PDA

View Full Version : Are we putting too much stock in Josh Reed?

mchurchfie
11-26-2002, 02:36 PM
Are we really putting too much faith in the fact that if Peerless Price is not resigned, Josh Reed will do the job. Reed is a great receiver in that he catches everything thrown at him and he is great with the run after the catch but he does not have the 4.2 breakaway speed like Peerless to stetch the defenses. I really think that it is imperative that we sign Peerless just as long as he doesn't try to get too greedy.

WCoastFin
11-26-2002, 02:51 PM
I believe you are....Josh is playing good in the slot....you have to test him full time.

JefftheBillsfan
11-26-2002, 05:36 PM
I agree, Im not so sure Josh really has what it takes to ever become anything better than a decent number 2. Our offense needs a very good number 2 IMO. Josh reminds me a lot of Wayne Chrebet.

SoCalBillsFan
11-26-2002, 05:59 PM
i fully agree, Josh reed is not yet peerless price quality. Id love to keep all three

SABURZFAN
11-26-2002, 06:07 PM
people thought s.largent was below-average and he turned in HOF numbers.it's too early to tell but i'm hoping that he continues to improve.

Akhippo
11-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Reed complements Moulds pretty well it seems, and Moulds is what Reed would need. Still if Price left, a speedy 3rd receiver like L Coles would fit in nicely. Blazing speed is great to have, but not all your receivers have to possess it, doesnt hurt, but not detrimental.

German
11-26-2002, 10:04 PM
He's a rookie. One with a lot of promise but still just that.
If PP leaves he deserves a chance.

Moulds dragged Price along for a long time before it finally paid of
for the Bills this season.

I sure would like to see Price stay but if he leaves we'll be fine too.

Novacane
11-26-2002, 10:12 PM
Peerless will be gone so we will find out how good Josh is next season. I think he will be very good.

LuvDaBills11
11-26-2002, 10:50 PM
i think josh is pretty good but we will need a couple years to see if he can make it

jerry rice is slow too. so was andre reed.

i do agree that we need price since i think reed needs another year to grow.

DraftBoy
11-27-2002, 11:42 AM
I dont think Peerless will be gone, he was just like Josh Reed, projected as a mid-late 1st round draft pick and fell to the late 2nd round when Buffalo grabbed him I think he amy remeber that when he gets to the negotiation table.

Captain gameboy
11-27-2002, 12:04 PM
How Germany returns will hve a bit to do with what we offer Peerless, in my view. Is Germany a five play highlight film like last year, or does he have real potential? That's what we need to find out.

casdhf
11-27-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
I dont think Peerless will be gone, he was just like Josh Reed, projected as a mid-late 1st round draft pick and fell to the late 2nd round when Buffalo grabbed him I think he amy remeber that when he gets to the negotiation table.

yeah, right

don137
11-27-2002, 12:13 PM
It is VERY RARE for a receiver to do good his rookie year. Josh looks better than Peerless did as a rookie. Peerless was very inconsistant his first two years and Moulds also took a year or two to develop. It is way too early to say things like he will only be a decent number two. I like what I see in him so far.
I don't think speed receivers are hard to find so I would not go overboard paying him. Price will be another Alvin Harper if he goes somewhere else.

We need defensive help first.

Novacane
11-27-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26

The only thing that is going to matter to Peerless at the negotiation table is who will pay the most $$$$$$$$. This talk of him feeling loyalty to the Bills is crazy

BillsMan80
11-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Guys, Josh Reed isn't "slow" either. Clock speed doesn't make a football player. A 4.5 40 isn't slow. It's how well you get open and how well you run with ball after the catch that makes a receiver. We haven't really given Reed a chance to run with the ball after the catch as much as I'd like to see. I'd love to see them utilize Reed on some crossing routes and screen patterns and see how he runs after the catch. Reed will be a good one.

DraftBoy
11-27-2002, 08:14 PM
Some rare football players still do have loaylty to 1 team, we cant determined Peerless's yet so before we cast him off as a crazy greedy WR lets see his demands first.

TedMock
11-29-2002, 08:36 AM
I don't think we can really compare the two players. Reed is an excellent slot guy who catches the ball, knows how to get open and breaks tackles. His field presence is great. Price is a flat out burner with an attitude. He runs well after the catch but his strength is in the deep route. We need both types. If Price doesn't sign we still need to go out and get that threat. Not that Moulds can't be that guy but he's much better as the primary because of his tackle breaking ability. I'd prefer Price but if he goes we may need a Beebe type to lengthen the field and then Reed becomes the number 2 guy. That's fine with me but we do need a good slot guy and a good deep threat to compliment Moulds.