PDA

View Full Version : A possibility for Henry

ryjam282
01-21-2005, 10:12 AM
They have the No. 2 overall pick in April, but they're without a choice in the second or sixth rounds because of trades.

Saban hinted today they might hoard draft picks and said it will likely build from the draft.

They have stated in the past that they like Cedrick Benson but don't believe he is the #2 overall pick, how about maybe Henry and one or two other picks to get there #2 pick? Maybe henry and 3rd and 4th? I don't know, what do you guys think?

Damn, could you imagine us getting that pcik? We could get someone like a Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards to go with Moulds and Evans...:drool:

Or Alex Barron, the OT from FSU :eek:

Discuss, I know it may never happen but who knows.

Section 130 Row 26
01-21-2005, 10:25 AM
We'd probally have to do Henry, our 2nd and 3rd....#2 in the draft has alot of value, and I don't think we need someone that bad to give up that much. Like I said all along, I want Henry to go to the fish if only for an already proven player. I'd take McMicheal, or one of their corners. They have no 2nd, and just a 3rd from a division rival is enough....

Miami must overpay to get Henry from us. (In the AFC to Oakland is one thing) but in the DIVISION for a cheap 3rd is insane.

Section 130 Row 26
01-21-2005, 10:26 AM
*isnt enough

jamze132
01-21-2005, 11:36 AM
As much as Henry wants to play in Miami, it ain't happening. Miami isn't going to give up there 2nd overall. Saban needs that pick to establish some credibility with their fan base. Miami would probably give up their 3rd rounder for Henry, but I don't think Donahoe will bite on that, at least he better not. If we can only get a 3rd rounder for him, than lets keep him away from the Dolphins.

TigerJ
01-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Granted you should get a star at #2 overall, but cap wise you also pay through the nose for that star power. To be perfectly honest, I think the Bills have enough star power right now and can make better use of their cap dollars by finding good players who represent value for the salary they would require, and can fill roles for the Bills.

Tatonka
01-21-2005, 01:48 PM
if the bills got that pick, i would just want to trade down anyway.. look what san diego got from NY from going from 1st to 4th.. the 2nd pick is a huge huge pick.

i think we would have to give up more personally.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-21-2005, 02:01 PM
if the bills got that pick, i would just want to trade down anyway.. look what san diego got from NY from going from 1st to 4th.. the 2nd pick is a huge huge pick.

i think we would have to give up more personally.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

IF we could somehow get the #2 overall pick for Henry and our 2nd and 4th or something like that, I am pretty sure we could trade down, still have a first round pick, and recoup most if not all of what we gave up to get the #2 overall in the first place.....it would be a real gamble....but ol' Tommy has proven that he is a riverboat gambler!

EDS
01-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Granted you should get a star at #2 overall, but cap wise you also pay through the nose for that star power. To be perfectly honest, I think the Bills have enough star power right now and can make better use of their cap dollars by finding good players who represent value for the salary they would require, and can fill roles for the Bills.

Agree completely.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-21-2005, 05:33 PM
No way Donahoe wants anything to do with a top five pick again.

wazz
01-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Trading loads for the #2 which we don't need, and then trading it away again for a 1st rounder and get our picks back seems like exactly the type of move that Donahoe would pull off.

As for getting the #2 and assuming no further trading happens on are part, what would we honestly use it on? Lineman are a gamble, and a coahc like McNally appears to create better with supposedly less talented, but work-huingry guys, which we're more likely to find in round 2/3 (more likely 2 coz of low draft pick). We sure as hell wouldn't need a QB, with Moulds renegotiating, i dont see us wanting to chase another top receiver that could result in 2 big contracts clashing (this guy and evans) around the same time at the same postion, and our secondary is set. Is their a pass rushing end that would be a guarenteed #2 pick? if yes, then opk, that's an option, but there's not a whole lot. we need a guy we can teahc in ANY postion, not a supposed quick fix.

jamze132
01-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Like I said... NO way in hell Miami gives up that pick. And what the hell would we do with it? A couple of posters have said this. It makes sense.