• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Official Atlanta/Philly game thread

A little late, but I didn't see one started.

What I'm seeing is a mediocre defense from Atl, but they have a pretty good special teams. I'm also seeing a damn good defense from Philly, and they're all over Vick's chit. Philly is going in for another TD, because Atl's D isn't stepping up enough.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Another thing I'm seeing is stupid penalties and bad spotting of the ball. I know the zebra's job is tough, but the booth is sound asleep for some of these.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• helmetguy
      Touch the helmet for luck
      • Sep 2002

Bill Corollo's crew is working the game. Need I say more?
      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

lol. Well, they only got the field goal. Guess mediocre is good enough sometimes.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Man, it looks like they don't trust Peerless talent..he had one man coverage and space between them, and they STILL won't throw to him.

Comment

• helmetguy
            • Sep 2002

Vick throw into the wind? Look at the havoc the wind is wreaking on Chris Mohr; and he cut his teeth in Buffalo winds.

-Deep Purple

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

That's the second time I saw them pass on the Price opportunity. He was wide open for a 5 yd TD pass, and they handed off and got stuffed. Then Vick ran it on 3rd down and got stuffed right afterwards..Philly held them to a FG.

Maybe it's just me, knowing what he can do.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Why can't they cover Westbrook?

Comment

• helmetguy
                  • Sep 2002

I know what you mean. By the same token, when you have a run first/pass maybe QB like Vick, WRs are almost an afterthought.

-Deep Purple

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

When you say bad spot of the ball- were you referring to Westbrook's 3rd down play when he went out of bounds after a catch right before the half?

I thought the spot was decent. Westbrook made no attempt to dive for the sticks- yeah he tried to get his feet to the 1st down marker, but if you look where the ball was, it was in his right hand. With his shoulders parallell to the sideline, it was in the hand furthest away from the marker.

I thought the spot was decent.

I also don't have any major problem with the officials (yet) today either.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Philly 20
                      Atl 10

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Yes Dozer, that was the spot I was talking about. I saw his foot on the 1st down, then I saw what you mean by the ball & shoulder. The ball was stretched after his foot hit the spot, and the spotting by the ref looked backwards. Instead of marking the spot where the foot & ball were, he spotted it behind him. That's what it looked like to me anyway.

Comment

• Mr.Reality
                          • Nov 2002

It'd be nice for Atlanta if Vick knew how to play QB, because Philly only has about two guys in their secondary.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

ATL will do better as soon as they accept that Philly isn't STL!

Comment

• helmetguy
                              • Sep 2002

What the hell was Collinsworth just talking about? He's got the Eagles confused with the Falcons by the sound of it.

-Deep Purple

Comment

Working...
                              X