• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

If the Eagles lose

is it more pathetic than the Bills 4 SB loses?

I think the city will riot.
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
    is it more pathetic than the Bills 4 SB loses?
    Absolutely. They won't even be able to say they've been to the Big Dance, being turned away at the gates 4 in a row is much worse, though may not be as memorable as losing four in a row at the Superbowl...

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I think the falcons will beat them.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• shotgun
        stop smokeing for your own health
        • May 2004

eagles will rank in front of our 4 sb losss

Comment

• STAMPY
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Sep 2003

I still think our losses hurt our fans more. We were better teams, and we were closer to winning it all so it just hurt more.

Comment

• Charlieguide
            Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
            • Feb 2004

I'm proud of that period in our history. Sure, it would have been nice to win one or two -- and it was certainly possible -- but then it wouldn't be the same. They went to the dance four times in a row! They lost, picked themselves up off the ground, watched the team that beat them sleep the next season ('cept Dallas), and clawed their way to the top again.

You'll never convince me that any team in professional sports has ever shown more heart than the 1990-'93 Bills. (1980 USA Olympic Hockey was NOT pro.) And the best part is, everyone remembers it!
            The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• Charlieguide
              Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
              • Feb 2004

Oh, and yeah, I think the Eagles losing 4 would be worse, b/c it's less of an accomplishment getting there, and won't be remembered.

But I don't think they'll lose this one.
              The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

I've talked to some Eagles fans... their reaction after the third loss last year was like their life was over. They think they have it so bad, but I would like to see their reaction if they lost 4 super bowls, let alone this game on Sunday.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Losing 4 sb's hurts more. To be good enough to get there, then lose?
                  If they lose four championship games in a row, they weren't good enough to get there so they should just stfu and move on.

JMHO
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Home field advantage doesn't really exist in a stadium where they throw snowballs at Santa Claus though....

but yes, its a distinction I'm sure the would like to avoid.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

If they lose the fans will not riot but they will be calling for the heads of nearly all Eagles coaches and staff and maybe even McNabb's. Im not sure who is gonna win on Sunday, If Johnson doesnt figure a way to keep Mike Vick in the pocket I think Atlanta takes it, and let me say this if spying Jevon Kearse is Johnson's answer then its gonna be a long day for the Eagles. GO FALCONS!
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Kenny
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        If they lose the fans will not riot but they will be calling for the heads of nearly all Eagles coaches and staff and maybe even McNabb's. Im not sure who is gonna win on Sunday, If Johnson doesnt figure a way to keep Mike Vick in the pocket I think Atlanta takes it, and let me say this if spying Jevon Kearse is Johnson's answer then its gonna be a long day for the Eagles. GO FALCONS!
                        I doubt they'll be calling for any heads if the iggles lose. I bet they'll all be using the injured TO as an excuse.

But I agree with you... GO FALCONS!!!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

It's definitely more pathetic, especially with the drop in talent in the NFC the last couple of years. However, it will never be as recognized as pathetic since it is on a smaller stage than the Bills' losses. As far as the general public is concerned, few people remember the losers of the conference championships, but usually remember SB losers.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kenny
                            I doubt they'll be calling for any heads if the iggles lose. I bet they'll all be using the injured TO as an excuse.

But I agree with you... GO FALCONS!!!

Andy Reid 4 trips the NFC Championship game in 4 games they arguably were the best team and each time they got beat...Id be questioning whether Reid can do it or not if I was an Eagles fan.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• honey
                              • Aug 2002

I was listening to a sports radio station today and they were saying that the city so desperately wants a win that if Philly loses there would be a total riot in the streets.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

Working...
                              X