PDA

View Full Version : Question for Drew Supporters

FTG
01-21-2005, 02:34 PM
I will not post again in this thread. I'm not looking to start an arguement. I just would like to know......................

Say TD cuts Drew and Miami picked him up to start for a year until the QB they draft this year is ready. Would anyone here fear going up against Drew?

ryven
01-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Probably not they have a bad O-line and we know that with out a really good line in front of him he at best is nothing more than average.now if there line improves that may change a few things but I dont think I have ever realy feared him not even when he was on the pats.

P.S. I do not hate him I just dont want him as our starting QB any more.

The Natrix
Jerry Gray and company would have a field day. It would be a riot.

Iehoshua
Say TD cuts Drew and Miami picked him up to start for a year until the QB they draft this year is ready. Would anyone here fear going up against Drew?
:rofl:

:gag:

The King
01-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Ummm it depends really. If Miami were to get Ricky back or if they had that balanced attack I think Drew could be effective. But I wouldnt fear him, our DT's and LB's can contain ANY QB in the league when they are on top of their game. I dont think there is a QB I fear with our D.

Side note: I do think the Bledsoe McMichael combo would be awesome, and tough for teams to stop. But its kind of a wierd topic.

Kolbiss
01-21-2005, 02:49 PM
He doesn't exactally play his best games against former teams!!

buffalofan19
01-21-2005, 03:01 PM
I will not post again in this thread. I'm not looking to start an arguement. I just would like to know......................

No not really. I don't think he is a great QB mind you. But I still think he is the Bills' best shot at a playoff spot in 2005, which, to me is a must for 2005. This team has gone through way too many "rebuilding years" in the last 7 or so years, this team nees a playoff spot now. As far as the "Drew will never win the Bills a Super Bowl" argument goes, I say you have to get to the playoffs first. Once you are in, anything can happen. look at the Pats of 2001-2002 and the Panthers of last year. Both teams were good, but a lot of luck played into their favor. Heck, even the Jets were oh so close this year.

FTG
01-21-2005, 03:04 PM
P.S. I do not hate him I just dont want him as our starting QB any more.

That makes you an amigo. We don't hate him personally. We just get accused of it.

.........oops.........I was'nt supposed to post in this thread. sorry :D

The King
01-21-2005, 03:07 PM
That makes you an amigo. We don't hate him personally. We just get accused of it.

:negrep:

ryven
01-21-2005, 03:08 PM

I dont mind him on the bills but I think J.P. should start or someone else.

LtBillsFan66
01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
I don't know if I'm a Drew supporter...

I say no, I'm not scared to play him.

That said, I don't think he's the only problem on offense. He's a middle of the pack QB. I don't think anyone thinks he's much better than that.

Besides the Steelers - when the whole entire team was flat, he played well (when Lee Evans emerged and when McGahee got going!!!).

The classifications you people put people in are hilarious. Is there a "not so fickle" fan category? If so, where do I sign up?

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 03:19 PM
The classifications you people put people in are hilarious. Is there a "not so fickle" fan category? If so, where do I sign up?

Neither category is fickle. DLC wants Drew back. Los Amigos want Drew gone. Neither side waivers in its resolve! It's the 'tweeners who try to come up with some inept outsider group which never lasts that are fickle. Yes, I am defending the DLC here. ;)
Be proud DLC!

Be proud Los Amigos!

:mex:

jamze132
01-21-2005, 03:50 PM
I think he would be a great addition to Miami. Then us and the Patsys fans could have a beer laughing our asses off.

The King
01-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Neither category is fickle. DLC wants Drew back. Los Amigos want Drew gone. Neither side waivers in its resolve! It's the 'tweeners who try to come up with some inept outsider group which never lasts that are fickle. Yes, I am defending the DLC here. ;)
Be proud DLC!

Be proud Los Amigos!

:mex:

Is hell frozen?? You shouldve made that speech on MLK day

The_Philster
01-21-2005, 04:07 PM
It all depends on what kind of system he's in, what kind of talent he's surrounded by :idunno:

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I think he would be a great addition to Miami. Then us and the Patsys fans could have a beer laughing our asses off.
:rofl:

Is hell frozen?? You shouldve made that speech on MLK day
:patriot: God Bless the Zone... and God Bless America!

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 04:10 PM
It all depends on what kind of system he's in, what kind of talent he's surrounded by :idunno:

I agree. If he has pro-bowl caliber line, two pro-bowl caliber TEs, 4 pro-bowl caliber receivers, fullback and runningback, facing a talentless defensive team like the 49ers, then he'll succeed every time!!

It's just not in the cards...

Mr. Cynical
01-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Would anyone here fear going up against Drew?
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Dozerdog
01-21-2005, 07:22 PM
I don't know if I'm a Drew supporter...

I say no, I'm not scared to play him.

That said, I don't think he's the only problem on offense. He's a middle of the pack QB. I don't think anyone thinks he's much better than that.

Besides the Steelers - when the whole entire team was flat, he played well (when Lee Evans emerged and when McGahee got going!!!).

:up:

The_Philster
01-21-2005, 07:56 PM
I agree. If he has pro-bowl caliber line, two pro-bowl caliber TEs, 4 pro-bowl caliber receivers, fullback and runningback, facing a talentless defensive team like the 49ers, then he'll succeed every time!!

It's just not in the cards...

funny...he didn't have those in his best years in NE and he was thought of as one of the top QBs in the league at the time

Billz_fan
01-21-2005, 08:28 PM
To me, Drew is and always will be a mystery.

The guy can chuck a football. He throws a great long ball. His passes are as pretty as anyones when he plays well. I have never questioned his god given talent.

There is unfortunatly something wrong though. It may be a mental thing but he has played some of the best and worst games I have seen a QB play if you go back to his NE days.

He is streaky. When hot, he is fun to watch. When he isn't he is pathetic.

David Krieg of the Seahawks used to be like that. So did Jeff George when he was in his prime.

All of the talent but just something you cannot put your finger on that keeps them back. Well, with Goerge it was because he is a head case :laughter:

I like Drew. But I don't want him to be the Bills QB anymore. Even if it means we have to take a couple steps back to go forward. Why? because he will never get us a SB win.

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 08:42 PM
funny...he didn't have those in his best years in NE and he was thought of as one of the top QBs in the league at the time

I didn't say "back in the day Drew" I meant the Drew of the PRESENT! He's never going back there again! Time to accept it!

Mr. Cynical
01-21-2005, 08:42 PM
To me, Drew is and always will be a mystery.

The guy can chuck a football. He throws a great long ball. His passes are as pretty as anyones when he plays well. I have never questioned his god given talent.

There is unfortunatly something wrong though. It may be a mental thing but he has played some of the best and worst games I have seen a QB play if you go back to his NE days.

He is streaky. When hot, he is fun to watch. When he isn't he is pathetic.

David Krieg of the Seahawks used to be like that. So did Jeff George when he was in his prime.

All of the talent but just something you cannot put your finger on that keeps them back. Well, with Goerge it was because he is a head case :laughter:

I like Drew. But I don't want him to be the Bills QB anymore. Even if it means we have to take a couple steps back to go forward. Why? because he will never get us a SB win.
:10:

He has just enough tools to keep coaches biting and hoping, but whatever "it" is that winners have, he doesn't. 12 years in the league is more than enough time to prove it. Time to move on.

Kenny
01-21-2005, 10:35 PM
I dont think I would 'fear' him if went to the fins. DB is pretty much done as a starting QB now.

He still has a great arm, but without a head or a heart to lead a team, that arm is pretty much useless. Sure he can still throw a good long ball here and there, but even those have been pretty inconsistent this season (remember all those long balls he threw in the Seattle game?).

Personally I just dont think Bledsoe makes this team any better. If anything he holds us back. The majority of our wins this season (with the exception of the game IN Miami) was won because Bledsoe limited his mistakes, and wasnt asked to march up and down the field to score the points (the games were won on great defense, great ST, and a good running game... not because of good QB play).

I know this is a team game, and that some people will say that no single position is more important than the other. But I disagree... When push comes to shove, the QB has to step it up.
So I ask, -if Bledsoe cant help this team win any games, why is he here? Just so that when he plays, he doesnt make many mistakes, yet isnt good enough to win us games? To me, this isnt good enough.

Bledsoe seems to be a good person, but as a football player... Im fed up with him.

Charlieguide
01-21-2005, 11:46 PM
I've promised myself not to get involved in these debates any more. Why? Because we all know where everyone stands, and everyone says the same thig no matter what the original question.

I will say this: I'll fear any QB who has McMichael, Chambers, Booker, and Boston to throw to. Yes, they need an OL, but I have no doubt that's Miami's primary offseason concern. Any QB would have a career year with those guys and a good line . . .

mybills
01-22-2005, 06:44 AM
Why are there so many Amigos posting in this "Drew Supporter" thread? :shakeno:

FTG
01-22-2005, 08:43 AM
I will say this: I'll fear any QB who has McMichael, Chambers, Booker, and Boston to throw to. Yes, they need an OL, but I have no doubt that's Miami's primary offseason concern. Any QB would have a career year with those guys and a good line . . .

Those recievers don't scare me. They are all overated

The_Philster
01-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Why are there so many Amigos posting in this "Drew Supporter" thread? :shakeno:

one word:obsession

olivia
01-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Every forum I see for the Bills has something to do with #11. The guy has a great arm, is tough and in the same system for more then a minute is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL. Do you think Tom D or Mike M are morons. No. Was Bill Parcells. No. They know what the guy needs to be successful. It's strange every body I speak with who played football.. John Evans(#92 All American Michigan 1992) Calvin Griffin (#20 All MEAC Delaware State 1990) ect.. thinks he is a very good limited quarterback who gives the Bills a great shot of going far in the playoffs in 05. But everyone I speak with who never played the game thinks he is awful. It is a split group. Whatever Tom D decides will be the right move.

mybills
01-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Nobody is arguing that he has a great arm, too bad it's only great for bombs.

FTG
01-23-2005, 08:47 AM
. Whatever Tom D decides will be the right move.

Even if he cuts Bledsoe?

mybills
01-23-2005, 08:55 AM
:lolcry: You did it again!

mybills
01-23-2005, 08:56 AM
one word:passion
I agree!

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 08:58 AM
I agree!

pathetic

mybills
01-23-2005, 09:05 AM
pathetic
I disagree!

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 09:06 AM
I disagree!

BF1 would agree with me :nana:

mybills
01-23-2005, 09:18 AM
read my title! :snicker:

finsrclowns
01-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Every forum I see for the Bills has something to do with #11. The guy has a great arm, is tough and in the same system for more then a minute is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL. Do you think Tom D or Mike M are morons. No. Was Bill Parcells. No. They know what the guy needs to be successful. It's strange every body I speak with who played football.. John Evans(#92 All American Michigan 1992) Calvin Griffin (#20 All MEAC Delaware State 1990) ect.. thinks he is a very good limited quarterback who gives the Bills a great shot of going far in the playoffs in 05. But everyone I speak with who never played the game thinks he is awful. It is a split group. Whatever Tom D decides will be the right move.

Welcome to the Zone Olivia. :welcome: Nice post. Some of us think Bledsoe can win here, warts and all OR think TD and staff are well qualified to decide which QB plays. But you'll find out soon enough that the group that calls themselves "amigos" who think they are a whole lot smarter than TD or any of the coaches. Wait for the reaction if Drew is not cut or if he's named starter. :lol:

Canadian'eh!
01-23-2005, 10:25 AM

LIAR... your entire reason for starting this thread was to get yet another arguement going..... LIAR! OH, and also lied about not posting in it again....

FTG
01-23-2005, 12:12 PM
LIAR... your entire reason for starting this thread was to get yet another arguement going..... LIAR! OH, and also lied about not posting in it again....

Go beat your fiance again :loser:

Canadian'eh!
01-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Go beat your fiance again :loser:

you're a dispicable human being.

WCoastFin
01-23-2005, 12:15 PM

Lets just put it this way...I as a Dolphins fan, am comfortable with Bledsoe being the Bills QB.

We do not need any more bad QB Karma.

FTG
01-23-2005, 12:15 PM
you're a dispicable human being.

comming from you thats a compliment. Thanks :up:

Canadian'eh!
01-23-2005, 12:19 PM
comming from you thats a compliment. Thanks :up:

don't you have children to molest?