PDA

View Full Version : ok im ready to say it, TOM BRADY is....

STAMPY
01-24-2005, 12:51 PM
The best QB in the games Today. He does nothing but win BIG GAMES. Every year he has great numbers and wins games. As do other elite QBs in game. But unlike the Favres, mannings, mcnabbs. Tom Brady Doesn't choke in playoffs. He plays his best games when the games count most. He is on his way to another ring. a 3rd SB ring. He's only freakin 27. A border line HoFer already.

He's one of the best ever. He's so young too. He plays mistake free and just wins. BASTARD

I hate that mother ****a!!! I always said he was overrated, i can't lie to myself anymore. Its not just the system. Brady makes that system work

Dozerdog
01-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Good for you Stampy!

Living in denial isn't healthy

jamze132
01-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Heres food for thought. Brady replaced Drew and became one of the top QB's in the league. JP will displace Drew this year. I don't know, maybe JP can follow in Brady's footsteps and make us a perenial contender.

STAMPY
01-24-2005, 01:04 PM
maybe drews a better teacher than player

TheBrownBear
01-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I always thought he and the Patriots were overrated until about half way through this season. I've now come to accept the fact that he really is a great QB. I don't think he's a borderline HOFer. I think he's a HOFer already. (if he wins the SB this year)

Like you said, he's only 27 so he'll be around to torture the Bills for another 5-7 years.

STAMPY
01-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Retire and make movies BRADY you ***!!!

jamze132
01-24-2005, 03:17 PM

I totally agree with this statement. I have posted before that I think Drew is one of the smartest QB's in the league. He just doesn't have it physically anymore. It's not a knock on him. He would be a great mentor for JP and I hope he sticks around the remainder of his contract to assist JP as our QB of the future. I just hope that when Drew tries to explain to him about leaving the pocket, JP leaves the room.

jamze132
01-24-2005, 03:18 PM

This wouldn't hurt us either. Maybe he can somehow get in good with Spielberg.

LtBillsFan66
01-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Hard to argue...

He's calm, cool, and, collected. And on one ***** hell of a roll.

shotgun
01-24-2005, 03:34 PM
The best QB in the games Today. He does nothing but win BIG GAMES. Every year he has great numbers and wins games. As do other elite QBs in game. But unlike the Favres, mannings, mcnabbs. Tom Brady Doesn't choke in playoffs. He plays his best games when the games count most. He is on his way to another ring. a 3rd SB ring. He's only freakin 27. A border line HoFer already.

He's one of the best ever. He's so young too. He plays mistake free and just wins. BASTARD

I hate that mother ****a!!! I always said he was overrated, i can't lie to myself anymore. Its not just the system. Brady makes that system work

u know your right and iam 100% with u on one thing even know how much i hate that s.o.b

Mr. Cynical
01-24-2005, 05:38 PM

I hate that mother ****a!!! I always said he was overrated, i can't lie to myself anymore. Its not just the system. Brady makes that system workI agree he is one of the better QBs in the league but I still don't put him at the top of the list. Belicheck is the reason the Pats are so successful.

Brady is almost never in a position to have to come from behind by many points (if at all). The defense and BB's gamplanning have been more or less perfect. The system that BB has put together requires a cool headed, steady QB. Brady is most definitely those two things. But if you put Brady on the Colts for example, he would look alot less impressive.

I will say that I gained alot more respect for Brady this year watching him take the hits and guiding the team in tough spots. There is no doubt he is a very, very good QB. But IMHO, if here were not in NE with BB, I don't think he has the same success.

JMHO.

Dozerdog
01-24-2005, 05:52 PM
I agree he is one of the better QBs in the league but I still don't put him at the top of the list. Belicheck is the reason the Pats are so successful.

Brady is almost never in a position to have to come from behind by many points (if at all). The defense and BB's gamplanning have been more or less perfect. The system that BB has put together requires a cool headed, steady QB. Brady is most definitely those two things. But if you put Brady on the Colts for example, he would look alot less impressive.

I will say that I gained alot more respect for Brady this year watching him take the hits and guiding the team in tough spots. There is no doubt he is a very, very good QB. But IMHO, if here were not in NE with BB, I don't think he has the same success.

JMHO.

Over the past few years, Brady has engineered a number of really memorable combacks.

This year the Pats have played from ahead most of the time, but last year he has a number of incredible comebacks.

The Denver game where they took a saftey - Brady still brought them back.

The two Super Bowl wins were huge - both requiring Brady to lead game winning drives with little or no time.

If there was one QB right now in the league, with his team down 4 points and 1 minute on the clock, Brady is most likely the one guy in the league I want. I'd take him over Manning.

The_Philster
01-24-2005, 06:23 PM
I think Belichek is the key to New England's success...but Brady is a close second. He's been compared to Montana which is unfair...he's still young and could very well fizzle out. But if he keeps playing at a high level, even if he doesn't lead a team to another title, he should be a first ballot HOFamer

BAM
01-24-2005, 06:59 PM
:clap:

As much as we hate them, you are kidding yourself if you don't agree with STAMPY's statement.

Philagape
01-24-2005, 09:25 PM
I could see Brady playing well for another 10 years. It's not his physical skills that make him good. His strengths are his pocket presence and calmness under pressure and always knowing where the right receiver is

ScottLawrence
01-24-2005, 10:07 PM
I agree he is one of the better QBs in the league but I still don't put him at the top of the list. Belicheck is the reason the Pats are so successful.

I think its the other way around.

Brady is what makes Belicheck and the Pats so successful.

A great coach doesn't win you every big game like Brady has for the Pats.

Players play, Coaches coach.

The Black Bear
01-25-2005, 03:59 AM
Drew Bledsoe doesn't teach doo-doo! Tom Brady has out played him and Michael Bishop said that he didn't learn squat from "The Tin Man" while he was in New England.

The only thing that "The Tin Man" can teach someone is how to be an overrated career loser.

:peace:

Typ0
01-25-2005, 05:00 AM
I think this years NE team is the best yet. That's the whole team...I think it's hillarious that people won't hold DB responsible for squat saying it's a team game and then turn around and say Brady is responsible for the success of the Patriots...and then they say they think DB is our answer and they wouldn't want Micheal Vick. Some people have been sniffing too much glue.

Dozerdog
01-25-2005, 07:07 AM
I think this years NE team is the best yet. That's the whole team...I think it's hillarious that people won't hold DB responsible for squat saying it's a team game and then turn around and say Brady is responsible for the success of the Patriots...and then they say they think DB is our answer and they wouldn't want Micheal Vick. Some people have been sniffing too much glue.
Name names-

Who on this board says the Pat's success is all Brady, yet absolves Bledsoe for the Bills failures.

Captain gameboy
01-25-2005, 07:12 AM
What I find interesting about Brady is how he refutes the draft gurus by his play.
Remember the phrase "He can make all the throws."

Brady can't make all the throws.
He almost never throws a deep out, because he can't.
All his deep stuff is straight down the middle.

He wins and wins. That's more important than combine performance.

Historian
01-25-2005, 09:25 AM

His girlfriend could probably get him started in the acting business. The problem is, he's kind of dorky looking...like LOG.

:D

The_Philster
01-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Name names-

Who on this board says the Pat's success is all Brady, yet absolves Bledsoe for the Bills failures.

*crickets chirping*

wazz
01-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Brady is the best QB in the league.

I couldn't be bothered hitting the quote button, but someone said in the Colts system Brady wouldn't be successful?? could you explain this? I agree entirely he wouldn't be in the superbowl 3 out of 4 years, but that wouldn't be his fault...the D sucks and he would be exactly the same as manning. Capable of scoring 30points a game, but giving up 31.MY point is that in the Colts Offence (much as he runs the New England Offence) he would be EVERY bit as successful as Manning, possibly more.

I also cant agree with people saying that he can;t make all the throws, and that he can;t throw the deep ball. He can, and he proves it when asked to, he just DOESN'T HAVE TO. Brady goes through his motions step by step and grinds teams down. his precission passing and cool head make him every bit as tiring for a D as a powerful running game. How many times do you see defenders ALMOST get to his passes, but u just can't, it's near impossible. He prepares amazingly, he studies the game, he is confident in the system and he KNOWS the system. If i could have any QB in he league, i would take Brady. He's clutch, he makes all the throws, he doesn't get flustered, he will buy into a system and he wont try and make himself better than the team - he just makes the team better.

OpIv37
01-25-2005, 07:24 PM
If Brady has a weakness, it's his deep ball- don't get me wrong- like wazz said, he can throw it when he has to. But it's not his strength and it doesn't have to be.

Montana comparisons are still premature, but Brady is a damn good QB. I hate his preppy ass and hope his team gets stomped.

bledslow
01-26-2005, 01:54 PM

JMHO.

thats garbage, bradys numbers would be better if he was in the colts system. the receiving talent is better(best in league) plain and simple.brady can make every throw consistently. whats in that colt sysytem that brady couldnt do? nothing.colts just have better receivers that get open more often down field. its not any system,its the qb and receivers around him.its either your good or your not. if belichicks system is the thing,then WHY dont ever other team just copy it? why did drew played like crap in it?. ppl say the same thing about montana,but before he took over the job up in sf,steve deberg was the qb in the same system and he did jack c_h_i_t with walsh in the same system.
again,its either your good or your not. no system can teach you to make every throw, no system teaches you accuracy,ability to read defenses,smarts,quick release, playaction,decision making ect ect.,. all things brady has

i was looking at drews stats from his first 4 seasons starting.his last game in his 4th season as starter was his 59th game. i looked at toms total after his first 59 games(same stretch of time). drew had 13 completions of 40 yards or more in 59 games. tom had 27 completions of 40 yards or more in 59 games,and tom did that with about 430 fewer throws(HUGE DIFFERENCE). thats twice as many with hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of less attempts and will get better - tom throws the deep ball with the best of them,and he mainly throws them to decent(not great) 5 foot 9 - 5 foot 10 inch smurf receivers. with givens the only one with decent size