PDA

View Full Version : Donahoe was on ESPN radio this morning

FTG
01-20-2005, 07:45 AM
............ said they will make the decision on Drew within a couple weeks. I may be biased but it sounded to me like he wants to start Losman.

Tatonka
01-20-2005, 07:48 AM
nice.

:up:

"hit the road jack.. and dont you come back no more, no more, no more, no more...."

"na na na na.... na na na...na... hey, hey, hey....... goodbye.."

Jayhawk
01-20-2005, 07:49 AM
good get the dinasour out of here

Tatonka
01-20-2005, 07:49 AM
that doesnt sound biased to me at all.. :idunno:

:biggrin:

FTG
01-20-2005, 07:54 AM
that doesnt sound biased to me at all.. :idunno:

:biggrin:

I meant because thats what I wanted to hear :D Still.....the way he answered thier questions it sounded to me like the only way Drew comes back is if he accepts a paycut and backup role. I'm trying to see if ESPN radio website has put it up yet.

OpIv37
01-20-2005, 07:55 AM
............ said they will make the decision on Drew within a couple weeks. I may be biased but it sounded to me like he wants to start Losman.

the same Donahoe who does not admit mistakes? He'll start Bledsoe- he just knows the fans want a change so he was saying it to keep them interested.

Jayhawk
01-20-2005, 08:00 AM
FTG biased? nah.

FTG
01-20-2005, 08:01 AM
the same Donahoe who does not admit mistakes? He'll start Bledsoe- he just knows the fans want a change so he was saying it to keep them interested.

or he could want to prove to doubters that he was right to draft Losman. You can look at it both ways

Tatonka
01-20-2005, 08:01 AM
i kind of disagree on the whole "doesnt admit his mistakes" thing now..

other than MM's decision to keep dredsoe.. which may or may not have been a reason that TD hired MM, what else shows that behavior? he cut this losses on alot of people that i have seen, including shaw (his pitt guy who went on to do nothing), eddie robinson, and that starting saftey that was from the rams..

The King
01-20-2005, 08:05 AM
I really just hope it ends soon. I dont want this to linger all off-season and into the regular season. If Drew isnt going to be the starter let him go so we can avoid all the controversy. I do think that their needs to be a definitive by the March deadline though.

FTG
01-20-2005, 08:10 AM
I turned it on part way through the interview so I missed some of it. One question he was asked was (paraphrased) will the veterans support a young guy,

His answer (again paraphrased) The vets supported Henry last year too but once Mcgahee started making plays they were fine with willis starting. He said as long as JP makes plays he will have the veterans support

Iehoshua
01-20-2005, 08:17 AM
:pray:

Michael82
01-20-2005, 10:21 AM
I turned it on part way through the interview so I missed some of it. One question he was asked was (paraphrased) will the veterans support a young guy,

His answer (again paraphrased) The vets supported Henry last year too but once Mcgahee started making plays they were fine with willis starting. He said as long as JP makes plays he will have the veterans support
Damn, that right there sounds like the seal to the deal. Bledsoe will refuse the paycut and will be gone. :bigwave:

Shasta McNasty
01-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Damn, that right there sounds like the seal to the deal. Bledsoe will refuse the paycut and will be gone. :bigwave:

It is impossible for Drew to take a pay cut based on the way he restructered last year. We either cut him before March and take a huge salary cap hit next season and save the cash on the bonus. Or else we cut him after March, pay him his bonus and spread his salary cap hit over the next two seasons.

For those reasons I do not see how Drew is cut this season.

Michael82
01-20-2005, 11:06 AM
It is impossible for Drew to take a pay cut based on the way he restructered last year. We either cut him before March and take a huge salary cap hit next season and save the cash on the bonus. Or else we cut him after March, pay him his bonus and spread his salary cap hit over the next two seasons.

He could choose to take a paycut if he wants to. Maybe he can offer to push back the bonus until next year. :::

Ebenezer
01-20-2005, 11:16 AM

100% incorrect...

the Bills can cut him at any time...if they cut him before 3/1 (the time at which a $1M bonus is due) they open up $1.14M of cap room...if they cut him after 3/2 they open up $140K of cap room...either move will leave zero dead cap in 2006...if they cut him after 6/1 they will save his base salary but be left with dead cap next year.

G. Host
01-20-2005, 11:25 AM
That was his "internet personality" :rofl:

JJamezz
01-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Its up on their site http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=1058226#

TD is about 1:10 into the show.

I don't know if I got the impression they're leaning either way - he was answering very specific questions.. But at least he's not discounting starting JP altogether.

mybills
01-20-2005, 12:13 PM
This is my impression of Drew --> :yikes:

justasportsfan
01-20-2005, 12:16 PM
He could choose to take a paycut if he wants to. Maybe he can offer to push back the bonus until next year. :::Maybe I read your post wrong, but did you just flipflop?

Michael82
01-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Maybe I read your post wrong, but did you just flipflop?
No! :mad:

justasportsfan
01-20-2005, 12:49 PM
No! :mad:
Oh, so you were being sarcastic about Drew being gone. My bad.

djjimkelly
01-20-2005, 01:27 PM
my impression from that interview is basically that vets were weary about mcgahee at first then saw what he brings to the table and in not so many words he said losman will force vets to think same way!!!

THK GOD DREW MIGHT BE GONE FOR GOOD!!!!!!

justasportsfan
01-20-2005, 01:31 PM
THK GOD DREW MIGHT BE GONE FOR GOOD!!!!!!Now, now now. Don't jump the gun yet. Have you ever heard of the saying "don't count the INT's before you even throw the ball"?

Dang wait a minute, that was Drew's quote. Ah, nevermind.

FTG
01-20-2005, 01:46 PM
my impression from that interview is basically that vets were weary about mcgahee at first then saw what he brings to the table and in not so many words he said losman will force vets to think same way!!!

THK GOD DREW MIGHT BE GONE FOR GOOD!!!!!!

You should post more often Welcome to the amigos :mex:

Iehoshua
01-20-2005, 01:51 PM
:mex:

I don't mean to jump the gun either but... where's the Amigo party gonna be if/when it's announced Drew is no longer the starter?

ScottLawrence
01-20-2005, 02:03 PM
You got a link of where I can hear this interview?

ScottLawrence
01-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Actually I found you a link

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=1058226#

jamze132
01-20-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't really think we should cut Drew afterall. Even though I don't want him on the field as a starter, he would be very valuable to have on the sideline to help Losman. Even though Drew can't get it done physically anymore, I am convinced that he posesses more knowledge of the QB position than most QB's in the league.

FTG
01-20-2005, 04:27 PM
But does Drew want that. The guy obviously still thinks he's a starter in this league. He may want to be released if told they were gonna start Losman

TigerJ
01-20-2005, 04:30 PM
The change is that TD no longer seems to insist that Bledsoe is the man. That opens the door to change. I don't think a change is guaranteed yet, but it becomes far more reasonable a possibility than it was not so long ago.

THATHURMANATOR
01-20-2005, 04:31 PM

I agree sounds like he is looking for a way to get rid of Drew.

weettt
01-20-2005, 04:33 PM
drew "i really suck bad" bledsoe needs to hit the road.... and fast. i don't think i can stomach another season of that loser. when the big game comes around, he turns into a bumbling idiot who is color blind. he drops back, pats the pigskin for a few seconds, and hits wide open defenders between the numbers over and over again. i have no faith with him in any big game. the way i see it.... it's JP or bust!

GO BILLS!!!

FTG
01-20-2005, 04:45 PM
At the very least TD saying publically that they are trying to decide shows a lack of confidence in Bledsoe. If they were convinced Drew was good enough there would be no decision for them to make

Iehoshua
01-20-2005, 04:56 PM
The change is that TD no longer seems to insist that Bledsoe is the man. That opens the door to change. I don't think a change is guaranteed yet, but it becomes far more reasonable a possibility than it was not so long ago.

At the very least TD saying publically that they are trying to decide shows a lack of confidence in Bledsoe. If they were convinced Drew was good enough there would be no decision for them to make

Agreed on both... Prior instances we'd be hearing "Drew gives us the best chance to win yadda yadda yadda" so since that tired quote isn't there, it's safe to assume they've woken up!

TD Before:
http://www.jasminewatson.com/lotr/twoTowers/images/TT.theoden.3.jpg

TD Now:
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/gallery/2002/10/29/theoden3.jpg

Mudflap1
01-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Drew's on very thin ice for sure. I have a question though: we all know what happens if we cut him. However, if we decide we want to get rid of him, wouldn't it be better to trade him to a team in desperate need of a QB, even if it was for a 7th round pick, a warm case of beer, or whatever? If we could get someone to bite and get ANYTHING for him, wouldn't his salary go to that team? I'm not sure to be honest. If it didn't, how much would stay with the Bills compared to cutting him at various times this offseason?

Jon

FTG
01-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Drew's on very thin ice for sure. I have a question though: we all know what happens if we cut him. However, if we decide we want to get rid of him, wouldn't it be better to trade him to a team in desperate need of a QB, even if it was for a 7th round pick, a warm case of beer, or whatever? If we could get someone to bite and get ANYTHING for him, wouldn't his salary go to that team? I'm not sure to be honest. If it didn't, how much would stay with the Bills compared to cutting him at various times this offseason?

Jon

Sure it would be better is some team would give us a pick for him. I don't see a team trading for his salary when they could pick him up as a FA for 1/2 the price. There won't be a bidding war for Drew if he's on the market. I doubt he would get more than 2 mill per

Mudflap1
01-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah, his salary is his biggest problem IMO, even bigger than his recent play. I hope TD figures it out and turns something into nothing here.

Jon

BillsFanInMass
01-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Maybe Parcells will take a package deal for our first rounder back. We give him his first overall pick in the draftback in 93 i think Drew Sucksoe and Travis (I aim for linebackers instead of trying to avoid them) Henry. That would be sweet but i doubt it i can dream though. :dance:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-20-2005, 09:20 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (April 27, 2004) -- Drew Bledsoe renegotiated his contract with the Bills, providing salary cap room for the team and ensuring he will continue to be its starting quarterback.

Bledsoe had seven years left on his old deal, and was due a $7 million bonus had he still been on the Bills roster in November. He was scheduled to make a base salary of $5.9 million this season, a figure that would balloon to $12 million in 2008.

http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol?http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/7288097

if he did it once he'll do it again that's the type of guy he is

Canadian'eh!
01-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Maybe Parcells will take a package deal for our first rounder back. We give him his first overall pick in the draftback in 93 i think Drew Sucksoe and Travis (I aim for linebackers instead of trying to avoid them) Henry. That would be sweet but i doubt it i can dream though. :dance:

it surprises me how fast we can turn on a player... Travis played hard for us and had 2 1400+ yard seasons. now people are acting like he is public enemy number 1. same thing with Drew... he's oplayed hard for us even if it might not be good enough in the end... namecalling and character assasination is his reward.

The_Philster
01-20-2005, 09:52 PM
it surprises me how fast we can turn on a player... Travis played hard for us and had 2 1400+ yard seasons. now people are acting like he is public enemy number 1. same thing with Drew... he's oplayed hard for us even if it might not be good enough in the end... namecalling and character assasination is his reward.

Couldn't agree with you more. Myself, I like to see ex-Bills do well across the league..except against us, of course :;

FTG
01-21-2005, 09:34 AM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (April 27, 2004) -- Drew Bledsoe renegotiated his contract with the Bills, providing salary cap room for the team and ensuring he will continue to be its starting quarterback.

Bledsoe had seven years left on his old deal, and was due a $7 million bonus had he still been on the Bills roster in November. He was scheduled to make a base salary of $5.9 million this season, a figure that would balloon to $12 million in 2008.

http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol?http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/7288097

if he did it once he'll do it again that's the type of guy he is

Keep telling yourself that

FTG
01-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Couldn't agree with you more. Myself, I like to see ex-Bills do well across the league..except against us, of course :;

So you were happy for RJ when he won a ring?

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 10:02 AM

That may've been the biggest sports atrocity ever...
:puke:

mybills
01-21-2005, 10:12 AM
I agree about Travis. I love the guy! :up:
You can't compare him with Drew though, he wasn't running into peoples shins or jumping 15 feet over their head.
:mex:

The_Philster
01-21-2005, 03:22 PM

well...there are some exceptions of course :;

Canadian'eh!
01-21-2005, 05:08 PM

Who gives a flying crap that RJ was a backup Qb on team that won... he had nothing to do with it whatsoever....

Canadian'eh!
01-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Keep telling yourself that

make some damn sense... this is why i can't give you haters 1 bit of credibility..... you want to act like Drew is some sort of arrogant ass because you aren't happy with his play. that's total BS... he's never been anything but a team guy who gave everything he had.... if he had not tried or acted like a cancer who put himself before the team then fine.. but HE HAS NEVER EVER DONE THAT to my recollection.... If his play is not up to standard the FINE... you have free reign to say so... but to all the haters that want to insinuate that Drew is an ASS, get a life.... but you CANNOT argue that he isn't a good person...