55. Buffalo Bills - Kevin Everett, TE, Miami
87. Buffalo Bills - Jeremy Parquet, OT, Southern Miss
117. Buffalo Bills - Alphonso Hodge, CB, Miami-Ohio
148. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Jacobs, RB, Southern Illinois
183. Buffalo Bills - Darrell Shropshire, DT, South Carolina
214. Buffalo Bills - Stanford Routt, CB, Houston

lordofgun
01-22-2005, 08:23 PM
With the new illegal contact rules, there's no way a CB should ever go #1 overall.

Crisis
01-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Ronnie Brown at #5 overall over Cedric Benson #12 overall is something I dont agree with. No way Benson goes out of top 10- especially if Cadillac goes at 8.

lordofgun
More on Kevin Everett: http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/Profiles/kevineverettprofile.htm

Crisis
Where's Matt Leinart? :huh:

He's staying in USC.

lordofgun
01-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Where's Matt Leinart? :huh:
Negged.

Crisis
01-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Also- No way Alex Smith goes to #24.

The_Philster
01-22-2005, 08:31 PM
He's staying in USC.

:doh: I even posted the article in the forums

TigerJ
01-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Kevin Everett - athletic receiving TE without much experience
Jeremy Parquet - he's big - 6'7" 337 lbs.
Alphonso Hodge - has great size and excellent speed for a corner. He's easily big enough to play safety - I think this would be an outstanding pick.
Brandon Jacobs - a 6'4" 260 lb running back who runs the 40 in 4.5 You gotta be kidding me. He's not going to make people miss, but if you need som tough yards it seems like you could hardly go wrong. Doesn't block well for that size. If you could teach him he might also be able to take snaps at fullback and tight end. If nothing else he could give you a lot of versatility.
Darrell Shropshire - Quick but undersized. Can you say "Lavale Sape?"
Stanfor Routt - decent size and speed. A good value pick in round 7.

Thanks for finding this. Most mocks right now are just the one round. A few will start adding additional rounds as we get closer to the draft.

clumping platelets
01-22-2005, 09:06 PM
I do not like the Everett pick. He's definitely NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's also a little on the "me" side. His play reflected this late in the season.

I prefer an interior OL prospect early

Love the Hodge and Jacobs picks.

Need a young versatile LB for the future somewhere in the draft

clumping platelets
01-22-2005, 09:07 PM
I would love to see the Bills get the C/G from Ole Miss, Chris Spencer in rd 2

dannyek71
01-22-2005, 10:00 PM
no way we draft everett...he doesnt have a knee injury does he?

That draft might be the dumbest one ive seen yet

ShadowHawk7
01-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah, i definitley don't think TE is THAT big of an issue.

Bmax
01-23-2005, 12:03 AM
TE will be an issue for the bills .. But i say they go the free agent route..Cam Cleeland from the rams a more likely pick would be Cj BROOKS FROM MD....or elton brown from va the mamoth ol-OG...

BMAX

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 05:26 AM
Yeah, i definitley don't think TE is THAT big of an issue.

I agree. Campbell-Neufeld-Euhus may not be the best set of TE's in the NFL, but it's still a good combination

SABURZFAN
01-23-2005, 05:55 AM
what a horrible draft.overall and for our team.i would be pissed off if our draft came out like this.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-23-2005, 06:00 AM
Hmmm, I am not the only one that likes Ronnie Brown more than Benson and Williams.

Jayhawk
01-23-2005, 07:37 AM
how many tight ends do we have on roster? 3 or 4? We don't need another one. Draft a center so we can move teague to LT. But the rest is good.

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 07:48 AM
how many tight ends do we have on roster? 3 or 4? We don't need another one. Draft a center so we can move teague to LT. But the rest is good.

Campbell-Neufeld-Euhus-Peters-Trafford makes 5

Jan Reimers
01-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Why, with their need for O and D linemen, would the Bills take a TE with their 1st pick? Campbell is a nice player, and Euhus has the potential to be a very good one.

helmetguy
01-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Why, with their need for O and D linemen, would the Bills take a TE in the 1st Round? Campbell is a nice player, and Euhus has the potential to be a very good one.
A voice of reason has returned! Welcome back, Jan! How was the vacation?

Jan Reimers
01-23-2005, 11:33 AM
. . . And how about a linebacker? We don't have much depth there.

Jan Reimers
01-23-2005, 11:38 AM
A voice of reason has returned! Welcome back, Jan! How was the vacation?
Great, hg, thanks for asking. St. Maarten isn't bad this time of year, especially considering it's 22 degrees with winds gusting to 40 mph here in the "balmy" Outer Banks.

Dantheman1280
01-23-2005, 01:33 PM
http://www.draftshowcase.com/swmock05.htm

Bills picks:

55. Buffalo Bills - Kevin Everett, TE, Miami
87. Buffalo Bills - Jeremy Parquet, OT, Southern Miss
117. Buffalo Bills - Alphonso Hodge, CB, Miami-Ohio
148. Buffalo Bills - Brandon Jacobs, RB, Southern Illinois
183. Buffalo Bills - Darrell Shropshire, DT, South Carolina
214. Buffalo Bills - Stanford Routt, CB, Houston

I dont think we need a tight end, give Euhus a chance. I like the O-line pick. I like the CB pick. Since Travis is as good as gone I like the RB pick. If we are gonna draft a DT lets draft a DT with some beef. I dont understand the second CB pick, Kevin thomas is servicable. I like Greer and think he can develope. Not a bad draft over all, as long as we dont draft any linebackers, we have tons of young guys at LB and dont need anymore.

ParanoidAndroid
01-23-2005, 03:12 PM
I dont think we need a tight end, give Euhus a chance. I like the O-line pick. I like the CB pick. Since Travis is as good as gone I like the RB pick. If we are gonna draft a DT lets draft a DT with some beef. I dont understand the second CB pick, Kevin thomas is servicable. I like Greer and think he can develope. Not a bad draft over all, as long as we dont draft any linebackers, we have tons of young guys at LB and dont need anymore.

A CB in the 3rd or 4th is a good idea but the second pick, I agree, is weird. I couldn't disagree more about the LB thing. Remember, Haggans is our back-up in the middle. He's been on and off the practice squad and really isn't very good. Angelo Crowell is decent on the outside and Stamer is a worker, but the drop-off is very significant if any one of our starters goes down. We need depth at MLB. No doubt. Now, on the other hand, we're set at DT as long as Williams stays. Edwards has proven he can be a starter if he's called on, and Anderson is still developing.

venis2k1
01-23-2005, 03:20 PM
take nugent in the second and i would be estatic, to all those who say the second is too high to draft a kicker, look at our second round picks the last few years, reed, kelsay, denny. would you trade one of them to have a great clutch kicker for 10-15 years.

The_Philster
01-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Campbell-Neufeld-Euhus-Peters-Trafford makes 5

and Joe Donnelly makes 6

:doh: Forgot about him :couch: