PDA

View Full Version : Could there heads have gotten in the way??

DIHARD2
11-26-2002, 02:16 AM
With all the hyp on how Moulds& Price were supposed to be the best pair of receivers in football today. Could there heads have gotten in the way of them being able to catch passes that are throwing right into their hands?

It seems ever since the notoriety they got before the first New England game, it seems there status as a team has gone down noticeably. A lot of those catches that have been dropped have been for good gains and could have possibly turned at least two games around.

So again could there heads have gotten so big that there is no room for the ball?

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

lunatic_bills_fan
11-26-2002, 06:22 AM
Well, with the way Gilbride calls plays, theres no doubt in my mind, that his pre-game pep talk goes somethin like this.

-Ok Drew, Eric, Peerless gather round. You know that the outcome of this game soley depends on your performance. So dont make any mistakes, because our defence is the worst ever and Im not sure if we have a running back on this team. So when you go out there you have to catch all of the 84 pass attempts to you guys. OK?? BREAK!!

:blah:

WG
11-26-2002, 12:21 PM
LOL Loony!

Yeah, that's about what I had envisioned too.

DH, what about the simple increase in the level of competition. I've beat the dead horse on this a thousand times but some folks still discount it. But it stands to reason that you play better against the worse Ds.

Also, as the season has rolled along, Drew has done nothing that he hasn't done in N.E. Drop back and throw. So the methods for stopping him haven't changed. The rest is KG's inability to be creative w/ the O coupled w/ his reluctance to use Henry appropriately. Let's face it, Gilbride just loves to throw the ball. He prefers it, to winning at times it seems. I just don't understand why.

It's an easy system to defend against if all you do is throw primarily to two WRs and never change things up and don't use your RB as the focus of the O.

Cntrygal
11-26-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
The rest is KG's inability to be creative w/ the O coupled w/ his reluctance to use Henry appropriately. Let's face it, Gilbride just loves to throw the ball. He prefers it, to winning at times it seems. I just don't understand why.

:madfire:
I'd like to have a "little" conversation with Gilbride about this... :evil:

Mr. Miyagi
11-26-2002, 12:42 PM
KG thinks he's coaching in St Louis two years ago. This team is no Greatest Show on Turf. We need a balanced offense to succeed. Even St Louis at its prime had to run the ball, and they had the best QB-WR trios out there.

WG
11-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Indeed!