• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Sapp is the biggest scumbag in the NFL

espn.com reports on Chad Clifton injurys:

"The former Tennessee standout(Clifton), a second-round selection in the 2000 draft, suffered torn ligaments in his hip, and substantial bleeding into the pelvis, and there is some suspicion of spinal damage as well."

i wish i could give sapp a nice
  • WCoastFin
    I have the arms of a new born baby!
    • Jul 2002

This is ridicioulus! Why is he a scumbag? the guy was doing his job for crying out loud! Its not like he meant to completely damage the poor guy....My best wishes go toClifton and his family and Im sure Sapp feels the same way, but the guy was just doing his job and I dont believe he intented for a serious injury to happen....something tells me this got a little out of hand only becuz lots of people hate Sapp for having a big mouth, I bet if it was some other scrub that caused something like this it wouldnt be mentioned or hated as much.....thats life in the NFL.
    We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• colin
      Drew's my hero!
      • Jul 2002

The hit was legal.

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

im not saying the hit was illegal, im saying it was unnessasary. the guy was 35 yards away from the play, his eyes down feild. sapp saw him not paying attention and cleaned his clock for no reason other than to do it. thats not the worst part, he then stood over him and taunted him, then celibrated while he layed there with "substantial bleeding into the pelvis" and "spinal damage". i love hits like that when they spirng runners, or allow guys to miss tackles, or even 10 or 20 yards down feild where the ball carrier might go. but there was no reason for sapp to make a block of that kind. Dont tell me "its just football" putting someones life and carrer in danger for no reason what so ever is not "football" its just dirty.

thats just my two cents.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

Just because a hit is legal does not mean it is not dirty. That hit was no way near the play. It was a dirty hit. I will not feel sorry for that idiot when someone takes his knee out.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WCoastFin
            , I bet if it was some other scrub that caused something like this it wouldnt be mentioned or hated as much.....thats life in the NFL.

No....I bet if it had been some scrub that did this the NFL would suspend him. Sapp is an A-hole and I want to see someone take his knees out. Than they can stand over him and laugh and see if he gets po'd!

Comment

• venis2k1
              Youboty can hope
              • Jul 2002

WORD

Comment

• doug45
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WCoastFin
                This is ridicioulus! Why is he a scumbag? the guy was doing his job for crying out loud! Its not like he meant to completely damage the poor guy....My best wishes go toClifton and his family and Im sure Sapp feels the same way, but the guy was just doing his job and I dont believe he intented for a serious injury to happen....something tells me this got a little out of hand only becuz lots of people hate Sapp for having a big mouth, I bet if it was some other scrub that caused something like this it wouldnt be mentioned or hated as much.....thats life in the NFL.
                I do not think any NFL players job is to try to hurt anyone. When you lead with your head and blind side someone who is not in the play that makes you a scum bag in most peoples book.

Comment

• colin
                  Drew's my hero!
                  • Jul 2002

Every NFL O lineman, especially when playing a player like Sapp, tries to blind side any defender in front of them. TB played Philly on a nationally televised game this year and Runyon (who is nasty) blind sides Brooks and knocks him two feet in the air. Brooks gets up laughing and says "He got me again". If that dude who Sapp took out had a shot like that on Sapp he would have taken it.

You guys just have a problem with Sapp.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin

You guys just have a problem with Sapp.

No.............I have a problem with dirty play.

Comment

• colin
                      Drew's my hero!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

No.............I have a problem with dirty play.
                      But it was not a dirty play. The whistle had not blown yet, the block was not low or in the back, that lineman just needs to keep his head up.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                        • Jul 2002

Thats Your opinion Colin. I and many others think it was dirty. There was absolutely no need for the hit. Sapp should remember what goes around comes around

Comment

• Pride
                          • Jul 2002

I know it was not illegal, but I just hope that someone says that whenever a Guard rounds on a power sweep and happens to fall onto Sapp's ankle, a 300 lb man falling on an ankle can wreak havoc to someone's career!

Comment

• colin
                            Drew's my hero!
                            • Jul 2002

Thats Your opinion Colin. I and many others think it was dirty. There was absolutely no need for the hit. Sapp should remember what goes around comes around
                            I don't understand why it was dirty, because it was "away from the play"? Half of the plays in the game Sapp was away from the play but the O line tried to block him hard. That is just the nature of the game, good players always block who they can where they can, you never know if the runner is going to cut back and sweep accross where your man will be.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

If I'm not mistaken, Mike Sherman said it wasn't dirty after he looked at the film. Unnecessary, yes.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X