TigerJ
01-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Michael "The Statue" Vick?

mybills
01-23-2005, 04:25 PM
He ain't running too far today! :chuckle:

G. Host
01-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Vick is not a QB but a RB in the option system. He would be better as a pure RB IMO.

Gunzlingr
01-23-2005, 04:33 PM
He would be almost perfect if the turf were a receiver.

Mr.Reality
01-23-2005, 04:35 PM
You see him get drilled by that fat guy on the goalline? He got hammered. It was like, instantly on his back. haha.

They're asking a lot from their defense. Sooner or later Vick's gonna have to do something or they're gonna break.

Captain gameboy
01-23-2005, 04:58 PM
No help from Peerless either.
All of our theories on Price are confirmed.

Clearly the best TD move thus far.

Bufftp
01-23-2005, 05:03 PM

:bf1:

RedEyE
01-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Vick is the MOST overrated player in history.

FTG
01-23-2005, 05:29 PM

:up: without a doubt When they showed Arthur Blank near the end of the game I just laughed thinking what a sucker TD made of him

honey
01-23-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm gonna call him Vickie from now on. :snicker:

Michael82
01-23-2005, 06:14 PM
:hi5:

I totally agree. The media is always all over his **** and it is disgusting. I'm so glad that he sucked today and was held to only 26 yards rushing. :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
01-23-2005, 06:16 PM
I like Vick and think he has a good chance to be an elite QB. :idunno:

honey
01-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Actually, I like him, too, but at this point I don't think he is up to McNabb, Culpepper or Brady's quality. I think he will be, just not yet. :smile:

Bufftp
01-23-2005, 06:29 PM

I totally agree. The media is always all over his **** and it is disgusting. I'm so glad that he sucked today and was held to only 26 yards rushing. :snicker:
You sound so Rush Limboughesque, shame on you!

Michael82
01-23-2005, 06:34 PM
You sound so Rush Limboughesque, shame on you!
I bet Rush enjoyed watching Donovan McNabb win the game today. :snicker:

Typ0
01-23-2005, 06:42 PM

I disagree with this...he's probably the best athlete in the league. He's going to mature and learn when to run and when to throw more and then it will be different...because he really has a great arm he just isn't using it like he should. Like him or not...he's got Atlanta winning and they stink without him.

Mad Bomber
01-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Vick is not a QB but a RB in the option system. He would be better as a pure RB IMO.

:up: EXACTLY!!!! This guy is NO QB...he looks first to run, rather than pass. He should be a tailback.

helmetguy
01-23-2005, 07:05 PM
I disagree with this...he's probably the best athlete in the league. He's going to mature and learn when to run and when to throw more and then it will be different...because he really has a great arm he just isn't using it like he should. Like him or not...he's got Atlanta winning and they stink without him.
In other words, he's a southpawed Kordell Stewart.

YardRat
01-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Is having a rather Bledsoesque day today! :D :roflmao:
So is Rothlisberger...

Dozerdog
01-23-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't see it. All he's got is his speed and athleticism. It works now, but once injuries slow him down just a bit and he must rely a lot more on his arm and decision making, he will come back to earth.

Mr. Cynical
01-23-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't see it. All he's got is his speed and athleticism. It works now, but once injuries slow him down just a bit and he must rely a lot more on his arm and decision making, he will come back to earth.I think he also has a great arm. IMO, the problem is that this was only his 2nd full season and they weren't even back to back ('02 and '04). In addition he's had 3 coaches in 4 years, each with a different system. When he's had another full year under Mora to give him some consistency I think he'll improve his decision making and take the next step.

Dozerdog
01-23-2005, 07:42 PM
He's only had 2 coaches - Reeves and Mora.

Wade Phillips filled in for 2 games last year when Reeves quit- I hardly think Wade had a new "system"- he had the same OC, playbook, players.

It boils down to this- In his 4 seasons I can't recall a game where he just lit it up and won a game through the air.

He was DEAD LAST in the league throwing to WR's. And this is a guy who plays in a dome, and his road games are in the NFC South- not exactly a frozen tundra. Let's see him break 3,000 passing and 20-25 TDs a season.

He is a unique weapon- but he will wear out quickly. Maybe not as quick as Stewart, but pretty quick.

Similar QBs like Culpepper and McNabb have developed good pure passing skills. Watching those horrible passes today have not convinced me he's got any great passing skills.

But- only time will tell.

Mr. Cynical
01-23-2005, 07:54 PM
He's only had 2 coaches - Reeves and Mora.

Wade Phillips filled in for 2 games last year when Reeves quit- I hardly think Wade had a new "system"- he had the same OC, playbook, players.

It boils down to this- In his 4 seasons I can't recall a game where he just lit it up and won a game through the air.

He was DEAD LAST in the league throwing to WR's. And this is a guy who plays in a dome, and his road games are in the NFC South- not exactly a frozen tundra. Let's see him break 3,000 passing and 20-25 TDs a season.

He is a unique weapon- but he will wear out quickly. Maybe not as quick as Stewart, but pretty quick.

Similar QBs like Culpepper and McNabb have developed good pure passing skills. Watching those horrible passes today have not convinced me he's got any great passing skills.

But- only time will tell.
Ok, so 2 coaches in 4 years, but he had a different coach for each full season he played. Still not exactly what I would call a steady environment conducive to helping a young QB grow.

His QB rating avg for those 2 years is 79.9, which while not great, is still better than alot of QBs.

So I guess we can agree to disagree on our views about him, but can agree only time will tell.

mybills
01-23-2005, 09:42 PM

Did you notice that they weren't throwing to him for most of the game? And when they did, he was covered and could not catch the pass?
(continuence of my opinion in the game thread.) :;

ShadowHawk7
01-23-2005, 09:50 PM

Lol, seriously. Love those Nike Gridiron commercials though, especially the CG one w/ T.O.

Check this out guys! Fricken awesome! :shocked:
Best football commercial ever. (http://www.terrellowens.com/video/0031.php)

Gunzlingr
01-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Peerless had 45 catches for 575 yards and 3 TDs. It proves he is the no. 1 WR on the team!

ryven
01-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Peerless had 45 catches for 575 yards and 3 TDs. It proves he is the no. 1 WR on the team!

it's bad when the TE beat in catches, yards, and touchdowns.

# 83 Alge Crumpler
2004 Atlanta Falcons 48 catches 774 yards 6 touchdowns

tampabay25690
01-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Oh no.....He had a bad game. But I will take Michael Vick on my team anyday...........

helmetguy
01-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Oh no.....He had a bad game. But I will take Michael Vick on my team anyday...........
I would too...as a tailback. And then only if he'd learn to tuck the ball away.

Gunzlingr
01-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Better hope your running game and D are huge, or you will be losing a crapload of games.

Earthquake Enyart
01-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Another dome guy outside. :cynic:

On the rug he's a huge factor. The frozen tundra is a great equalizer.

Atlanta sure needs a big time WR to help him out. Dez White blows.

Michael82
01-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Ya think Randy Moss would enjoy catching passes from Michael Vick? :D

Iehoshua
01-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Another dome guy outside. :cynic:

On the rug he's a huge factor. The frozen tundra is a great equalizer.

Vick had no problem spanking the Packers on the frozen tundra a few years ago in the playoffs...

helmetguy
01-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Ya think Randy Moss would enjoy catching passes from Michael Vick? :D
Do you think Vick could wait a second or two for Mess to get off the LOS before he decides to run instead of pass? Now that I think of it, with Atlanta's offensive philosophy, Mess would make a hell of a decoy.