PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe Article.

ScottLawrence
01-22-2005, 12:05 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=25976

Should be interesting the next couple weeks.

I for one, don't think Drew would accept a back up role.

FTG
01-22-2005, 12:14 PM
I don't think he would either

YardRat
01-22-2005, 12:17 PM
I think it all depends on re-structuring. Either get cut outright, or come back at less pay and beat Losman out for the job.

Mr. Cynical
01-22-2005, 04:02 PM
When asked if he thought Bledsoe would accept a back-up role, Donahoe said he wouldn't speak for Bledsoe. He went on to say that wouldn't be a likely scenario - that the most likely would be Bledsoe returning as a starter, or an open competition with Losman.So the way I read this is either Drew is named the starter or he means to cut Drew if JP beats him in camp. Otherwise, he would be in a back-up role, which TD says isn't a likely scenario.

Since I highly doubt he will be named the starter, this has me thinking Drew will not be back next year (assuming JP can beat him in camp). Wishful thinking maybe, but it lines up with this latest comment.

lordofgun
01-22-2005, 07:35 PM
I like how this sounds...like the end of Bledsoe. I'll believe it when I see it though.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-22-2005, 09:38 PM
and You can see the rest of the interview on Sports xtra Sunday at 11:30 on WGRZ Ch 2

olivia
01-23-2005, 08:11 AM
My first post ever. I am a first year Bill fan. I wrestled in the Big 10 and am a huge Lee Evans fan. I watched every Bill game this year and do not understand this Bledsoe bashing. The guy is a pure (tough) pocket passer with no speed. Once the offensive line started jelling the guy managed the game great and with that offensive system of pounding the ball with #21 and occasional going deep, Bledsoe is perfect. I thought I would do some research to see what the uproar was and found out the guy has had a different system and Offensive coach 5 times in the last 7 years. I want to see the Bills and Lee Evans get a Super Bowl Ring and I think you got to give Bledsoe a shot. If he looks bad then you replace him.

helmetguy
01-23-2005, 08:18 AM
My first post ever. I am a first year Bill fan. I wrestled in the Big 10 and am a huge Lee Evans fan. I watched every Bill game this year and do not understand this Bledsoe bashing. The guy is a pure (tough) pocket passer with no speed. Once the offensive line started jelling the guy managed the game great and with that offensive system of pounding the ball with #21 and occasional going deep, Bledsoe is perfect. I thought I would do some research to see what the uproar was and found out the guy has had a different system and Offensive coach 5 times in the last 7 years. I want to see the Bills and Lee Evans get a Super Bowl Ring and I think you got to give Bledsoe a shot. If he looks bad then you replace him.
Welcome to the 'Zone! Just a few words of caution: Objectivity, for the most part, is the forbidden fruit around here. Your first post makes 'way too much sense. Keep up the good work!

mybills
01-23-2005, 08:25 AM
I am a first year football fan. I do not understand this Bledsoe bashing.

that explains it!
welcome to the zone! :D :mex:

FTG
01-23-2005, 08:28 AM

:welcome: We wanna see Lee Evans get a ring too. Thats why we want Drew outta here :up:

helmetguy
01-23-2005, 08:30 AM
:welcome: We wanna see Lee Evans get a ring too. Thats why we want Drew outta here :up:
See what I mean, olivia? Some just have nothing substantive to add.

FTG
01-23-2005, 08:35 AM

:rolleyes: It's called a differance of opinion. A lot of us think we have a better chance at that ring with someone else. We think we are right, you think you are. I think TD is starting to see our side. Are you gonna rip him if he does release Bledsoe?

mybills
01-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Not for nothing but..there's a big difference of opinion between a first year fan and a long time fan. Not saying one loves the Bills more than the other, just saying there's a big difference.

Now stfu or I'll never kiss your helmet again! :D

TheWingHead
01-23-2005, 08:42 AM

Bledsoe is not Perfect, Peyton manning, Donavan mcnabb, these guys are perfect. Bledsoe is old his time is come and gone. Evans is young, J.P is young maybe in another 2-3 years there time will come we have a solid Defense and our coach is great. Bledsoe is the weakest link, Goodbye

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Peyton manning, Donavan mcnabb, these guys are perfect.:huh:

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 08:44 AM
Not for nothing but..there's a big difference of opinion between a first year fan and a long time fan. Not saying one loves the Bills more than the other, just saying there's a big difference. It has nothing to do with how long you're a fan. Besides, helmetguy's been a Bills fan since the days of the old Rockpile

TheWingHead
01-23-2005, 08:45 AM
:huh:

You don't think if we had one of them on our team we could not be in this game today

olivia
01-23-2005, 08:46 AM
I think TD and MM are solid football guy's who will make what they think is the right decision. As a BILLS fan you and I should support the decision. My opinion is a football opinion not a JP or Drew Lover/Hater opinion.

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 08:50 AM
You don't think if we had one of them on our team we could not be in this game today

Manning's team got knocked out last week...how's he perfect? McNabb's team got knocked out of the NFC title game 3 years in a row...not perfect either. Besides, how can we know they'd do as well in Buffalo as they do in their own systems and personnel groupings? It's hardly just the QB who was responsible for us missing the playoffs

FTG
01-23-2005, 08:51 AM
I think TD and MM are solid football guy's who will make what they think is the right decision. As a BILLS fan you and I should support the decision. My opinion is a football opinion not a JP or Drew Lover/Hater opinion.

Thats where I disagree. I don't think we as fans should just support every decision they make if we disagree with it. I don't expect people who support bringing back Bledsoe to just say TD was right if he releases him.

mybills
01-23-2005, 08:53 AM
It has nothing to do with how long you're a fan. Besides, helmetguy's been a Bills fan since the days of the old Rockpile
As usual, what I said went right over your head.

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 08:55 AM
As usual, what I said went right over your head.

I doubt it...sounds like you're questioning olivia's knowledge based on how long she's been a fan :idunno: How long someone's been a Bills fan has nothing to do with anything...and you're the one who brought it up

TheWingHead
01-23-2005, 08:55 AM
It's hardly just the QB who was responsible for us missing the playoffs

You are right. Until the fifth week it was the running back. The last game it was both defense and offense. But Bledsoe has been a factor through almost every game (he has had Some good games)

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 08:57 AM
You are right. Until the fifth week it was the running back. The last game it was both defense and offense. But Bledsoe has been a factor through almost every game (he has had Some good games)

Everyone's who's suited up and taken the field was a factor in every loss or win. In every game, no one had a perfect game...everyone could have improved

mybills
01-23-2005, 08:59 AM
I doubt it...sounds like you're questioning olivia's knowledge based on how long she's been a fan :idunno: How long someone's been a Bills fan has nothing to do with anything...and you're the one who brought it up
still wrong!

Captain gameboy
01-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Somebody call 911.

Our newest member, Olivia, is about to get hit with a rototiller, and we should be courteous enough to provide immediate medical assistance.

jamze132
01-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Do you guys actually think that JP would beat out Drew in a competition during camp? Drew ain't losing no training camp competition to anyone on our roster. Does that mean that Drew would have a better year than JP on the field? No. I don't expect much from JP in his first year, but I actually expected more from Drew this year. I don't think we win or lose more than last year if JP starts, so what's the delay for getting him on the field?

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 09:01 AM
still wrong!

then enlighten me as to why you'd bring up something so inconsequential as how long someone's been a fan...should be interesting :popcorn:

mybills
01-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Do you guys actually think that JP would beat out Drew in a competition during camp?

yes

TheWingHead
01-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Everyone's who's suited up and taken the field was a factor in every loss or win. In every game, no one had a perfect game...everyone could have improved

And mostly Drew... In the Cleveland game Drew went 12 for 27, with 100 passing yards. We won 37-7. Arizona game he went 8 for 17, with 81 passing yards. We won 38-14. Our team is solid drew is not. In the Arizona Game willis had two touchdowns, as in the Cleveland game. Drew can hand of the ball. But when we face a defense that can stop the run.. New england and Pittsburgh, Drew fails.

helmetguy
01-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Our biggest roadblocks to the SB left in early February. Mularkey did a hell of a job leading this team to 9-7. Nobody in his right mind (particularly a rookie HC) would even consider placing the entire onus for winning on the QB without addressing what a QB needs to work with. To simply jettison Bledsoe does nothing to answer the question of why the Bills fell just short of the playoffs. Bledsoe wasn't the only guy who needed time to grasp the new offensive concept. McGahee, as much as we love him, still wasn't back to his old self yet. Moulds had to adapt to a different style. We lost numerous TEs to injury. However, the defense has some explaining to do. Just as some say Bledsoe plays well against the lesser clubs, but plays "small" in big games, can the same observation be made of the defense? Statistcally (which means very little) the unit was ranked near the top of the league. They feasted on the likes of Cleveland, Oakland, Cincy, Seattle and St.Louis. Jay Feely (and we all agree Miami is crappy) toasted that vaunted unit. Pittsburgh's First String O-Line OWNED them. As did New England. Will simply getting rid of Bledsoe, and eating about $4 million in cap space with it, address those other concerns? Rave on witless drones. Without objectivity, opinions are as functional as, well, you know. We all have one.

TheWingHead
01-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Will simply getting rid of Bledsoe, and eating about $4 million in cap space with it, address those other concerns?

Of course not, there is no instant gratifacation. But like I said in one of my earlier posts, Lee is young, J.P is young in two to three years we could have a superbowl team.

Mr. Cynical
01-23-2005, 06:29 PM
:rolleyes: It's called a differance of opinion. A lot of us think we have a better chance at that ring with someone else. We think we are right, you think you are. I think TD is starting to see our side. Are you gonna rip him if he does release Bledsoe?
:bf1:

lordofgun
01-23-2005, 08:50 PM
We will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Drew. Never.

Unless he's the backup.

FTG
01-23-2005, 08:56 PM
We will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Drew. Never.

Unless he's the backup.

Home come the DLC never jumps on you when you say things like that. Friggen wimps.

Mr. Cynical
01-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Home come the DLC never jumps on you when you say things like that. Friggen wimps.
Never underestimate The Power of Log. :;

But yes, I've often wondered that myself.

lordofgun
01-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Maybe because I don't try to segregate people or lump them into groups?

I'm a man of the people. :D

Iehoshua
01-23-2005, 09:01 PM

Never underestimate The Power of Log. :;

But yes, I've often wondered that myself.

LOG is :mex: all the way.

Tick him off and be :banned:

Iehoshua
01-23-2005, 09:04 PM

You may deny it all you like... brother. :mex:

FTG
01-23-2005, 09:05 PM

Time to come out of the closet and admit you are an :mex:

lordofgun
01-23-2005, 09:06 PM
I like Drew as a person...hate him as starting QB of the Bills. So I guess I'm in both camps.

http://www.canadaimmigrant.freewebspace.com/photogallery/pics/Swiss%20flag.gif

FTG
01-23-2005, 09:09 PM
How do you know you like Drew as a person? Have you ever met him?

lordofgun
01-23-2005, 09:10 PM
How do you know you like Drew as a person? Have you ever met him?
We've run into each other a few times.

Mr. Cynical
01-23-2005, 09:11 PM
I like Drew as a person...hate him as starting QB of the Bills. So I guess I'm in both camps. I don't know of any amigo that hates Drew as a person. I know I certainly don't. That is DLC propaganda. :;

Amigos hate him as the QB of the Bills, nothing more.

Iehoshua
01-23-2005, 09:12 PM
I don't know of any amigo that hates Drew as a person. I know I certainly don't. That is DLC propaganda. :;
I concur. The Amigos are all about a new QB. It's nothing personal, all business.

:mex:

lordofgun
01-23-2005, 09:14 PM
I'd join, but I hate mexicans. :idunno:

Iehoshua
01-23-2005, 09:18 PM
The Amigos are not affilated with any other country or nationality besides Americans. Our title is merely a symbol given to us that we decided to keep.

lordofgun
01-23-2005, 09:22 PM
The entire spanish language gives me the heebie jeebies.

mybills
01-23-2005, 09:34 PM
I can't speak for them, but I'm certainly not a mexican amigo. :tip: