PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger worries me

northernbillfan
01-20-2005, 03:36 AM
If you are like me, you are probably rooting for the Steelers to stomp NE into the ground. However I am very worried about Roethlisberger.

Last Sunday he looked ordinary and as a rookie he found out that playing football in the NFL in January is a lot tougher than the regular season.

Do you think he has it in him to win? Will he rebound from the poor preformance last week? Or will he fold up like a cheap lawn chair after your oversized uncle sits down?

OpIv37
01-20-2005, 07:52 AM
I've said all season that Roethlisberger is a product of his environment. Don't get me wrong- he will be a good QB, possibly a great QB. But right now, the Steelers are such a good team that all he has to do to win against most teams is minimize his mistakes. He's done a great job of that so far, but I'm afraid his lack of experience is starting to come through. While he's minimized most of the major mistakes that afflict rookies, I think there is one thing he's been bad about all season: he hangs his receivers out to dry on his passes and they get killed making the catches. Against NE's fast defense, this is dangerous.

I don't think Pitt has a shot. Bellicheck has a knack for solving good defenses, and I think Big Ben will struggle on offense.

The King
01-20-2005, 08:02 AM
I agree with Op. Ben has been productive no doubt, but he isnt doing anything extrodinary. He has amazing recievers that go out and get the ball. I think Hines Ward has the best hands in the NFL there isnt a pass he cant catch. PLex is fast and creates seperation much like Peerless used to do except Plex has more talent than Price. Randel El is one of the best slot guys in the league also he is effective sideline to sideline, and he is not affraid of being hit. Ben shouldnt even be a concern for anybody the ticket to beating NE is to play ball control football and give them heavy doses of the Bus and Duce.

Last week I knew that the Pats needed Dillon to be successful to win, and Manning on the other side of the ball. This week its the exact opposite. Brady has to carry his team to a win, because I dont see Dillon being effective against Pitts massive front. Then like I said Pittsburgh really needs to hammer the Pats with their big physical backs.

Side Note: Of Bradys 7-0 in the playoffs he has never won on the road. Even though I think the Steelers are out matched this should be a good game.

DraftBoy
01-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Im cheering for NE in this one, bc if the Bills cant win it, i want an AFCE team to so they bring the crown to the toughest division in the NFL. Anyways NE is gonna stomp Pittsburg into the ground this weekend. Its not gonna be pretty.

Jayhawk
01-20-2005, 09:54 AM
meh, HCBB will make Ben look like a fool, he's been doing that too long

Mr. Miyagi
01-20-2005, 10:13 AM
No God please I cannot bear to see Brady lifting up that trophy one more time. :(

don137
01-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Roethlisberger looked like our QB last week and the Steelers won despite him because the rest of the team and Doug Brien bailed him out. I am not sure if it was his thumb or nerves but he looked awful (my guess is nerves). He won't beat NE playing that way. He will definitely be a good one someday. I will be rooting for the Steelers because I too can not stand the thought of another NE championship however I would prefer the AFC over the NFC.

HAMMER
01-20-2005, 03:50 PM
No God please I cannot bear to see Brady lifting up that trophy one more time. :(

Get used to it, NE isn't going anywhere for years. Unfortunately.

jamze132
01-20-2005, 03:53 PM
I can see NE winning easliy. Belichik will have a surprise for the rookie. As much as I hate to say it. I will still be rooting hard for Big Ben and the Steelers. F the Pats!

The_Philster
01-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Get used to it, NE isn't going anywhere for years. Unfortunately.

With Weis and probably Crennel leaving, you never know :; :pray:

mybills
01-20-2005, 09:08 PM
..and I won't be able to turn my tv on for months without it being mentioned. :puke:

Dozerdog
01-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Let the best team win.... they wil have deserved it.

northernbillfan
01-21-2005, 03:48 AM
Let the best team win.... they wil have deserved it.
Well...duhhh.

Nice input...assmunch :snicker:

don137
01-21-2005, 06:57 AM
Well...duhhh.

Nice input...assmunch :snicker:

LOL...Dozer is sounding like Madden, isn't he? ...What's nextout of Dozer? The team that scores the most points in this game will be in the superbowl :D

mybills
01-21-2005, 07:51 AM
:lolcry:
What do you want from him, he lives in Massa2chits! :D

Jeff1220
01-21-2005, 08:19 AM
"Nice pick Cowah."

The King
01-21-2005, 08:23 AM
:lolcry:
What do you want from him, he lives in Massa2chits! :D

Your from RI you cant make fun of mass. Your state is like our little brother, we make you walk around in a dress and give you nuggees(sp?)

mybills
01-21-2005, 10:04 AM
you're

The King
01-21-2005, 10:09 AM
you're

touche'