PDA

View Full Version : Milloy is MONEY OVER SUPERBOWL!!

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 10:04 AM
I know this came off of PFT, but it is an interview from a better source. If this is how he feels, I am very dissapointed.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Has milloys play really been worth his pay???

FTG
01-21-2005, 10:32 AM

We likely would have been in the playoffs if he had not been hurt to start the season

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 10:34 AM
We likely would have been in the playoffs if he had not been hurt to start the season

Agreed.

Also, I'd sooner believe the BatBoy graduated from Harvard than I would anything on PFT...

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Agreed.

Also, I'd sooner believe the BatBoy graduated from Harvard than I would anything on PFT...

HERE IS THE INTERVIEW

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=64597

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 10:47 AM
True...and Im not saying cut him, i just think he is a bit overrated, and the interview is disturbing to me

Stewie
01-21-2005, 10:50 AM
What pisses me off about his statement is that he says you have to go make top dollar to make sure your family is secure. What a crock. I could secure my family forever for one half of what he makes in a year.

Bill Brasky
01-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Randy has more class than this :peace:

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 11:03 AM
What pisses me off about his statement is that he says you have to go make top dollar to make sure your family is secure. What a crock. I could secure my family forever for one half of what he makes in a year.

My exact thoughts!!!

FTG
01-21-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't like what he said either.

Bulldog
01-21-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure what everyone is pissed about. The majority of the players in the NFL are driven by money, and to think otherwise would be naive. So, I guess Milloy is no different than the other 95% of the players. Not saying I agree with his stance, but it is what it is.

jamze132
01-21-2005, 11:11 AM
I think Milloy deserves to paid the money he makes. When he's on the field, he's a major force. You don't always see it it in INT's, but he's a guy that teams account for furing practice week. Everyone saw what our defense did when he returned from his injury.

TedMock
01-21-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't see the big deal. He seemed to make the comments about feeding your family etc., but then mentions how the "team thing" is also a good thing. I don't think he came across as a "money first" guy, but more of a guy who feels that he was under-appreciated. There's a slight hint of bitterness, but that's normal. Who knows. Just my perception.

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 11:16 AM
HERE IS THE INTERVIEW

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=64597

Then DON'T cite PFT as your source, cite THAT.

:crazy:

The Natrix
01-21-2005, 11:20 AM
I don't see the big deal.

me neither.

And BTW, why do people have to classify someone as a money player or a player who plays for the love of the game. What's wrong with being both?

BAM
01-21-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't see any big deal either. He could've definitely worded it differently, but there is no doubt that he helps this team BIG TIME... I am glad he left the Pats.

Patrick76777
01-21-2005, 11:23 AM

Right on! Milloy was awesome this year. We start at least 2-2 with him this year. I'd say 3-1

tampabay25690
01-21-2005, 11:23 AM

I think so, he missed most of the season and still had close to 100 tackles this year....He is a great safety...

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 11:24 AM
The fact Belichick let him go should be the first and only red-flag one would need to show Milloy is not as great as advertised. Nevertheless, he's still one of the best Safeties in the league, despite whether he prefers to be paid well or not. I don't think he's implied anything about playing half-assed but it's being read into that he did.

I suppose everyone needs something to harp about since the playoffs proceed another year yet again sans Buffalo. Harp away.

Patrick76777
01-21-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't see any big deal either. He could've definitely worded it differently, but there is no doubt that he helps this team BIG TIME... I am glad he left the Pats.
Yeah, what’s the basis guys? Dude’s looking for Top Dollar! And he should!

The way I see it, he’s putting a bug in the ear of some of these NE players! He’s basically say, “Yo guys, you could be making a ton more and hitting up the Pro Bowl with another team”

That’s enough to get anyone thinking.

LtBillsFan66
01-21-2005, 11:28 AM

The way I see it, he’s putting a bug in the ear of some of these NE players! He’s basically say, “Yo guys, you could be making a ton more and hitting up the Pro Bowl with another team”

I thought the same thing.

Bottom line is that he's an excellent SS. I don't care what he says or how he feels. He comes out ready to play and plays balls out every game.

TigerJ
01-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I don't disrespect Milloy for wanting top dollar, since as has been pointed out most players in the NFL are motivated by the same thing. I hate when players making millions per year talk about the necessity of putting food on the table. How do they think the rest of the world puts food on the table on salaries of $50,000, $30,000, or even $20,000? How about a little honesty. "I'm rich. I like being rich, and I can't understand anyone whose values are different from mine."

BAM
01-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Another example of people just looking for things to complain about.

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Another example of people just looking for things to complain about.Yep...

I suppose everyone needs something to harp about since the playoffs proceed another year yet again sans Buffalo. Harp away.

BAM
01-21-2005, 11:46 AM
LOL I saw that. Wasn't quite sure what harp meant... :funny:

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Phrasal Verb:
harp on

To talk or write about to an excessive and tedious degree; dwell on.

Kind of like us Amigos do with Drew! :D

:mex:

BAM
01-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Ohhh ok gotcha. Hey I like the new avatar man. Mr. Potato-Darth.

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 11:57 AM
The actual toys is called "Darth Tater." This version, however, is Dartho Patata, El Réy de los Amigos!

BAM
01-21-2005, 12:02 PM
The actual toys is called "Darth Tater." This version, however, is Dartho Patata, El Réy de los Amigos!

:roflmao: Darth Tater

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Then DON'T cite PFT as your source, cite THAT.

:crazy:

Well, as much as i agree with you that PFT is mostly gossip, it is where I found the article. I didn't do the research, they did. Credit was given where it deserved!

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Well, as much as i agree with you that PFT is mostly gossip, it is where I found the article. I didn't do the research, they did. Credit was given where it deserved!

Fair enough. Only reason I said so is if someone cites PFT as a source, 99.99999% of the time it's trash so I pay no credence..

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 12:12 PM

Hey Bam, if you looked at all my posts, you will find that i complain about the bills team less than anyone here! the Pats win because they are a team plain and simple. they play as a team and they care about nothing else. Milloys comments suck plainand simple. Do I want him off the team...NO, Do I think he hepls...YES. Is he overpaid and do his comments bother me ......YES. That is all Im saying.

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Fair enough. Only reason I said so is if someone cites PFT as a source, 99.99999% of the time it's trash so I pay no credence..

I can understand that.

:peace:

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Hey Bam, if you looked at all my posts, you will find that i complain about the bills team less than anyone here!

Quit yer complainin'! :mad:

:jk:

Tatonka
01-21-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure what everyone is pissed about. The majority of the players in the NFL are driven by money, and to think otherwise would be naive. So, I guess Milloy is no different than the other 95% of the players. Not saying I agree with his stance, but it is what it is.

that is so true.

pos rep. :up:

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Just because football has turned into a bunch of over paid premadonnas (sp) who feel like they need to make 12 mil a year to feed there family, doesn't mean we have to just say..."well thats what 95% of the league is about so why shouldn't he" This type of thinking sucks (i know you said you dont agree with it bulldog) and it is ALL that is wrong with pro sports. How's the hockey season going Tonk?? Im not saying that to be a jerk, it's just my point on what happens to sports when money is the driving force.

Maybe i am being naive, but i am so sick of these pro athletes who get paid so much to do something they love whine about money!

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Just because football has turned into a bunch of over paid premadonnas (sp) who feel like they need to make 12 mil a year to feed there family, doesn't mean we have to just say..."well thats what 95% of the league is about so why shouldn't he" This type of thinking sucks (i know you said you dont agree with it bulldog) and it is ALL that is wrong with pro sports. How's the hockey season going Tonk?? Im not saying that to be a jerk, it's just my point on what happens to sports when money is the driving force.

Maybe i am being naive, but i am so sick of these pro athletes who get paid so much to do something they love whine about money!

Do you have any idea how much revenue the NFL generates? Do you know what is the main draw of this revenue? It's not a logo believe it or not. It's players. If owners and shareholders of teams/league interests and other marketing companies are making billions from these players, why is it sooo wrong for them to be paid accordingly? We do live in a Capitalist society. Do you think its bad for people to make money? What do people who make big money do? SPEND BIG money! They buy nice cars, houses, boats, and thousands of other luxuries that keep other people employed. Let's not be so quick to hate on this. Think about it for a bit.

Shasta McNasty
01-21-2005, 01:17 PM
I have no problem with what Milloy said at all. He is right on and not shooting vanilla answers. I appreciate his honesty.

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Do you have any idea how much revenue the NFL generates? Do you know what is the main draw of this revenue? It's not a logo believe it or not. It's players. If owners and shareholders of teams/league interests and other marketing companies are making billions from these players, why is it sooo wrong for them to be paid accordingly? We do live in a Capitalist society. Do you think its bad for people to make money? What do people who make big money do? SPEND BIG money! They buy nice cars, houses, boats, and thousands of other luxuries that keep other people employed. Let's not be so quick to hate on this. Think about it for a bit.

I understand that DT...really I do.
But when it comes at the exspense of the team, It is wrong. Peyton manning and Mike VIck's contracts are so huge they can't afford to better there team. They are putting there disires ahead of the team...and guess what they loose to a team that doesn't!!!!!!!! It's not like they aren't extremely well paid, it's when they start demanding contracts that hurt the overall team when they are out of line. When it comes down to it, I am not a player fan...I am a BILLS FAN, and when a player puts himself before the team it bugs me.

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 01:26 PM
I understand that DT...really I do.
But when it comes at the exspense of the team, It is wrong. Peyton manning and Mike VIck's contracts are so huge they can't afford to better there team. They are putting there disires ahead of the team...and guess what they loose to a team that doesn't!!!!!!!! It's not like they aren't extremely well paid, it's when they start demanding contracts that hurt the overall team. When it comes down to it, I am not a player fan...I am a BILLS FAN, and when a player puts himself before the team it bugs me.

For the money Peyton and Vick draw for their teams, the teams are probably doing well with what they are paying them. Without Vick, the Falcons draw nothing, no sellouts, no marketability, nothing. With Vick, they sell out, sell tons of merch, and also on top, they win. You can make the argument players should take less but the Patriots are the prime example and they are currently champs. Don't mistake it, the Pats players get $$$, just not the $$$$$$$$$$.

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 01:30 PM
For the money Peyton and Vick draw for their teams, the teams are probably doing well with what they are paying them. Without Vick, the Falcons draw nothing, no sellouts, no marketability, nothing. With Vick, they sell out, sell tons of merch, and also on top, they win. You can make the argument players should take less but the Patriots are the prime example and they are currently champs. Don't mistake it, the Pats players get $$$, just not the $$$$$$$$$$.

right.....that is true, they are winning some games, and there revenue is high. If it is just about revenue then you can argue that the cowboys were wildly sucessful this year. As a fan, my expectations are a team that doesn't have to rebuild, makes the playoffs, and wins a championship here and there. When the players are all about money, it makes it hard to build what the pats have.

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 01:34 PM
right.....that is true, they are winning some games, and there revenue is high. If it is just about revenue then you can argue that the cowboys were wildly sucessful this year. As a fan, my expectations are a team that doesn't have to rebuild, makes the playoffs, and wins a championship here and there. When the players are all about money, it makes it hard to build what the pats have.

I can't fault any player for being about money since the money the teams, league, and sponsors make are due to the players themselves, but the setup does create difficulty for teams to compete, which is one argument against salary caps...

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 01:40 PM
I can't fault any player for being about money since the money the teams, league, and sponsors make are due to the players themselves, but the setup does create difficulty for teams to compete, which is one argument against salary caps...

I agree.....I guess that discussion could open up a whole new can of worms (slary cap that is) If there was no cap, I can see more flexability for trying to get more coin. Being that there is a cap, I feel team players have to take that into consideration if they want to field the best team possible. Bringing the lambardi trophy to Buffallo should be every players number one goal. If it wasn't for the fans, these players wouldn't have the money they have, for that they should put what the fans want first........SUPER BOWL TITLE!!

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 01:43 PM
By the way...Im assuming that the Amigos want losman in and Drew out. You can count me in on that list in a big way!!!

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 01:51 PM
I agree.....I guess that discussion could open up a whole new can of worms (slary cap that is) If there was no cap, I can see more flexability for trying to get more coin. Being that there is a cap, I feel team players have to take that into consideration if they want to field the best team possible. Bringing the lambardi trophy to Buffallo should be every players number one goal. If it wasn't for the fans, these players wouldn't have the money they have, for that they should put what the fans want first........SUPER BOWL TITLE!!
I agree wholeheartedly.

By the way...Im assuming that the Amigos want losman in and Drew out. You can count me in on that list in a big way!!!

Welcome!

FTG
01-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Welcome!

The :mex: are growing so fast I think we need to have some sort of initiation. New applicants should have to start a "Drew Sucks" thread and get at least 1 member of the DLC pissed off in it to become an amigo :D

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 02:03 PM
The :mex: are growing so fast I think we need to have some sort of initiation. New applicants should have to start a "Drew Sucks" thread and get at least 1 member of the DLC pissed off in it to become an amigo :D

Best. Idea. EVER.

Ok, Dannyboy, show your loyalty to Los Amigos. First, kiss the jewels on the hand of El Réy, Dartho Patata. Then, as El FTG stated, start a thread displaying your distaste of the albatross that is el diablo himself, Bledsoe.

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Best. Idea. EVER.

Ok, Dannyboy, show your loyalty to Los Amigos. First, kiss the jewels on the hand of El Réy, Dartho Patata. Then, as El FTG stated, start a thread displaying your distaste of the albatross that is el diablo himself, Bledsoe.

Stay tuned.......

shotgun
01-21-2005, 06:52 PM
if u ask me if milloy did not get hurt he should of been in the probowl ...

some of u guys are talking like u don;t want him on the team ...

i see were milloy is comeing from he has a ring and it's not his fault that the coach cut him anyway he is a bill not a pat for f the boston paper

BillsPride12
01-21-2005, 10:58 PM
From my understanding, his statement was a response to a question that was something like are you disappointed your in Buffalo now and not playing in Super Bowls with New England? Now if that's the case what did you guys want him to say? Yeah definately, I hate being here in Buffalo. I have no problem at all with what he said(considering the question asked)

The_Philster
01-21-2005, 11:18 PM
From my understanding, his statement was a response to a question that was something like are you disappointed your in Buffalo now and not playing in Super Bowls with New England? Now if that's the case what did you guys want him to say? Yeah definately, I hate being here in Buffalo. I have no problem at all with what he said(considering the question asked)

Me neither
He was asked if he had any regrets leaving the Pats for the Bills for a four-year, $15 million contract prior to the 2002 season.
``I could really care less,'' Milloy said. ``I'm a Buffalo Bill. I'm on the defense that finished No. 2 in the league the last two years. It's a very proud organization.

Michael82
01-22-2005, 08:45 AM

I hope it works and they start demanding money and leaving Belichick. :snicker:

bledslow
01-22-2005, 09:03 PM
come on,these are grown men.there not ******ed. im sure SOME of them realize they can make a LITTLE more money if they went to another team (woody, washington.ect).. instead they choose to play for a winner(pats) while taking a little less $$,yet still making good money.

lawyer has every right to get as much $$ as he can,he just could have worded it differently(THATS FOR DAM SURE).by saying rings dont feed your family makes it sound like he only wants cash.im sure he wants to win to,but he came off sounding bad. he is already set for life(has been for a while).and im sure he can feed his family 10 meals a day for the next 5 lifetimes.