X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

I hate Mo Lewis

If you want to pick a single player most instrumental to the success of the New England Patriots you have to think it is a player that didn't ever wear a Patriots uniform.
    If Mo Lewis never hurt Bledsoe then Brady probably would of been nothing more than a career backup. Bledsoe signed a long contract extension a year or two prior to the injury and was going to be the Pats QB for many years to come. Ever since that injury the Patriots have been close to unbeatable with Brady at the helm at QB. I honestly don't think the Patriots would of even made it to any super bowl if the injury never happened and Drew was their QB.
  • pats-were-right
    Just paint a target on my forehead
    • Dec 2003

Actually mutterings were that if Bledsoe had stunk up the joint versus Indy the next week he would have been benched. You're right in that the Brady erawould have at least beeen delayed.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I think Bellicheck wanted his own guy in there anyways. He wanted to wash the organzation of the Parcels era.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Bledsoe was on his way out already, BB really really liked Brady from when he picked him, he was their #2 or #1 QB on their draft board that year, with Tim Rattay.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X