2005, 07:17 PM
are you being serious?

RedEyE
01-19-2005, 07:37 PM
I just heard Chris Mortenson reports that the Bills are interested in SDG QB Drew Brees

This had better not be a joke. Link?

Dozerdog
01-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Can you identify the show/time you heard this please?

Also- found these tidbits on Mortensen's ESPN Chat wrap (available for ESPN Insiders)

Brian Grabowski (East Lansing, MI): Mort, PLEASE elaborate on the Drew Bledsoe rumors you announced on Sunday...!

Chris Mortensen: I reported facts! That being that the Bills are asking him to take another pay cut from $4.3 million he would make this year. If he doesn't take it, there is a real chance he could be released and the Bills would move on with Losman and whoever else.

Scott (Upstate NY): If Bledsoe was released by Buffalo, would Parcells pick him up to upgrade from senior citizen to close to early bird special?

Chris Mortensen: I have a feeling Parcells would probably not pick him up. I think Bill wants some mobility given today's NFL. I'm not sure Drew has any mobility. Even Vinny had a little bit of that. I guess we can't rule out the possibility though.

David (Boston): that's too bad about Bledsoe. Classy game in many respects, and was my favorite player before he got traded. Is he done if he gets released?

Chris Mortensen: I think Drew really feels like he has football left in him. I believe if he is forced out of Buffalo he will be bitter about it. He did win 9 games this year. He truly believes he can play .. I think he would get an opportunity if it doesn't work out in Buffalo.

capitolneal
01-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd love it I seen this kid (brees ) play High school football here for Westlake HS he is a gritty competitor short but good I like the move but at what price?
he is a free agent of a career yr that does scare me but he knows how to use his TE and backs

Dozerdog
01-19-2005, 07:44 PM
I highly doubt Brees would want to come here if JP is the future.

FTG
01-19-2005, 07:51 PM

I don't believe that.

FTG
01-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Chris Mortensen: I think Drew really feels like he has football left in him. I believe if he is forced out of Buffalo he will be bitter about it. He did win 9 games this year. He truly believes he can play .. I think he would get an opportunity if it doesn't work out in Buffalo.

That's why they should release him if they plan on starting JP. He still thinks he can play and will be bitter about a backup role.

FTG
01-19-2005, 07:56 PM
The way Mort keeps saying how Bledsoe thinks he can play I'd bet Drews agent is Morts source on the request for a pay cut.

Dozerdog
01-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Chris Mortensen:

That's why they should release him if they plan on starting JP. He still thinks he can play and will be bitter about a backup role.

I still haven't seen any shred of evidence or indication to support the "Bitterness" angle. No outrageous comments in the media, no blowhard agent making threats/demands.

We need a veteran backup. If we keep or cut Bledsoe, it will cost about the same. Cutting him adds the cost of replacing him (another million or two for a good vet backup). Unless they are markedly better, I don't see the overall gain for the team.

FTG
01-19-2005, 08:11 PM
No we have not seen it. I still think he would be pretty mad is he was brought back as a backup. The "it's my team" comment shows he still thinks he should start. I don't expect he would be a jerk in public about it but I can't see how he would not be pissed and that would affect the team IMO

Ebenezer
01-19-2005, 08:19 PM
I still haven't seen any shred of evidence or indication to support the "Bitterness" angle. No outrageous comments in the media, no blowhard agent making threats/demands.

We need a veteran backup. If we keep or cut Bledsoe, it will cost about the same. Cutting him adds the cost of replacing him (another million or two for a good vet backup). Unless they are markedly better, I don't see the overall gain for the team.
that is salary cap common sense...

FTG
01-19-2005, 08:22 PM
that is salary cap common sense...

Tell that to TD. He's the one thinking of cutting him if he won't take the pay cut.

The_Philster
01-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Tell that to TD. He's the one thinking of cutting him if he won't take the pay cut.

...according to Mort's source. How reliable is this source? Is it the same source that once told him that Jim Kelly was going to be a Steeler after the 96 season? :scratch:

FTG
01-19-2005, 08:36 PM
...according to Mort's source. How reliable is this source? Is it the same source that once told him that Jim Kelly was going to be a Steeler after the 96 season? :scratch:

Brian Grabowski (East Lansing, MI): Mort, PLEASE elaborate on the Drew Bledsoe rumors you announced on Sunday...!

Chris Mortensen: I reported facts! That being that the Bills are asking him to take another pay cut from $4.3 million he would make this year. If he doesn't take it, there is a real chance he could be released and the Bills would move on with Losman and whoever else.

Maybe he's full of it but when he emphatically starts his repsonse with "I reported facts!" I believe he has a pretty close source. We'll find out soon enough

The_Philster
01-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Until I hear it from One Bills Drive, I see it as still just a rumor