PDA

View Full Version : just saw sports center and saw this story

realmendontwearteal
01-20-2005, 12:49 AM
They just metioned that the ducks and coyotes ordered trainning camp eqiupment.... anyone else hear this story?

SabreEleven
01-20-2005, 01:45 AM
No

SabreEleven
01-20-2005, 01:47 AM
The meeting lasted only 5 hrs. These guys need to lock themselves in the room until the deal is done. We are only talking about their lively hoods.

SABURZFAN
01-20-2005, 06:57 AM
i saw the logos on the TV screen but i didn't hear what they were saying.

Myers57
01-20-2005, 08:10 AM
The meeting yesterday was good enough that they have scheduled another one in Toronto today...

Could be a good sign?

realmendontwearteal
01-20-2005, 09:44 AM

they metioned that each team ordered trainning camp equipment

buffalofan19
01-20-2005, 02:16 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca

Read the little snippet up top.

Apparently the Phoenix Coyotes have told their players to be ready to pracice soon, as early as the next seven days.

JD
01-20-2005, 03:43 PM
IF HOCKEY IS STARTED UP I WILL CRY WITH JOY HONESTLY, omg.

realmendontwearteal
01-20-2005, 09:49 PM
IF HOCKEY IS STARTED UP I WILL CRY WITH JOY HONESTLY, omg.

if they got a deal done this quickly after long layoffs than thats pretty sad

SabreEleven
01-20-2005, 11:48 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca

Read the little snippet up top.

Apparently the Phoenix Coyotes have told their players to be ready to pracice soon, as early as the next seven days.

Click on the link.

We are screwed. It's over.

trapezeus
01-21-2005, 01:49 PM
the nhl should approach the PA with what they feel is a total compensation amount as a Percentage of total profits. "Players what amount of total dollars made from the game do you feel is fair for your work?" So if the NHL makes $100MM in a year, the players need to say what percentage of those dollars they feel they are entitled to.

Second the NHL needs to tell the players what items (TV contracts, merchandize, tickets, etc) go into the figure they came up with.

Then that percentage is the hardcap and will roll as the profits increase along with cost of living and inflation.

If the players can't agree to that, then they should just admit that they are greedy. And the NHL should just wait it out until they no longer have to listen to the union.

qcsabresfan84
01-21-2005, 04:44 PM
that training equipment is probably just real cheap right now. its a good time to buy that stuff.

SABuffalo786
01-22-2005, 11:07 AM
I dunno, man. There's gotta be something in the water up in Chicago. The US Soccer team resolved their dispute at an O'Hare hotel. Perhaps it rubbed off on the NHL?

Michael82
01-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Sources within the NHL Players' Association have told Sportsnet analyst John Davidson that, the way it stands now after the two days of meetings with the NHL, there will not be a season.

"The season is over," said the source, "unless the NHL changes its rigid stance."

And sources told Davidson the league showed no signs of doing that during the recent meetings. The league, Davidson reports, is sticking to its stance of a hard salary cap for individual teams, very little revenue sharing among clubs and absolutely no luxury tax. While theories and thoughts from the PA were thrown around Thursday, NHL outside counsel Bob Batterman apparently snuffed them all out.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20050121_130156_1228

Turf
01-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Sadly enough, while I am all for a salary cap, a salary cap without revenue sharing makes no sense.
What this means is large market owners will profit 30-40 million a year, and the rest of the league breaks even, barely makes money, or still loses money.
There has to be sufficient revenue sharing to justify a cap, and to make it a real league.

YardRat
01-23-2005, 12:53 AM
I may not be able to set the time on my VCR, but at least I know where the volume button is :funny: