PDA

View Full Version : what can Drew teach JP ?

im4bflo
01-22-2005, 12:15 PM
He can tell him about certain situations, but what JP really needs, is playing time, to get experience.
We have a QB coach, trading Drew would save cap room for signing other players.

generalmills
01-22-2005, 01:08 PM
as much as i dont like drew as a player... he can do a great job behind JP.. look at the relationship that he and Tom Brady developed in NE during the most ackward of situations. Drew is clearly an unselfish player who seems to have an ability teaching younger QB's. Yes, we have a QB coach and a very good one at that. But Sam Wysch cannot drop back to pass or teach JP the intangible aspects of the position in the NFL. Drew HAS had a great number of years experience and I think it would only help JP's development to have Drew taking the second team snaps behind him. And lets face it... a team would have to be under the influence of alot of illegal substances to give us anything for Drew under his current contract!

elltrain22
01-22-2005, 01:26 PM
how to get sacked and fumble the ball

BillsFanInMass
01-22-2005, 02:17 PM
How too run like a wounded turltle or how to lock on the receiver b4 throwing it.

DraftBoy
01-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Reading coverages, Hot reads, learning the offense, audibles, defensive blitz packages, Knowing where his WR's are, the timing, the intricacies of each play, his mechanics, his leadership, his confidence...Those are just some of the things Drew can teach JP.

ShadowHawk7
01-22-2005, 02:35 PM
He can tell him about certain situations, but what JP really needs, is playing time, to get experience.
Who would actually trade for DB at this point of his career?

mybills
01-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Reading coverages, Hot reads, learning the offense, audibles, defensive blitz packages, Knowing where his WR's are, the timing, the intricacies of each play, his mechanics, his leadership, his confidence...Those are just some of the things Drew can teach JP.

Not!
He has to learn them first before he teaches them to JP. :mex:

Mr. Cynical
01-22-2005, 03:51 PM
what can Drew teach JP ?

Drew :blah: JP

Tatonka
01-22-2005, 05:12 PM
how to get sacked and fumble the ball

:up:

STAMPY
01-22-2005, 05:34 PM

Ya Drew aint a star any longer, But how has he been a pro for 10 plus years? Like if he can't do these things, Why do people give him chances?

Great post draftboy... pos rep on way

yes i want JP starting, but yes i think drew can teach him a lot

zone
01-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Do you all honestly think DB is going to be a second stringer next year? Get real. If he is not starting for us, he will be for someone else.

wazz
01-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Bledsoe still has plenty in the tank. we all saw a marked improvement when he was protected above averagely, and that was enough to have him completing passes, avoiding the rush, stepping up in the pocket, and even "taking off" when he had too.

Bledsoe is just getting older and he's slow. That's not his fault, he's naturally slow. BUT he does know when he SHOULD run. If he can teach JP when to take ff and when to sit tight, this is a great sign. Also stepping up into the pocket to let a rush go past you. Drew CAN do this, and does do this. JP will learn LOTS from observing and being eager. Drew offers lots, IF jp chooses to take it.

zone
01-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Exactly look at Brady after studying under Drew.

wazz
01-22-2005, 06:48 PM
that's the thing exactly! Tom Brady is well known for how well he prepares and how hard he works learning and learning all the time. You've got to be hungry to succeed at QB in this league, u have to take take take information from whereever u can. take it, learn it, improve it, practice it.

bledslow
01-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Exactly look at Brady after studying under Drew.

please -these(drew n brady) are 2 completely dif qb's.tom had his own style before he even got to n.e. the only thing that jp(like tom) can learn from drew is by actually watching drew play,and learning WHAT NOT TO DO by watching drew. drew got chit valuable to say

jamze132
01-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Bledsoe still has plenty in the tank. we all saw a marked improvement when he was protected above averagely, and that was enough to have him completing passes, avoiding the rush, stepping up in the pocket, and even "taking off" when he had too.

Bledsoe is just getting older and he's slow. That's not his fault, he's naturally slow. BUT he does know when he SHOULD run. If he can teach JP when to take ff and when to sit tight, this is a great sign. Also stepping up into the pocket to let a rush go past you. Drew CAN do this, and does do this. JP will learn LOTS from observing and being eager. Drew offers lots, IF jp chooses to take it.

Uh... I dont know what Drew you where watching. I am sure that JP will can and will learn a lot from Drew but when Drew trys to tell JP when to exit the pocket, I think JP will exit the room.

Dozerdog
01-23-2005, 05:11 PM
According to the cap, cutting Drew (accelerating his bonuses) and signing a marginal replacement will cost the same if not more than just keeping him.

I don't see an issue with him being a backup. And if he takes another paycut, it saves the Bills cap space.

Whatever Donehoe decides, I'll be very comfortable with.

RedEyE
01-23-2005, 05:19 PM
What can he teach?

How to take a hit.

illusionone
01-23-2005, 09:21 PM
How about.... How to not let the media & Fans negativity keep you down. How to stay focused.

Bledsoe could have tanked the rest of the season by letting the media bring him down, but he responded in a pos way by helping his team win 6 games in a row.