• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

If Drew does get released...

Do you think this could happen?:

Shane Matthews could be to JP Losman (in Buffalo)
    as
    Jon Kitna was to Carson Palmer (in Cincy)

Matthews, like Kitna before last year, has never been anything special in the NFL. Kitna, with no pressure, other than to keep a seat warm, played a solid season for the Bengals. Shane saw only a little action this past season, but I liked what I saw of him when he got a chance, especially that one TD pass to Evans. He placed that one perfectly. With MM and TC's rep as being able to maximize their QB talent, could he be a reasonable caretaker?
    This obviously wouldn't be my first choice, but if it had to happen this way, do you think it could work? I thought of this after reading posts about bringing in Warner or Shaun King...imo, I'd rather stick with Matthews than go to one of those guys (the has-been/never-was on the roster vs. the has-been/never-was FA).
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

No, Kitna was a starter. Kitna had a firm grasp on the system. Matthews is a journey man who wont be here next year. Not too mention I dont want a guy who has never been productive guiding a young QB. What is he gonna show Losman how much gatorade to pour in a cup?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

If they release Drew it means that our coaches like what they saw in Mathews or they think Jp is ready. Travis Brown looked way better than Drew in preseason. I also liked what I saw i Mathews.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Matthews is a FA. He is a china doll with a rag arm. A dink and dunker. If JP starts and gets injured, Matthews will be soon to follow. Then #3 plays, whoever that may be.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          If they release Drew it means that our coaches like what they saw in Mathews or they think Jp is ready. Travis Brown looked way better than Drew in preseason. I also liked what I saw i Mathews.
          maybe it just means OBD did everything they could to give Drew a chance here...he had it and he didn't make it work. See ya.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
            maybe it just means OBD did everything they could to give Drew a chance here...he had it and he didn't make it work. See ya.
            Oh, I'm pretty sure they did everything from getting MM , McNally, Wyche and buying a timer/clock. I heard that timer counted against our cap.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
            X