X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nuklz2594
    • Nov 2004

Bills offense

I think the Bills have the makings of an old fashioned smash mouth football team. We have all the makings and potential of a power running team a la Green Bay, Pats, etc... Willis is the man at rb. Another offseason of rehab to strengthen his knee and work on picking up pass blockers will make him the best back in the AFC. Our wr corps has the capability to be very good. This will be a make or break season for Josh Reed. Moulds and Evans are fine. We need a te who can be relied upon to be a security blanket. Would love to see Peters get a chance. While he is a project, the other te are out with injuries. JP just needs to be ble to hand the ball off to either the right or left for Willis. He has the arm to make all the passes. The key to everything is the o-line. We need a bonafide center. Mike Flynn was hurt for the Ravens but he would be a nice fit. We need a replacement for Jennings. What about Wahle of Green Bay. Get rid of Pucillo. If we become more of a run oriented team Mike Williams will fine nd possibly pro bowl material. Jason Peters will get a look at o-line, but I like him at te. An o-line of Williams, Villarial, Teague, Flynn, Wahle, would not be hard to take. Get a kicker.
    With Mularkey's background from the Steelers o-coordinator this should be a no-brainer. If he can win with Kordell at qb, he should be able to cut Bledsoe, sign a capable back up and let JP run the show.
    Your thoughts
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

The focus, obviously, for the 3rd year in a row, needs to be the o-line. I believe that Marco Rivera is coming up on a free-agent year in Green Bay. Wahle comes with a higher price tag and Rivera is often refered to as the better player. He's 2 years older than Wahle, but 9 years in the league isn't that much for an o-lineman. Just ask Fontinot. I agree that we need a true center, one with a mean streak. If Jennings were to leave, a new center would free up Teague to go back to his true position at tackle. No worries at reciever. Reed's numbers will improve as soon as we get a QB that has the ability to see the seams in the middle as he checks down his recieving options. I watch Bulger throw over the middle and I'm amazed at what he sees. Bledsoe doesn't seem to have that ability. In order for Losman to get the start next year, he would have to win the job, hands down. If Mularkey still thinks Bledsoe gives them the best chance to win, he'll start. The TE's are mediocre at best. I'm not impressed with Euhus and Peters is not the answer. With his size and speed, Peters looks more like a project as a defensive lineman. He was getting into the kicker's face quite a bit leading up to that blocked punt. Turns out he's a better rusher than he is a blocker! I think they could do better than Campbell. Marcellus Rivers is an athletic TE who is underused in NY because of the presence of Shockey, and would be a nice addition at a low price.
    Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 01-20-2005, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• helmetguy
      Touch the helmet for luck
      • Sep 2002

Reed has to get it in his head that, when the ball is coming to him LOOK IT ALL THE WAY IN TO HIS HANDS! Then, he has to hold onto it. The O-line still needs a lot of work, and I think McNally is capable of putting together a unit comparable to NE's or Pittsburgh's. I'd still like to see them get a little lighter up front, from a mobility standpoint, to take advantage of McGahee's cutback abilities. This could also bode well for Shaud Williams, in that he isn't going to move piles or beat you by banging straight ahead.
      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Regarding TE, I think we are out of the loop with regards to the recoveries of Campbell and Euhus. The team knows a lot more than they're telling us. I assume it they are not going to be ready by September, it will be addressed in free agency rather than the draft. Since it is not an emergency, the team may address the guard position in the draft, while if Jennings bolts the team TD might look to free agency for that position. I think Reed has about worn out his welcome in Buffalo. The Bills may let him play out his contract, but I doubt they would re-sign him.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

I would like to see more of Peters as a fullback on short yardage situations. The guy can make a hole! He could also excell at DE. He's got the speed. As far as Reed goes, I feel that he will finally settle down and be a productive receiver from the slot. Of course the O line needs to seriously be addressed either through FA or draft! We need players who can dominate the line of scrimage and provide more that 2.5 seconds of pocket time for whoever the QB will be. I like Williams where he's at and I like Jennings, just not sure if we retain Jennings. A couple of good veterans on the line could make us so much better in 05'. It couldn't hurt for us to go out and get a proven TE either. And of course we need a kicker or a dome. I think the kicker is the cheaper alternative.

Comment

• weettt
            • Aug 2004

I agree with getting rid of Drew, and moving forward. anything with Drew here is backwards. we'll handle lesser competition with him, but when elite teams come around, forget it.

Comment

Working...
            X