PDA

View Full Version : The Henry Trade!

Patrick76777
01-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Would you guys be willing to send Henry and our 2nd OR 3rd to Tampa or Arizona for their first overall!

I could see TD doing something like that!

The King
01-21-2005, 08:35 AM
For the 8th Pick it may take both our 2nd and 3rd and I think thats too much. If we could do Travis and one of them I would dive all over it. However I dont think its realistic.

justasportsfan
01-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Anyone special in this years draft that would be a definite stud right away? :idunno:

clumping platelets
01-21-2005, 08:42 AM
I could see our #2 and Henry for a late #1, but I would rather have the extra pick.

Give me TB's #2 and be done with it

Patrick76777
01-21-2005, 08:44 AM
For the 8th Pick it may take both our 2nd and 3rd and I think thats too much. If we could do Travis and one of them I would dive all over it. However I dont think its realistic.

I don't know, I think as Bills fans we FAR underrate Travis! To a Crazy extent. This guy ran for 2800 yards and a ton of TD's over 2 years.

I think it could be worked out.

Last year Miami traded a 3rd rounder for Lamar Gordon! Travis is about 3000 times better than Lamar Gordon! Dillon went to NE for a 2nd rounder and people thought that was a huge steal for NE! Cincy could and should have got more!

Diff position but Miami also gave up a 2nd rounder for an unproven QB. overall, Henry is much better than Feely

And although Travis is no Ricky Williams, Miami gave up 2 first rounders for Williams. How does that translate?

Now I know everyone talks about all the FA running backs and about all the RB's in the draft but that's easy. Travis is a solid back and will make next to nothing next year. Those FA's are going to cost you a ton of cash and the guys in the draft are unproven.

Jayhawk
01-21-2005, 08:50 AM
I'd take Barron or Brown for our line.

Earthquake Enyart
01-21-2005, 09:02 AM
I don't know, I think as Bills fans we FAR underrate Travis! To a Crazy extent. This guy ran for 2800 yards and a ton of TD's over 2 years.

I think it could be worked out.

I think we as Bills fans over estimate Travis' value.

There are only 6 or so teams that don't have a back as good as Travis. There are about 6 RB's who are bona fide 1st rounders.

I'd be happy with TB's 3rd.

Typ0
01-21-2005, 09:06 AM

There are only 6 or so teams that don't have a back as good as Travis. There are about 6 RB's who are bona fide 1st rounders.

and two of those six guys will be a bust or only marginal...Henry is proven he can play. Is it worth a 1/3 risk to draft or just take a proven player?

But my opinion is Henry's best days are behind him. He's often injured and takes too many punishing hits. His performance last season was horrible. I wouldn't trade for him...but if it's best for us I hope everyone in the league things he's the next Walter Peyton.

Earthquake Enyart
01-21-2005, 09:22 AM
and two of those six guys will be a bust or only marginal...Henry is proven he can play. Is it worth a 1/3 risk to draft or just take a proven player?

But my opinion is Henry's best days are behind him. He's often injured and takes too many punishing hits. His performance last season was horrible. I wouldn't trade for him...but if it's best for us I hope everyone in the league things he's the next Walter Peyton.
I hear what you are saying, but Travis is a fumbler, has been hurt the last 2 years, and is a borderline ******.

Look at the contract he signed. And I still haven't forgotten the gas station stuff.

Tampa has put up with Pittman's nonsense the last couple of years. Henry would probably be a hard sell to them.

Tatonka
01-21-2005, 09:47 AM
I'd take Barron or Brown for our line.

:up:

STAMPY
01-21-2005, 10:03 AM
I hear what you are saying, but Travis is a fumbler, has been hurt the last 2 years, and is a borderline ******.

Look at the contract he signed. And I still haven't forgotten the gas station stuff.

Tampa has put up with Pittman's nonsense the last couple of years. Henry would probably be a hard sell to them.

he was a fumbler only one season

Bulldog
01-21-2005, 10:33 AM

So your saying there are 26 other backs in the NFL that are better than Henry? Thats crazy! Henry is at least a top ten back when healthy, healthy being the key word. Name the RB's that you feel are better than Henry.

jamze132
01-21-2005, 11:25 AM
I honestly think that Henry is worth a high 2nd rounder. I don't like the idea of trading our 2nd and henry for a 1st rounder. This years draft class in no where near last years. I would be satisfied with a 2nd for Henry so we have two in that round. But don't trade our other picks. We need depth at a lot of positions. Especially on the O and D Lines.

Earthquake Enyart
01-21-2005, 11:31 AM
NE Dillon
Jets Martin
Miami – team in need #1
Bills Willis
Bengals Johnson
Browns Suggs
Ravens Lewis
Steelers Duce and the Bus
Indy James
Tenn Brown
Texans Davis
Jax Taylor
KC Priest
Oakland team in need 2
SD LT
Denver Droins, Bell, et. Al.

Eagles Westbrook
Dal Jones
Washington Portis
Giants Barber
GB Green
Minn Bennet, Smith
Bears Jones
Det Jones
Atl Dunn, Duckett
Car Davis, Goings
TB team in need 3
NO McAllister
St.L Jackson, Faulk
Sea Alexander
Arz team in need 4
SF just spent $$ on what’s his face

Before you all bash me, what I’m saying is not necessarily that all these guys are better than Henry, but that since the teams have the guys I listed, they have no glaring need for Henry. For example, would it make sense for the Bears to give up a #2 for Henry, when they have Thomas Jones? Or would it make sense for the Vikings? No. But there are only about 4 teams that desperately need a RB.

Kenny
01-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Would you guys be willing to send Henry and our 2nd OR 3rd to Tampa or Arizona for their first overall!

I could see TD doing something like that!Absolutely NOT!!!

Honestly now, -do we really need to have a very high first rounder? I think we're pretty much set in our 'skill' positions, and it would be a waste to have a pick 'that' high and not have a use for it (unless of course you're thinking about trading down for more draft picks).

dannyek71
01-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Is it me, or have them been about a dozen threads so far stating the same thing essentially?

Tatonka
01-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Is it me, or have them been about a dozen threads so far stating the same thing essentially?
welcome to the offseason..