Has anybody mentioned that Michael Vick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Has anybody mentioned that Michael Vick...

is way overrated...way overpaid...can't win the big one...is a huge choker...

well, at least he isn't immobile...guess that makes him worth $100M.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Agreed. Several of us stated the same thing yesterday.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
      Agreed. Several of us stated the same thing yesterday.
      sorry...I wasn't here for the last couple of days...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• helmetguy
        Touch the helmet for luck
        • Sep 2002

And looks great hooking up with his $35 million "go to" receiver. The guy's name escapes me, but I THINK he wears #81.
        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          sorry...I wasn't here for the last couple of days...
          I think we should discuss it further.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

There is no question that this kid has some serious talent..but, can he pull it all together? I have my doubts

I just don't understand the hype? He was injured for most of his college career, and has played only 1 full season without injury as a professional. Granted, during that season they made it to the NFC Championship, but, how much is credited to Vick, the QB, and how much should be credited to Vick, the tailback?

He was the most sacked QB this year, and had one of the least amount of yards passing this season. He has a knack of winning games, but suceeded in winning in a season on a seriously weak NFC schedule.

His armstrength is nothing less than phenominal, but his ability to find the open receiver is highly questionable. If not for Crumpler absorbing the highest percentage of Vick's passes, he would have been forced to rely heavily on his receivers which he proved he is incapable of doing thus far.

Overhyped. Overpaid. Overrated.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

When his legs give out he will give out

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                When his legs give out he will give out
                He seemed to wear down as the season progressed. I was at the Rams - Falcons playoff game. During the 1st quarter he had a huge break for a run down to about the 20. From my perspective Vick had the hole and the opportunity to run in the score, but never flashed the afterburners. Instead he was chased down and corraled out of bounce.

I think the Falcons are really going to have to spend the offseason training this kid in the pocket a little more. Of course after they beef up the OL.

Comment

• Mr.Right
                  Buffalo's favorite "TROLL"
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  is way overrated...way overpaid...can't win the big one...is a huge choker...

well, at least he isn't immobile...guess that makes him worth $100M.
                  After reading the first part of your post, I thought you were talking about Drew Bledsoe!

Comment

• helmetguy
                    Touch the helmet for luck
                    • Sep 2002

Worst part of it is, with all his athletic ability,he bought into his own hype and bolted from VT after his sophomre year. He could have used at least one more season to learn a little something about playing QB.
                    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

I had Vick on my fantasy team- great athlete, mediocre at best QB. He doesn't protect the ball and doesn't see the field well. I think it could be solved with coaching and experience- as someone just said, he's only had one full season in the NFL. He could be a great QB, he could be another addition to the long list of great athletes who can't play football (Antonio Brown, anyone?). Right now, it's all hype but it works- he's selling tickets and jerseys, so the NFL will continue to hype him.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I've never been a huge fan of Michael Vick. As long as he has his legs he will make the Falcons dangerous, but his game is so wild and undisciplined that at some point it has to break down. If you're going to make a serious run at the Super Bowl I think consistencey is absolutely requisite. I don't see the falcons ever going any further than they did this year with Vick at QB. Not a racist point of view. Both McNabb and Daunte Culpepper are mobile QBs (obviously not as wildly athletic as Vick) but they seem perfectly capable of working within a system and playing with the kind of discipline and consistency that can win a Super Bowl.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• STAMPY
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Sep 2003

This thread has been made like 10 times

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                            • Oct 2002

Did anyone see the top10 Vick moments before the game?? Granted it was from the last 3 years.. I didnt see any Vick to Price moments..

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Very few of those were great passes hitting a WR in stride- of those that were passes, he ran around in the backfield for 5 minutes then found a guy.

Did you see Brady hit those WRs down field when they needed it?

Let's see Vick do that

Comment

Working...
                              X