PDA

View Full Version : If Drew does get released...

Jeff1220
01-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Do you think this could happen?:

Shane Matthews could be to JP Losman (in Buffalo)
as
Jon Kitna was to Carson Palmer (in Cincy)

Matthews, like Kitna before last year, has never been anything special in the NFL. Kitna, with no pressure, other than to keep a seat warm, played a solid season for the Bengals. Shane saw only a little action this past season, but I liked what I saw of him when he got a chance, especially that one TD pass to Evans. He placed that one perfectly. With MM and TC's rep as being able to maximize their QB talent, could he be a reasonable caretaker?
This obviously wouldn't be my first choice, but if it had to happen this way, do you think it could work? I thought of this after reading posts about bringing in Warner or Shaun King...imo, I'd rather stick with Matthews than go to one of those guys (the has-been/never-was on the roster vs. the has-been/never-was FA).

The King
01-21-2005, 08:19 AM
No, Kitna was a starter. Kitna had a firm grasp on the system. Matthews is a journey man who wont be here next year. Not too mention I dont want a guy who has never been productive guiding a young QB. What is he gonna show Losman how much gatorade to pour in a cup?

justasportsfan
01-21-2005, 08:24 AM
If they release Drew it means that our coaches like what they saw in Mathews or they think Jp is ready. Travis Brown looked way better than Drew in preseason. I also liked what I saw i Mathews.

Earthquake Enyart
01-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Matthews is a FA. He is a china doll with a rag arm. A dink and dunker. If JP starts and gets injured, Matthews will be soon to follow. Then #3 plays, whoever that may be.

Typ0
01-21-2005, 08:35 AM
If they release Drew it means that our coaches like what they saw in Mathews or they think Jp is ready. Travis Brown looked way better than Drew in preseason. I also liked what I saw i Mathews.

maybe it just means OBD did everything they could to give Drew a chance here...he had it and he didn't make it work. See ya.

justasportsfan
01-21-2005, 08:38 AM
maybe it just means OBD did everything they could to give Drew a chance here...he had it and he didn't make it work. See ya.Oh, I'm pretty sure they did everything from getting MM , McNally, Wyche and buying a timer/clock. I heard that timer counted against our cap. :nervous: