PDA

View Full Version : If the Eagles lose

Bill Brasky
01-21-2005, 04:21 PM
is it more pathetic than the Bills 4 SB loses?

I think the city will riot.

Iehoshua
01-21-2005, 04:25 PM

Absolutely. They won't even be able to say they've been to the Big Dance, being turned away at the gates 4 in a row is much worse, though may not be as memorable as losing four in a row at the Superbowl...
:sadwalk:

The King
01-21-2005, 04:34 PM
I think the falcons will beat them.

shotgun
01-21-2005, 04:45 PM
eagles will rank in front of our 4 sb losss

STAMPY
01-21-2005, 04:55 PM
I still think our losses hurt our fans more. We were better teams, and we were closer to winning it all so it just hurt more. :mad:

Charlieguide
01-21-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm proud of that period in our history. Sure, it would have been nice to win one or two -- and it was certainly possible -- but then it wouldn't be the same. They went to the dance four times in a row! They lost, picked themselves up off the ground, watched the team that beat them sleep the next season ('cept Dallas), and clawed their way to the top again.

You'll never convince me that any team in professional sports has ever shown more heart than the 1990-'93 Bills. (1980 USA Olympic Hockey was NOT pro.) And the best part is, everyone remembers it!

Charlieguide
01-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Oh, and yeah, I think the Eagles losing 4 would be worse, b/c it's less of an accomplishment getting there, and won't be remembered.

But I don't think they'll lose this one.

Bill Brasky
01-22-2005, 02:27 AM
I've talked to some Eagles fans... their reaction after the third loss last year was like their life was over. They think they have it so bad, but I would like to see their reaction if they lost 4 super bowls, let alone this game on Sunday.

mybills
01-22-2005, 06:34 AM
Losing 4 sb's hurts more. To be good enough to get there, then lose?
If they lose four championship games in a row, they weren't good enough to get there so they should just stfu and move on.

JMHO

Historian
01-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Home field advantage doesn't really exist in a stadium where they throw snowballs at Santa Claus though....

but yes, its a distinction I'm sure the would like to avoid.

DraftBoy
01-22-2005, 11:25 AM
If they lose the fans will not riot but they will be calling for the heads of nearly all Eagles coaches and staff and maybe even McNabb's. Im not sure who is gonna win on Sunday, If Johnson doesnt figure a way to keep Mike Vick in the pocket I think Atlanta takes it, and let me say this if spying Jevon Kearse is Johnson's answer then its gonna be a long day for the Eagles. GO FALCONS!

Kenny
01-22-2005, 12:42 PM
If they lose the fans will not riot but they will be calling for the heads of nearly all Eagles coaches and staff and maybe even McNabb's. Im not sure who is gonna win on Sunday, If Johnson doesnt figure a way to keep Mike Vick in the pocket I think Atlanta takes it, and let me say this if spying Jevon Kearse is Johnson's answer then its gonna be a long day for the Eagles. GO FALCONS!
I doubt they'll be calling for any heads if the iggles lose. I bet they'll all be using the injured TO as an excuse.

But I agree with you... GO FALCONS!!!

Jeff1220
01-22-2005, 01:38 PM
It's definitely more pathetic, especially with the drop in talent in the NFC the last couple of years. However, it will never be as recognized as pathetic since it is on a smaller stage than the Bills' losses. As far as the general public is concerned, few people remember the losers of the conference championships, but usually remember SB losers.

DraftBoy
01-22-2005, 02:22 PM
I doubt they'll be calling for any heads if the iggles lose. I bet they'll all be using the injured TO as an excuse.

But I agree with you... GO FALCONS!!!

Andy Reid 4 trips the NFC Championship game in 4 games they arguably were the best team and each time they got beat...Id be questioning whether Reid can do it or not if I was an Eagles fan.

honey
01-22-2005, 08:02 PM
I was listening to a sports radio station today and they were saying that the city so desperately wants a win that if Philly loses there would be a total riot in the streets. :eek:

The Natrix
01-23-2005, 09:05 AM
I hope the eagles lose. I can't stand their stupid fans.

G. Host
01-23-2005, 09:14 AM
I was listening to a sports radio station today and they were saying that the city so desperately wants a win that if Philly loses there would be a total riot in the streets. :eek:

I think there will be a riot either way. Some people just like to riot.

Bill Brasky
01-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Eagles fans are complete ****ing idiots. My roomate from college is from Philly, die hard Eagles fan. I had 3 years of great mocking from those previous losses. I was talking to him the other day and he still thinks the Bills 4 loses in the SB are more pathetic. Typical Philly fan, close minded and their team could win 2 games a season and they'd still be superior to anyone else. How can 3 championship game losses not be more pathetic than Super Bowl loses... they couldn't even MAKE IT to the SB. I hope they get killed today. I hate Vick and ATL but I hate Philly even more.

WCoastFin
01-23-2005, 12:22 PM
I hope the eagles lose. I can't stand their stupid fans.

I hope the eagles lose only becasue of Terrell Owens.

FTG
01-23-2005, 12:26 PM
I hope the eagles lose only becasue of Terrell Owens.

WTH have you been. We really missed your rankings this season :snicker:

im4bflo
01-23-2005, 12:28 PM

I think the city will riot.
Not even able to make it to the big dance, is more pathetic.
I hope the Falcon's win, give those eagles the rep we've had to endure, we won 4 AFC Championships IN A ROW :dance:
They're just :loser: 's!