PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that still believes Reed can make a good slot WR?

Crisis
01-24-2005, 06:02 PM
I know he's been bad since his rookie year, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. He has all the tools to be successful, and if he gets his head back in the game- can be a great 3rd option for Losman. He's still relatively young, was supposed to have hands of glue coming out of college (cough cough), is a great route runner, and we've seen him make plays over the middle. He can be a servicable play still, IMO. I think his injury this year really set him back in terms of progress (I thought he turned it on when Moulds when out 2 yrs ago).

I just find it crazy how everyone here seems like they've given up on him. How long did it take Brees to come on? Moulds to come on? WRs dont develop very fast (few exceptions).

The fact is- Reed basically only played half of the year in a new system. Granted he look losted at times in the beginning of the year, I have confidence in the great staff here to get his head where it belongs. All he needs to work on is simple mechanics, all the tools are there already.

The_Philster
01-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Honestly, unless he really steps up in training camp, I think he could end up being cut

BillsFever21
01-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Reed isn't great but he's still better then most 3rd WR's in the league. He's only gonna be making 855k and we would only save 225k to cut him. He will be back for one more shot.

Crisis
01-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Honestly, unless he really steps up in training camp, I think he could end up being cut

Whose gonna replace him?

Sam Aiken? :rolleyes:

ShadowHawk7
01-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Nice logic there Crisis. We'll see if you're correct soon enough. I hope you are. :up: I think Aiken showed flashes and should improve nextyear. If only DB would throw the ball to him; I think it was a trust issue.

BAM
01-24-2005, 06:54 PM
His rookie season was impressive... then he just fell off the map. I forgot he even played for the Bills still.

buffalofan19
01-24-2005, 07:29 PM
He should definitely get another year. I always notice that he is good at getting open. The problem is, when the ball comes to him he drops it almost every time, and it's not because Bledsoe threw to him badly. Bledsoe has put quite a few right in his bread-basket and he just drops them.

I definitely say keep him.

But please, Josh, for the love of Bills fans everywhere, hang on to the freaking ball.:pray: